1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 16:03
    Originally posted by vivify
    Is pointing out someone was being rude reason for apology to you?
    This could read several ways, I'm not interested in figuring it out. If you have something to say just say it.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 16:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    This could read several ways, I'm not interested in figuring it out. If you have something to say just say it.
    It's a simple, straightforward question: is pointing out FMF being rude a reason to apologize, since you asked if I'll start a thread doing so? Yes or no?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 16:171 edit
    It's a simple, straightforward question: is pointing out FMF being rude a reason to apologize, since you asked if I'll start a thread doing so? Yes or no?
    I don't know and I don't care. You're the one apologising all over the place one minute and then carrying on as if you hadn't, the next. I'm not going to help you out.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 16:35
    I don't know and I don't care. You're the one apologising all over the place one minute and then carrying on as if you hadn't, the next. I'm not going to help you out.
    In other words, you're backed into a corner by a simple question, and choose to run away rather than admit you have no point.

Bye.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 16:39
    In other words, you're backed into a corner by a simple question, and choose to run away rather than admit you have no point.

Bye.
    I honestly don't understand your question and I never back away from one. So please make yourself clearer and you have my word I'll try to answer. This is all a silly storm in a teacup.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 16:44
    I honestly don't understand your question and I never back away from one. So please make yourself clearer and you have my word I'll try to answer. This is all a silly storm in a teacup.
    You said this in response to me pointing out FMF was being rude:

Oh dear, you now seem to be less contrite again; do you suddenly feel boosted by the attacks on FMF from the forum's unprincipled ambulance chasers and their apparent superficial and opportunistic support for you?

Are you going to start a thread retracting your apology to FMF, or perhaps explaining that you were just a bit pissed and it was all a chaney3ism

So do you object to me simply pointing out that FMF was rude?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 16:51
    You said this in response to me pointing out FMF was being rude:

[b]Oh dear, you now seem to be less contrite again; do you suddenly feel boosted by the attacks on FMF from the forum's unprincipled ambulance chasers and their apparent superficial and opportunistic support for you?

Are you going to start a thread retracting your apology to FMF, or perha ...[text shortened]... and it was all a chaney3ism

So do you object to me simply pointing out that FMF was rude?[/b]
    Certainly not, if you feel he was or is being rude you go right ahead and say so!
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 17:00
    Certainly not, if you feel he was or is being rude you go right ahead and say so!
    Thank you. That's all I was trying to do. I can apologize for going overboard, while still continuing to point out that he was, in fact, rude.
  9. Chicago, IL.
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 17:02
    "Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." What happened to yours?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 17:07
    Originally posted by Ian47
    "Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." What happened to yours?
    Click "reply and quote" so readers know you are taking to.
    Thanks
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 18:25
    Originally posted by Ian47
    We've been waiting for an Ian to come along and post in this forum.

I had faith you'd come.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 18:47
    aghast is that an England badge? 😕
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 18:50
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    aghast is that an England badge? 😕
    If you are very polite we may let you keep Skye and the Oban coast.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 20:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    After vivify said, "OK...now bring the tough questions", I asked seven concise questions about his Bible-based beliefs. Which ones did you think were off-topic or not "nice"?
    All the ones driven by your never-ending quest to show Christians in some "horrible, self-serving" light, which is ironic in the extreme.

And which is, well, all of them.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Mar '17 21:09
    Can you point to exactly FMF went off topic? Or are you once again allowing your stupid partisan emotionalism infect your thinking.
    Partisan?

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Go on, let's hear the next hyper-critical insult, all because I dared disagree with your "bro".

I have problems with his slick "I'm-your-pal" smile while he completely, unreasonably attacks people as if they were completely and totally unreasonable. One wonders why you don't have a problem with it. The only answer to this seems to be the mutual defense pact you two have with each other. The only thing you two have in common is this rabid fear of being disagreed with. I guess it's not unheard of for people with disparate motives to find a common fear and band together out of desperation. And this is why you two perform this incessant "tag-team" attack on ANYone who disagrees with either of you. Sorry, it got old for me way back when you habitually did it to GB, and even more now that you do it to Robbie. That you do it to me (again, only for the "horrible" crime of simply disagreeing with you two) is water off a duck's back.

I just didn't expect vivify to cave so fast. I mean, I understand why, because you two are good at what you do, while appearing to stand on the side of "right", and I understand that some people may not feel comfortable responding to outrageous attacks like you two perpetuate, but come on, I've seen a lot more "intestinal fortitude" in the way of standing up to attack from him in the Debates Forum. I expected more from him here.

But then again, I expect more from you, too, and I am continually disappointed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree