meat

meat

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
25 Nov 16

Originally posted by apathist
I love your first two sentences. Very wise analysis.

The final sentence disturbs me though. The state of afterlife, if any such exists, does not depend on how we conduct?
I am a christian so I bars my beliefs about the afterlife on the Bible.

The Bible does not say our salvation is based on our exercise schedule or how fast we can run the mile. This body will die. This world will pass away. The physical is unimportant only the spiritual.

No one is going to hell for eating meat or being a vegetarian. They may go to hell for the reason they do but that reason would incorporate more than just food choice.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
25 Nov 16

Originally posted by Eladar

The Bible does not say our salvation is based on our exercise schedule or how fast we can run the mile. This body will die. This world will pass away. The physical is unimportant only the spiritual.

No one is going to hell for eating meat or being a vegetarian. They may go to hell for the reason they do but that reason would incorporate more than just food choice.
Okay. Since this world does not matter, why propagate? Since behaviour doesn't affect afterlife, why be moral?

E

Moves
25 Nov 16
1 edit

Okay. Since this world does not matter, why propagate? Since behaviour doesn't affect afterlife, why be moral?
I didn't say behavior does not affect afterlife. Behavior reflects what is in the heart.

Why propagate? Because you have a strong sex drive?

Paul writes that it is better to stay single and not propagate. If the sex drive is too strong get married and raise your family should you have kids.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
25 Nov 16

"I am a Christian".... so that bars me from being logical or considerate unless it coincides with the bible. If the bible doesn't mention it , it doesn't matter.

That's what I got from this

E

Moves
25 Nov 16
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
"I am a Christian".... so that bars me from being logical or considerate unless it coincides with the bible. If the bible doesn't mention it , it doesn't matter.

That's what I got from this
It bars you from automatically accepting the Bible as truth. You are free to deny the Bible as you wish if you are not a christian but the again many chrisyians deny the truth of the Bible.

But get from it what you wish.

Cape Town

Moves
25 Nov 16

What is a good source of reliable information about this, especially considering the importance of proper nutrition for the healing and the growing?
I am not vegetarian and have not investigated the matter. I would think there would be plenty of sources on the internet, and as with anything on the internet, you have to learn to judge reliability.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
25 Nov 16

Originally posted by twhitehead
I am not vegetarian and have not investigated the matter. I would think there would be plenty of sources on the internet, and as with anything on the internet, you have to learn to judge reliability.
You spoke as if with knowledge.

E

Moves
25 Nov 16

You spoke as if with knowledge.
He does that a lot.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
26 Nov 16

It bars you from automatically accepting the Bible as truth. You are free to deny the Bible as you wish if you are not a christian but the again many chrisyians deny the truth of the Bible.

But get from it what you wish.
I don't deny the bible nor do I deny the many Sutras or Vedas either

E

Moves
26 Nov 16

I don't deny the bible nor do I deny the many Sutras or Vedas either
Good for you.

I am glad you believe that Jesus is the way to heaven and you are to follow his commands concerning all sorts of things.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
27 Nov 16

Good for you.

I am glad you believe that Jesus is the way to heaven and you are to follow his commands concerning all sorts of things.
That's not what he said, he said: "I don't deny", this is not the same as accepting, it is simply not denying at this time.

E

Moves
27 Nov 16

Originally posted by DeepThought
That's not what he said, he said: "I don't deny", this is not the same as accepting, it is simply not denying at this time.
So take no opinion.

Sure I can play that word game

You need not believe that it is true replaces deny.

Good to clear that up. Thanks.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Nov 16

Good for you.

There are many ways to heaven. Jesus is a Bhoddhisatva

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Nov 16

So take no opinion.

Sure I can play that word game

You need not believe that it is true replaces deny.

Good to clear that up. Thanks.
But he was right

E

Moves
27 Nov 16

There are many ways to heaven. Jesus is a Bhoddhisatva
I am in awe being able to read the words of someone who is such an authority on the afterlife. If you say it then it must be true.