1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 12:40
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    But he was right
    As I said I can play the word game of technicalities. No problem.
  2. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 14:14
    disingenuous
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 16:02
    Originally posted by apathist
    disingenuous
    If that was to me then did you read everything?

I adjusted my statement based on yhe correction.

It is the difference between saying all positive numbers when you wanted to include zero too. So you say all non negative numbers to fix the fact you didn't include zero.
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 22:07
    I admit my confusion. I'm in flux here. Eating meat is really good, eating meat is really bad. What is a thinker to do.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '16 22:12
    I admit my confusion. I'm in flux here. Eating meat is really good, eating meat is really bad. What is a thinker to do.
    Eat meat in moderation.

From what I understand the best foods are plants and nuts, but not grains.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 21:01
    Eating meat is not necessary for good health. It is however much easier to make good tasting healthy food with meat. So you need to balance difficulty with whatever argument you might have for eating meat being bad.
    What reasons have you considered so far for thinking eating meat is bad?
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 21:30
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I am in awe being able to read the words of someone who is such an authority on the afterlife. If you say it then it must be true.
    I don't like the term "afterlife", it implies looking forward toward to the future when the "now" is where we should have most of our attention
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 22:45
    There are many ways to heaven. Jesus is a Bhoddhisatva
    So you believe in reaching heaven in this life?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 21:43
    So you believe in reaching heaven in this life?
    "Heaven" as is understood by the layman can be "reached" while alive. why else would we incarnate? To dominate the planet? or...
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '16 23:42
    "Heaven" as is understood by the layman can be "reached" while alive. why else would we incarnate? To dominate the planet? or...
    Why else? To choose God and life or reject God and choose death.
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 09:36
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    What reasons have you considered so far for thinking eating meat is bad?
    Moral. Sentient life as resource, and the daily bloodbath we commit.
  12. Joined
    13 Oct '16
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 02:53
    Vedic civilisation in India saw a huge ammount of the population live very healthy from vegetables, fruit, nuts, beans/legumes and milk products. This was for thousands of years and alot of India is still vegetarian.

if people could not heal or live nicely from eating a lacto veg diet then it would have shown in this huge population and their thousands of years of experimention.

Health usually had more to do with wealth there and if the person had free time to let their body heal and to eat nice food alot, rather than eat less and work more like many poorer people would.

Fatness was considered a sign of being wealthy and still is in many places but it was fatness from eating good food instead of modern western fatness which is from eating things that are not supposed to be eaten.

the reason most meat eaters dont believe this is they stopped growing the diveristy of proteins in the colder countries in the west, they lost the knowledge of how to grow these things and also how to prepare them.

they need to be soaked and washed to digest well so often meat eaters who try them out eat them in indigestible form and then say they gave them a fair try but they did not give them the energy they needed.

meat is like fast food and the things that are better than meat are like home cooking, more work but worth it

go to an indian shop and you will see many bags of varieties of nuts, dhal, peas and ghee to replace meat in a diet.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 22:19
    Why else? To choose God and life or reject God and choose death.
    What a lie!! "choose death" huh?

I'm sick of fear-mongering from politicians and posters like yourself. I'm assuming you are not posting for money, so why not spread love instead?
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '16 03:56
    What a lie!! "choose death" huh?

I'm sick of fear-mongering from politicians and posters like yourself. I'm assuming you are not posting for money, so why not spread love instead?
    Shouting down an honest answer. What else is a libtard to do?
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    04 Dec '16 11:05
    Shouting down an honest answer. ...
    He makes a valid point though. You presented a false dichotomy. And you presented that logical confusion in an offensive way: believe as I do or be punished forever! pfft

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree