1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Oct '16 10:582 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    'You Were Redeemed' really woke me up. 🙂

Like how you sang 'fathers.'
    "You were redeemed not with corruptible things, with silver and gold from your vain, manner of life,
    Handed down from our fathers ..."
    ?

But we were redeemed by the precious blood of Christ.

working with syllables and melody is something I pay close attention to, so as to let the lyrics of the passage sound natural. I mean flowing with the proper accent corresponding to the way the melody runs.

https://soundcloud.com/jack-wilmore/you-were-redeemed-1-pet-118-20
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Oct '16 11:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    Try Plan C. 🙂
    If I can hear the collection that way, I will, during this week.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Oct '16 11:431 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I enjoyed them, sonship. I am a song writer myself and there are several of these chord changes/phrasings that I would be happy enough with if they were mine! You pack your lyrics into the melodies in a rather different way than I would (they remind me of a musical or operetta style in places), and of course your purpose with these lyrics is very specific. But I ...[text shortened]... e one of them. I should note that I have only heard the 15 songs of "Worthy Of The Lamb" so far.
    I am listening to the Little Red Rooster song.

The Worm is Turning Into Me .

You seem to have some top notch musicians there.
    If I didn't know better I'd think you were recording in Nashville.

Now I am on the Mothers song.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Oct '16 11:56
    FMF,

I really like the jam after What Have I Become. Is that your combo playing ?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Oct '16 12:082 edits
    FMF,

You have one of most effective uses of a simple instrument - the cymbal.

I think Lobal Warming is my favorite in the collection so far.

Good flute. Good bass.
    I like very much the light beat.
    I use to like my drummer to use tom toms a lot.
    I have been out of rock for a long time.

The electronic sound effects on Lobal Warming are timed just right.
    I was into electronic music heavy in the 60s,

It started with the World's Fair at the Sweden Pavillions.

I am going through this one a second time right now.
    This is my favorite so far.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 12:16
    Weapons of Righteousness a few select songs from the all important book of Romans.

https://soundcloud.com/jack-wilmore/sets/weapons-of-righteousness
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 11:541 edit
    Today's my birthday. So altogether now!

" Happy birthday to you.
    We're glad you had TWO.
    This day and the great day,
    When Jesus saved you! "

Have a good day everybody.

https://soundcloud.com/jack-wilmore/the-new-man-eph-422-24
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 13:13
    Originally posted by sonship
    " Happy birthday to you.
    We're glad you had TWO.
    This day and the great day,
    When Jesus saved you! "
    This is an interesting comment. Do you actually remember the day when you felt - or perhaps acknowledged within yourself, or perhaps started identifying yourself to others - that you were 'born again'?

And happy Birthday, by the way! 🙂
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Oct '16 15:005 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    This is an interesting comment. Do you actually remember the day when you felt - or perhaps acknowledged within yourself, or perhaps started identifying yourself to others - that you were 'born again'?

And happy Birthday, by the way! 🙂
    Hey you guys. See how FMF and myself have been listening to each other's music? I recommend you hear some of his creative output. He's quite talented.

FMF, This will be brief because I don't want to get into an argument with you seeing I've discovered you're a pretty nice chap and a musical one. I like your music.

I remember the spot on the sidewalk at the moment something beamed into my heart like a laser point and said "Why don't you pray to God ? "

I remember that on that evening Jesus came out of my lips and the presence of God filled me.

The next day, I think I told my first friend that I had become a believer in Jesus Christ.

I have also had the sheer joy of leading some of my friends to experience Christ who could say then - "Now I know not because of what you said. I know for myself. "

Having said that, I now have to add this: I think that actually I had been born again years before. I was a severe backslider from a young age. In my case I first encountered the living God as a young child.

I assumed that that period of my life had passed and that God was not real. I blacked out with a kind of amnesia. I simply did not remember my previous personal relationship. And I did not connect God too well with the name Jesus. I just did not get the connection.

I assumed that like a old teddy bear, those days of God believing were a thing of the past. So my day of coming BACK to that reality of a personal relationship, probably was not the day of my first regeneration. But it could serve just as much as such.

My father was a liberal Presbyterian minister who exposed us all to the Gospel but allowed us all to develop our own belief. He was a seminary professor but a very magnanimous, accomodating, and liberal thinking kind of Christian. He never pushed us to become followers of Jesus.

When I was getting serious about Zen Buddhism he only said, "Jack how do you know Zen is the answer? Have you considered Islam ?"

So you see, my father, who believes in the resurrection of Christ, wanted us to conduct our own search. He's still that way at the age of 94 - very broad in his view.

In that very liberal Presbyterian family atmosphere I found my way to Jesus for a personal encounter. But I really should say that God had MERCY to give me the ability to believe what in myself I could never believe.

I consider my believing in Jesus as a miracle that has taken place in my heart.
    Emphatically - I have no more faith in Christ in myself without His mercy than ANYONE else ever participating in this Forum.

He had mercy on me. He granted me the ability to believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree