No need to be like Christ ?

No need to be like Christ ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
23 Aug 16

Originally posted by chaney3
One could certainly say yes to that. If Jesus says it's okay, then why not?? Did He not turn the water into wine? Also, moderation wouldn't be important either, if the drunkard accusation is at all true.
What does "moderation" have to do with it? Has someone told you, as an alcoholic, that you should try to drink in "moderation" as opposed to getting drunk all the time?

c

Moves
23 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
This is a dodge. I do know the steps. I am asking you about stuff you are saying here in public. If Jesus liked to drink alcohol was he somehow betraying people like you who say they are alcoholics?
That is such a stupid question, that I cannot believe you could ask it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Aug 16

You, FMF, appear to be completely ignorant on this matter.

You seem to be clueless in how much God is supposed to be involved in a person's recovery, if they are involved with a 12 step program.

Please educate yourself!!
It's no wonder.

F

Moves
23 Aug 16

You seem to be clueless in how much God is supposed to be involved in a person's recovery, if they are involved with a 12 step program.
And where did "God" sign up to be involved with this "12 step program" someone has told you about?

F

Moves
23 Aug 16
2 edits

FMF: If Jesus liked to drink alcohol was he somehow betraying people like you who say they are alcoholics?

That is such a stupid question, that I cannot believe you could ask it.
So what is your issue with Jesus drinking or not drinking alcohol? When I asked you if somebody claiming to be a Christian has told you that Jesus has some sort of personal responsibility towards you in curing your alcoholism, you answered "absolutely yes". So if He liked to drink alcohol is that a betrayal in your view? Is that an abdication of the responsibility you think He has towards you?

c

Moves
23 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
So what is your issue with Jesus drinking or not drinking alcohol? When I asked you if somebody claiming to be a Christian has told you that Jesus has some sort of personal responsibility towards you in curing your alcoholism, you answered "absolutely yes". So if He liked to drink alcohol is that a betrayal in your view? Is that an abdication of the responsibility you think He has towards you?
Why is Jesus using alcohol to alter His state of mind? And possibly into a state of drunkenness?

And for those who believe Jesus is God in some way, are we to believe that God is drinking, or getting drunk?

F

Moves
23 Aug 16

Why is Jesus using alcohol to alter His state of mind? And possibly into a state of drunkenness?
Drinking alcohol is drinking alcohol. Getting drunk is getting drunk. Meanwhile, alcoholism is a disease that afflicts people whose mind and body react to alcohol in a certain detrimental and damaging way. An alcoholic can be a person who has not touched alcohol for 20 years. You are conflating consumption of alcohol and alcoholism. Has someone told you that that is the right thing to do ?

F

Moves
23 Aug 16

And for those who believe Jesus is God in some way, are we to believe that God is drinking, or getting drunk?
Who said anything about Jesus getting drunk?

F

Moves
23 Aug 16
1 edit

FMF: So if Jesus liked to drink alcohol, does that mean he's maybe kind of letting you down and ... maybe it's OK to have another drink, even if you are an alcoholic?

One could certainly say yes to that. If Jesus says it's okay, then why not??
Where is it you think Jesus suggested it's OK for an alcoholic to have another drink of alcohol?

rc

Moves
23 Aug 16
5 edits

Originally posted by FMF
I would like to think I am above being accused of being a pedophile but "they" (robbie carrobie and Seitse and GHOST HUNTER) did it anyway. Why do you think they would make such accusations?
I did not actually accuse you of being a paedophile, I simply stated that you were masquerading as women on a site that allows minors. This is a fact. Why you were deceptively masquerading as a women on a site that allows minors is known only to you. I really don't think that you had any nefarious designs or machinations but you should be more careful because it doesn't look good regardless of your motivations. I also apologised for any hurt or pain that this caused, not because I was under duress, I was after all merely stating facts, but because it is not a subject for forum banter.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Aug 16
5 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
So according to you Christians received:
- the divine seed of life.
- "the gift of righteousness" .
- the Spirit indwelling his spirit, like all the believers.

Where do the following of the commandments of Christ come in, because from all of your teachings I have never seen this given the slightest priority. Even here it seems like it is placed on the sidelines and is given lip service.

You have seen my threads on practical spiritual helps to live Christ. You opposed them.

My thread on Prayreading the Word was one very much based on how to take in the nourishing spiritual milk of the word. Peter says to long for this that we may grow to salvation.

You viciously criticized it.

My thread on Calling, Lord, Lord was another. For not just initially, but continually the Lord is rich to all who call upon Him.

You viciously opposed this as well.

Each time I have written something of practical helps in following the Lord Jesus, you have opposed it. And now you say "Where have you given following Christ's commands the slightest priority ?" You do not understand that Christ indwells the believers and the one must learn to contact Him and abide in that realm.

You missed it and you criticized it and mounted fierce opposition to every time I placed high priority on it. I expect you to continue to do so.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Aug 16
2 edits

Rajk999,

With all that receiving of Grace, the teachings of Christ and the Apostles is crystal clear that the Christian that fails to follow the teachings of Christ will not enter the Kingdom of God.

Over the years I have revisited a number of times the three major verses showing defeated Christians will not inherit the kingdom of God.

First Corinthians 5:9-11
Ephesians 5:4
Galatians 5:19-21

I have written many times on these.
You take the passages to mean loss of eternal redemption.
I teach them as I believe they should be taught - mainly to Christians as warning concerning the loss of reward of co-reigning with Christ in the millennial kingdom.

And totally unlike you, I am willing to explain some of these things in reference to my personal experience. If it helps anyone, I have no problem with explaining how I experience Christ commanding in my personal spiritual journey.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
[quote] So according to you Christians received:
- the divine seed of life.
- "the gift of righteousness" .
- the Spirit indwelling his spirit, like all the believers.

Where do the following of the commandments of Christ come in, because from all of your teachings I have never seen this given the slightest priority. Even here it seems like it is pl ...[text shortened]... fierce opposition to every time I placed high priority on it. I expect you to continue to do so.
I rest my case. You have no clue what the commandments of Jesus were and how to apply them, far less able to preach about them.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
23 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
Rajk999,

With all that receiving of Grace, the teachings of Christ and the Apostles is crystal clear that the Christian that fails to follow the teachings of Christ will not enter the Kingdom of God.

Over the years I have revisited a number of times the three major verses showing defeated Christians will not inherit the kingdom of ...[text shortened]... no problem with explaining how I experience Christ commanding in my personal spiritual journey.
The passages are stating clearly that there are some Christian saints whose sins are so grevious that they will not enter the Kingdom of God and these will be destroyed.

You can choose to interpret as you wish. I will say with what they say clearly.

How your personal experience changes the teachings of Jesus and the Apostles is a mystery that I dont care to understand.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
23 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
I rest my case. You have no clue what the commandments of Jesus were and how to apply them, far less able to preach about them.
So when you say someone doesn't have a clue about something yet fail to give any reason why that is the case then in your mind you have built a solid case?