1. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '16 22:11
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I should point out Duchess64, that while the Jewish people celebrate Passover now, the Bible tells how the Israelites, shortly after their deliverance, longed to go back to Egypt, and under Pharaoh's rule again.....and some wanted to die in the desert. It's a complicated story to say the least.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '16 13:19
    Everything that I wrote about Suzianne is factually accurate and based upon the evidence of her posts.

Yes, and you will notice that I didn't contest the 'factual accuracy' of your posts.

If I was going to try to create a posting style that was designed to maximally piss off other people, even those that
    agree with the points I was making, I would struggle to create a posting style more efficient at rubbing people the
    wrong way than the style you have created for yourself.

As I said, factually what you said was probably true... It's the WAY you said it, and the way you say just about
    everything, that is where you go horribly wrong. That and your incredibly thin skin and tendency to throw prima-donna
    style hissy-fits at the slightest provocation.

Your entire posting style is grating, smug, holier-than-thou, snobbish, and rude... The fact that you frequently [although not
    always] also get the facts right makes it worse.

You seem to be under the delusion that this is not a casual internet forum where people 'shoot the s**t' while discussing
    arm-chair philosophy and slagging off those that disagree, as opposed to [for example] a university philosophy debate.

Of course, you don't give a damn about any of that as demonstrated by your completely consistent posting style after
    years of people reacting badly to it and explaining why...

But then ALL those people are wrong and only you are right, so it doesn't matter does it.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Apr '16 14:15
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Everything that I wrote about Suzianne is factually accurate and based upon the evidence of her posts.

Yes, and you will notice that I didn't contest the 'factual accuracy' of your posts.

If I was going to try to create a posting style that was designed to maximally piss off other people, even those that
    agree with the points I was ...[text shortened]... ...

But then ALL those people are wrong and only you are right, so it doesn't matter does it.
    I'm glad that someone else sees this.

This is the second time (actually, no, it's the third time in the span of a couple of months) that she has bit into me lately, with a venom that I usually reserve for the worst offenders of humanity, like Republicans, for 'off-the-cuff' remarks that I have made. Even though we've had our difference of opinion on the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, I did not consider her an enemy of mine on these forums until she chewed into me with the determination of a pit bull for pointing out that her comments about sonhouse were a little bit 'over the mark' in a recent discussion thread. Yes, I had the misfortune of telling her she needed to dial back her comments to him in that thread because it was obvious that his comments were not an attack on her, as she had taken them, but this only led to her wholesale denunciation and defamation of me, and I let her know then that she had finally pushed me over the edge with her nonsensical scathing attack on me. I still stand by my decision at that time to no longer have any interaction with her, because as I found out, no matter how well-intentioned my statement to her, she always responds in a way that brings to mind a rather desperate scorched-earth style policy. Life is too short and I have too many other distractions in my life to let her borderline-hysterical ravings bother me in the least. I'm sorry that I let my last post in this thread go out to her before I could manage a governor on my feelings. But I'm now done, and it won't be happening again.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '16 20:57

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '16 21:07
    And I note with amusement that you still believe that you have the ability to read my mind
    and deduce my thoughts on topics I have said absolutely nothing about, while totally and utterly
    missing the point of my posts despite your supposed genius at understanding the written word.

I have no idea if you are a Muslim pretending to be an atheist, and I don't care.

It's not an idea that had previously occurred to me, and is one I will continue not to care about.

You fail again. Try reading what's actually written and not the subtext that only exists in your
    own deluded mind.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '16 21:321 edit

7. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '16 21:441 edit

8. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '16 22:27
    Oh dear god you're an idiot.

So would the extremely hypocritical Googlefudge have no problem with Suzianne
    accusing Googlefudge of being a Muslim who's pretending to be an atheist?

I would have a problem with being accused with being something I am not...
    For example I take issue with being called a hypocrite, while not being one.

Again, I have said nothing at all about whether it's a valid accusation, or whether Suzianne
    should have made it, or what you should think on the subject... NOTHING AT ALL

I haven't implied, hinted, or given a damn about it. I don't care.

You cannot infer anything about my views on the topic from what I've written.
    Particularly as I don't care enough about it to have checked to see if it's actually true.

The dishonest Googlefudge pretends that I had *not already* written of Suzianne's falsely
    accusing me of being a Muslim pretending to an atheist in *my post to Googlefudge*
    (page 3, post 14) as well as later in my post (page 4, post 4). Googlefudge's such a liar.

THIS is the "oh dear god you're an idiot" moment.

NO! I did nothing of the sort. The 'previously' in my sentence refers to "prior to this conversation"
    as prior to this idiotic conversation I had no idea anyone had made any such claim about you.
    This is perfectly acceptable common use of english and would be accepted as such by any native
    speaker.

To read any other meaning [as you have done] you have to be bad at english, or in your case think
    yourself to be a mind reader.

You are not a mind reader, you suck big hairy monkey balls at it.

I note with disdain that, while Googlefudge criticized Dasa for approving of a genocide
    of Muslims, Googlefudge seems to have no problem with Suzianne approving or condoning
    Israel's genocide of the Palestinians.

You note with complete inaccuracy, as even a cursory look through my posting history will confirm that
    I condemn any genocide, and heavily criticize Suzanne's beliefs, as well as those of any and all other theists.

Feel free to ask any of the theists around here as to whether they think I condone any of their beliefs.

This 'seeming' is yet another instance of you trying to read my mind, and failing yet again.
    [And more than that it shows a total and utter ignorance of my public posting history while simultaneously
    making grand claims about it's content]

Suzianne's beliefs are on the crazy fundamentalist end of Christian beliefs which are pretty crazy to begin
    with and I have told her so many times before.

In regards to this specific claim you are making about Suzianne approving of genocide... I have not read those
    posts and was not in that argument. I don't know what she may or may not have been arguing and thus can't
    offer an informed opinion on the topic.

Again, for many reasons I regard Googlefudge with absolute disdain.

What makes you think anyone cares?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '16 22:563 edits

10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 May '16 03:15
    Originally posted by googlefudge to Duchess64
    And I note with amusement that you still believe that you have the ability to read my mind
    and deduce my thoughts on topics I have said absolutely nothing about, while totally and utterly
    missing the point of my posts despite your supposed genius at understanding the written word.

I have no idea if you are a Muslim pretending to be an ...[text shortened]... reading what's actually written and not the subtext that only exists in your
    own deluded mind.
    While I realize that you have said these same things to me on occasion, I will use your post as a 'burning man'-type effigy to respond to the worst of the laundry list of complaints she apparently has against me. Because she's taken her sweet time complaining (to me, anyways) about these things she says I said, I do not have a perfect recall of exactly what I said (clearly this works to her advantage), mainly because she is dealing with a "subtext that only exists in [her] own deluded mind", but also because, again, this apparent implication that "she is a Muslim who is pretending to be atheist" was made in a humorous moment, in a rather "off the cuff" sort of way. Clearly the woman suffers from a completely shriveled and dried up sense of humor. This implication of hers, which seems to suggest that I actually believe this, is an insult both to my intelligence and hers. But she can't even leave it there, she has to carp on this misunderstanding of hers numerous times in this thread, even though I'm fairly certain most are tired of hearing about it already.

I'm not even going to go on about her hyperbole over the use of the term "genocide". What Israel is doing is defending itself against attack, which is the right of any sovereign nation, and to call it "genocide" only shows a perfect bias towards Palestine.

Don't worry, I'm not about to respond to her about this ad nauseum. I've corrected her biased statements, and so I'm done. She'll no doubt continue her biased and humorless diatribe, but frankly, I have better things to do.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '16 23:152 edits

12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 May '16 11:391 edit
    I would say one thing about these forums: When people argue and call each other names, it is verbal. Time goes by, the names called and such are gone. People move on.
    If a lot of people call you names, you might get overwhelmed and run out of town and such, just showing one reaction, not even trying to hint you would do the same.

But here on the net, the words are written down, something said years ago are still there to review and to refresh the assault.

That seems to me a permanent assault, never goes away.

For instance, could you now just ask Suzianne 'do you now think I am a Muslim'
    but you don't, you keep referring to the past remark from quite a long time ago.

Wouldn't it be better that way rather than bringing up old injuries like that?

I hope you understand I am not saying that as an attack, just an observation.

I can't spend much time here as my wife is in very bad shape after major back surgery.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '16 01:48

14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 May '16 17:14
    It does seem bizarre for someone to think a Muslim would actually deny being Muslim and instead be taken for Atheist. It is an odd view. Mind you, I never accused you of anything like that, I think you are exactly who you say you are and I would still like to meet you in person some day. Hey, maybe we would start a big hissy fight🙂 Just joking of course.
  15. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    05 May '16 13:04
    Originally posted by chaney3
    The story of Exodus in the Bible has always troubled me. The fact that God Himself hardened the heart of Pharaoh 10 times to ensure that all of the promised plagues would happen has been confusing to me. The 10th plague, killing of the firstborn, which the people of Moses avoided because they spread blood above the doors, and 'death' would then "pass over" ...[text shortened]... o would purposely harden Pharaoh's heart to make sure that much suffering and death would occur.
    Passover is not just about the 10 plagues. It's about the Exodus in general. Whether the 10 plagues occurred or didn't occur wouldn't make the Exodus any more or less miraculous if you take the Biblical claims at face value.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree