positive affirmations

positive affirmations

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
24 Mar 17
1 edit

We all do it: I can do this; it will be okay; let's roll. Doing this on purpose battles your anxiety (or whatever monkey is on your back (apologies to monkeys)) wait what was I talking about. deep breath. I am strong and smart and agile and I can remember what monkeys have to do with anything.

F

Moves
24 Mar 17

Originally posted by apathist
We all do it: I can do this; it will be okay; let's roll. Doing this on purpose battles your anxiety (or whatever monkeys on your back (apologies to monkeys)) wait what was I talking about. deep breath. I am strong and smart and agile and I can remember what monkeys have to do with anything.
Well done! 🙂

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Mar 17
1 edit

We all do it: I can do this; it will be okay; let's roll. Doing this on purpose battles your anxiety (or whatever monkey is on your back (apologies to monkeys)) wait what was I talking about. deep breath. I am strong and smart and agile and I can remember what monkeys have to do with anything.
Well said. God likes people with a positive attitude and hates losers who claim that they are nothing, or nobody or cannot do this, that or the other.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
25 Mar 17
1 edit

The worst of all problems can be solved with correct breathing and correct understanding...

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
25 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
The worst of all problems can be solved with correct breathing and correct understanding...
I hear you. There is more. We gotta do stuff, karoly.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
25 Mar 17

The wise guru on the mountain, I'm like buddy you live from offerings and are not engaged in the world. Pretty sure your advice is slightly inbred.

Moves
25 Mar 17

Nice post, this thread will be fine.

w

Moves
25 Mar 17

There is a scripture that says something to the effect that there is a way for man that seems right, but the end of which leads to destruction.

I think pretty much everyone thinks they are on the "right" road. Of course, not all are.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Mar 17

Originally posted by whodey
There is a scripture that says something to the effect that there is a way for man that seems right, but the end of which leads to destruction.

I think pretty much everyone thinks they are on the "right" road. Of course, not all are.
Is it your position that a positive attitude leads to destruction?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
25 Mar 17

I prefer negative affirmations. You can't do it, but that's a good thing.

w

Moves
25 Mar 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
Is it your position that a positive attitude leads to destruction?
No, it is my position that we rationalize our way is the right way.

Even Hitler thought he was doing what was "right".

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Mar 17

No, it is my position that we rationalize our way is the right way.

Even Hitler thought he was doing what was "right".
I think you are incorrect. People rationalize of course and try to convince themselves that they are right. However they are not able to fool their fool their conscience.

You have any evidence that that is what Hitler thought?

w

Moves
25 Mar 17
3 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
I think you are incorrect. People rationalize of course and try to convince themselves that they are right. However they are not able to fool their fool their conscience.

You have any evidence that that is what Hitler thought?
You can try to fool your conscience. In fact, for genocide to occur it is almost a prerequisite.

For example, Hitler told himself that Jews were the vermin of the human race, much today Progs tell themselves that the unborn are not really human but just a parasite. It is only then do you have the moral high ground to impose genocide.

Of course, at our core we know we are wrong, but these mental gymnastics are key in trying to preserve some sanity in the midst of insanity. Naturally, as we progress down this road our sanity slowly leaves us.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
25 Mar 17

So how can you tell if you are on the right road? Scripture helps only if you need to be told right from wrong. I'm asking how do we determine the correct path?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
25 Mar 17

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
I prefer negative affirmations. You can't do it, but that's a good thing.
You joke, but make a real point. We have to know our limits. Also there is stuff we are easily good at and so don't need the pep self-talk. It is the grey area where positive affirmations make the difference.