Question for hell doubters

Question for hell doubters

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Sep 14

Originally posted by whodey
Name one person who thinks they are going to hell.
Just think about that for one moment, really, just think it through...

If you believe in hell and eternal suffering you presumably believe in god and will find accepting salvation easy.

If you do not believe in hell because you do not believe in god (period) you are therefore not likely to start believing in god because some theist rams eternal suffering down your throat.

If you (like me) are a Christian who does not believe in eternal suffering, and believing so doesn't affect my salvation, then what's the point of ramming it down my throat.

Preaching this doctrine of death is driven from pride and an inner desire to see the unrighteousness punished. It's a sleight on the nature of god and repellent to Christians and non Christians alike. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for propagating it.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
16 Sep 14

Originally posted by DeepThought
Presumably Satanists.
INCORRECT !
Read "The Satanic Bible " by Anton Lavey .
I keep a copy right by my computer.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Sep 14
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester

If you believe in hell and eternal suffering you presumably believe in god and will find accepting salvation easy.

If you do not believe in hell because you do not believe in god (period) you are therefore not likely to start believing in god because some theist rams eternal suf ...[text shortened]... Christians and non Christians alike. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for propagating it.
The apostle Paul wrote:
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

(Romans 1:16 KJV)

And Jesus Christ taught,
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

(Matthew 25:46 KJV)

Jesus also taught this about hell:
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

(Matthew 10:28 KJV)

Perhaps this means that there are degrees of suffering. Some will be punished lightly and then destroyed and annihilated, while others like Satan and the demons will be punished with everlasting torment. Would that be more acceptable to you?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Sep 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
The apostle Paul wrote:
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

(Romans 1:16 KJV)

And Jesus Christ taught,
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

(M ...[text shortened]... and the demons will be punished with everlasting torment. Would that be more acceptable to you?
What is "acceptable to me" is not being preached at about a version of God who has designed a place of eternal torture for those who rejected him.

Being preached this by you, a proven liar and chess cheat is probably the single most depressing thing I can read on these boards.

P

Moves
23 Sep 14

For those who belittle those who believe that a hell exists, (in the immortal words of Hillary Clinton), what difference does it make? So if there is no hell, then who cares about false doctrine? In fact, who cares about the truth if we are all going to the same place anyway?

For those Christians that don't believe in a hell, what good is the cross? What good is the gospel?
There is a hell, and you don't want to go there.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
23 Sep 14

Originally posted by Pudgenik
There is a hell, and you don't want to go there.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Norway#mediaviewer/File:Hell2.jpg

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
23 Sep 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Norway#mediaviewer/File:Hell2.jpg
LOL ....... I think Hell is Stockton California 😉

Manny

P

Moves
23 Sep 14

Originally posted by menace71
LOL ....... I think Hell is Stockton California 😉

Manny
In the near future, many will think it is in the middle east.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
25 Sep 14

Originally posted by Pudgenik
In the near future, many will think it is in the middle east.
Why?

w

Moves
26 Sep 14

Originally posted by divegeester

If you do not believe in hell because you do not believe in god (period) you are therefore not likely to start believing in god because some theist rams eternal suf ...[text shortened]... Christians and non Christians alike. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for propagating it.
Take it up with the authors of the Bible, not whodey.

What is your thoughts on Revelation, for example, talking about eternal fire and brimstone?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
27 Sep 14

What is your thoughts on Revelation, for example, talking about eternal fire and brimstone?
Why is it always "fire and brimstone" and not "fire and sulphur"?

Is there any modern bible that translates it as sulphur?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
27 Sep 14

That's a nice easy cop out for your isn't it; believe something horrendous about god and when questioned on it put your fingers in your ears and sing la-la-la.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Sep 14
2 edits

Why is it always "fire and brimstone" and not "fire and sulphur"?

Is there any modern bible that translates it as sulphur?
Yes there are many. New International Version, New Living Translation, English Standard Version, Holman Christian Standard Bible, International Standard Version, The Way The Living Bible, and World English Bible are examples of complete translations that use the word "sulfer" instead of brimstone.

And there are also some New Testament only versions, such as Weymouth New Testament and The New Testament in Modern English.

However, I like the sound of brimstone better that sulfur, don't you?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
27 Sep 14

Originally posted by RJHinds

However, I like the sound of brimstone better that sulfur, don't you?
Brimstone has a kind of medieval ring to it. It's the sort of word
to use in a sword & sorcery fantasy novel or role play game.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Sep 14

Brimstone has a kind of medieval ring to it. It's the sort of word
to use in a sword & sorcery fantasy novel or role play game.
The Holy Bible is even older than those, so it fits best don't you think?