The evolution of the Coca Cola can

The evolution of the Coca Cola can

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 May 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Not sure how to express it any more clearly. You stated God was unchanging and that there was no contradiction in character between God in the OT and NT. I have stated that the God of the OT is substantially different from the God in the NT, meaning one of 2 things:

1. They refer to different Gods.
2. God is not unchanging.

You decide which to run with.
There is nothing contradicting about the God when viewed through OT and the NT.
What do you think is?

We may view Him differently due to our possible relationships with Him, but that is no
different than a man and woman meeting, and marrying the relationship differ the people
are the same.

Moves
19 May 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
What do you think is?

We may view Him differently due to our possible relationships with Him, but that is no
different than a man and woman meeting, and marrying the relationship differ the people
are the same.
firstly the end of your second paragraph sense did not make.

secondly, the morals of the god in the old testament are completely at odds with the teachings of Christ....only a lunatic would try and reconcile the two.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
20 May 16
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
What do you think is?

are the same.
What I think is that Paul and the Christians, inventing an entirely different religion to Judaism, nevertheless borrowed a history for themselves from the Jews. The incongruities are not really avoidable and the superbly clever argument about an unfolding revelation, in which God's message slowly adjusted over history to meet changing human needs, is just obviously a sticking plaster that fails to repair the wounds. The basic game by which innovators claim to be authentic adherents of some ancient wisdom is so common it is laughable but hey - it works often enough to be worth repeating. Sadly, the Christian story line cannot even support a consistent monotheism. Converting pagans was made much easier when they realised that all the pagan gods and supernatural agents could be translated into Christian terms and carry on more or less as before. It still took nearly four centuries to knock out a coherent statement of what Christians should even believe, and much of that work relied on Greek / Hellenistic philosophy rather than Jewish or Christian theology.

The Bible is a mess of inconsistent and primitive story telling. It is historically fascinating in the way that primitive art is fascinating or folk music or myths ...

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
20 May 16

Originally posted by twhitehead
I never said there was a verse. I am not a Christian like you, I do not go around supporting everything I say with verse numbers.
Do you deny that God has ever sanctioned forced sex?
I never said there was a verse. I am not a Christian like you, I do not go around supporting everything I say with verse numbers.

How else would you support it? With your imagination? You made the claim. Now support it or retract it.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
20 May 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
[b]I never said there was a verse. I am not a Christian like you, I do not go around supporting everything I say with verse numbers.

How else would you support it? With your imagination? You made the claim. Now support it or retract it.[/b]
For starters
Judges 21:10-24

a snippet
This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12 They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.

Cape Town

Moves
20 May 16

How else would you support it? With your imagination? You made the claim. Now support it or retract it.
Do you deny it?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
20 May 16

Do you deny it?
I deny any knowledge of it. Please enlighten me.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
20 May 16

Please enlighten me.
OK.
There is no god.
Now go to your local library and get educated.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
20 May 16

Originally posted by wolfgang59
OK.
There is no god.
Now go to your local library and get educated.
No you BELIEVE there is no God. Already have an education, thanks.

Moves
20 May 16

No you BELIEVE there is no God. Already have an education, thanks.
He meant secondary education.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
20 May 16

He meant secondary education.
Lol good one

Moves
20 May 16

Lol good one
My sarcasm is a little biting at times.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
20 May 16

My sarcasm is a little biting at times.
My sarcasm-meter didn't register a thing!

Moves
20 May 16

Originally posted by wolfgang59
My sarcasm-meter didn't register a thing!
Admittedly, it was on the very cusp of satirical disparagement.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
20 May 16

You posted:
In order to understand absolute or universal truth, we must begin by defining truth. Truth, according to the dictionary, is “conformity to fact or actuality; a statement proven to be or accepted as true.”

Clearly 'absolute' is implied and there is no need to say 'absolute truth'. Just 'truth' should suffice.

[b]When did I g ...[text shortened]... out that people in the Bible committed rape on Gods orders. Was God immoral to so command them?
I must point out that people in the Bible committed rape on Gods orders. Was God immoral to so command them?

So are you going to produce the goods or admit this was a lie?