The evolution of the Coca Cola can

The evolution of the Coca Cola can

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
07 Jun 16

'Atheism is nothing more than the noises reasonable people make when in the presence of religious dogma.'

Sam Harris

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
07 Jun 16

Originally posted by twhitehead
I note that you really hate him, but never have any actual criticisms of what he has to say. He must really be so right on the money that it gets to you. (and I suspect Sam Harris would be the first to state that he is not claiming to be 'an authority' at all, but rather his arguments stand up for themselves. The great think about being able to think for ...[text shortened]... ng we learn to do without when we grow up. It also helps us get past thinking the world is flat.
Hate is not an accurate assessment of my consideration of the man.
I consider him a fraud, but I'm sure he's a really nice guy in person.
At length I tore into some claptrap he was waxing ignorant on awhile ago, and I'm certain there have been at least a handful of other times I'd given his crap the same treatment.
You see, that's what thinking people do: they consider another's line of thinking, compare and contrast it with their own and then formulate their response to the result.
It is noted how your response to the two questions posted has been non-existent.
If questioning the shape of the earth is as simpleton-minded as you suggest, surely responding to either or both of the questions would be child's play.

Cape Town

Moves
07 Jun 16

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
You see, that's what thinking people do: they consider another's line of thinking, compare and contrast it with their own and then formulate their response to the result.
Yet you didn't.

It is noted how your response to the two questions posted has been non-existent.
What two questions would those be?

If questioning the shape of the earth is as simpleton-minded as you suggest, surely responding to either or both of the questions would be child's play.
I responded to your flat earther nonsense at length in the relevant thread a long time ago as well you know. You just kept on insisting that you were right and everyone else was wrong and ignoring any responses that demonstrated that you were wrong. It was something of a record for stubborn stupidity on this forum and that's saying something.
If you claim I didn't answer two questions, it is most likely that I did, and you ignored the answers.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
09 Jun 16

Yet you didn't.

[b]It is noted how your response to the two questions posted has been non-existent.

What two questions would those be?

I responded to your flat earther nonsense at leng ...[text shortened]... claim I didn't answer two questions, it is most likely that I did, and you ignored the answers.[/b]
Tracking down something unrelated for another obstinate poster, I ran across a few of yours.
As I suspected, you were unable to answer either one.
You nearly pulled it off, were it not for the actual record of posts.
Good effort, though.

Cape Town

Moves
09 Jun 16

Tracking down something unrelated for another obstinate poster, I ran across a few of yours.
It is noted that you will not say what these two questions I supposedly didn't answer actually are.

As I suspected, you were unable to answer either one.
As suspected, you are probably lying.

Moves
09 Jun 16

It is noted that you will not say what these two questions I supposedly didn't answer actually are.

[b]As I suspected, you were unable to answer either one.

As suspected, you are probably lying.[/b]
I believe these were his 2 questions:

HOW ARE DISTANT OBJECTS WHICH OUGHT TO BE BELOW THE HORIZON OTHERWISE VISIBLE
and
WHY DOES NASA LIE?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
09 Jun 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

and
WHY DOES NASA LIE?
Lucky guess.

Moves
09 Jun 16

and
WHY DOES NASA LIE?
The answers to which are "Objects that are supposed to be below the horizon are in fact below the horizon"
and "NASA does not in general lie, and certainly doesn't about this topic"

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
09 Jun 16

Originally posted by googlefudge
The answers to which are "Objects that are supposed to be below the horizon are in fact below the horizon"
Except when they're not because they are observable.

Except when they do, which is with literally every single image they've ever produced of the earth from space.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
10 Jun 16

[b]The answers to which are "Objects that are supposed to be below the horizon are in fact below the horizon"
Except when they're not because they are observable.

Except when they do, which is with literally every single image they've ever produced of the earth from space.[/b]
http://www.timeforchess.com/forum/general/flat-earth.167344/page-74

Why does this same discussion have to follow so many different threads? It is already insane enough in one thread.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
10 Jun 16
1 edit

Originally posted by finnegan
http://www.timeforchess.com/forum/general/flat-earth.167344/page-74

Why does this same discussion have to follow so many different threads? It is already insane enough in one thread.
You're asking the wrong person.
I didn't bring it into this thread.

P.S. You can blame googlefudged for introducing the topic to this thread one page prior to this current one.

P.P.S. As "insane" as it seems, the two questions remain unanswered.

Moves
10 Jun 16
1 edit

You're asking the wrong person.
I didn't bring it into this thread.

P.S. You can blame googlefudged for introducing the topic to this thread one page prior to this current one.

P.P.S. As "insane" as it seems, the two questions remain unanswered.
Come sir, I answered them perfectly thoroughly in the flat Earth thread. Maybe you just need time to digest them?

Edit. Here they are again:

HOW ARE DISTANT OBJECT WHICH OUGHT TO BE BELOW THE HORIZON OTHERWISE VISIBLE

Distant objects below the horizon are 'not' visible. I don't think you have successfully evidenced otherwise. Taking our agreed curvature of the Earth (8 inches per mile) I don't see how it can be argued that objects will not eventually drop below the horizon and out of view.

WHY DOES NASA LIE?

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if NASA have tidied up images or made exaggerations to enhance their reputation, secure funding etc. All large organizations are arguably guilty of lying,at some time or another. - That said, you shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water. It is not a reasonable conclusion that, because NASA lies, the Earth is therefore flat and we haven't been to the moon.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
10 Jun 16

Come sir, I answered them perfectly thoroughly in the flat Earth thread. Maybe you just need time to digest them?

Edit. Here they are again:

HOW ARE DISTANT OBJECT WHICH OUGHT TO BE BELOW THE HORIZON OTHERWISE VISIBLE

Distant objects below the horizon are 'not' visible. I don't think you have successfully evidenced otherwise. Taking our agr ...[text shortened]... conclusion that, because NASA lies, the Earth is therefore flat and we haven't been to the moon.
You know, you're just really peeving finnegan on...

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
10 Jun 16

You know, you're just really peeving finnegan on...
Say, I have a novel idea!
What say we cross pollinate this thread with that one and see what Coca-Cola moon base we can get to evolve?

Moves
10 Jun 16

Say, I have a novel idea!
What say we cross pollinate this thread with that one and see what Coca-Cola moon base we can get to evolve?
With respect sir, I don't think that would make much of a novel. (I would advise going down the cartoon route).