What does Jesus want from us?

What does Jesus want from us?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
22 Apr 16
2 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yes,

being too awesome
too brainy
too well informed
a chess bomb
too handsome
too articulate
too spiritual

thats about it to be honest.

Nah I seriousness i have apologised to think of one for calling him a disparaging term for a homosexual, I have apologized to FMF for insinuating that he was hiding out in Indonesia for some unspeakab ...[text shortened]... ivegeester for calling him a son of Satan. There may be others but these ones stick in my mind.
So in short, profoundly deluded.

Gotcha.

*Edit - Have you apologised for bringing us dodgy earthquake data?

rc

Moves
22 Apr 16
2 edits

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
So in short, profoundly deluded.

Gotcha.

*Edit - Have you aplogised for bringing us dodgy earthquake data?
I once kept a list of all the insults I had received but it grew too long and I abandoned it.

Nothing dodgy about it my son, I'll stake my reputation on it!😵

T

Moves
22 Apr 16
1 edit

Originally posted by DeepThought
My point was in the context of an atheist attributing desires to Jesus. An atheist wouldn't believe that Jesus could have desires now.
Just because someone uses the present tense when speaking of "what Jesus wants", does not necessarily mean that they believe literally "that Jesus could have desires now".

ENGLAND

Moves
22 Apr 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Fine I apologise for calling you a son of Satan and if you think your foul mouthed rants are less morally reprehensible then so be it. I would like to point out though that you do not consider me a Christian and I have deep reservations about you being one.
I've heard a few apologies, and that really doesn't sound like a sincere one. Furthermore I personally have no issue calling you a duchebag or a bell-end, because I don't find those terms to be any way whatsoever "morally reprehensible". What I find disgraceful and a little concerning is you as an alledged Christian, taking the name of a celestial being in vain - something which the scripture advises against. Now if you like we can continue arguing over the topic in hand?

ENGLAND

Moves
22 Apr 16
2 edits

Originally posted by yoctobyte
You know dive, I think I will pass... because I really could care less. This conversation has turned into something like what you would find in a school yard and I would rather not be a part of it.

You get to the point where you just throw your hands up and say... you win! You win dive, but not really.

Don't you get tired of the he said she said ...[text shortened]... hers faces and as Christians... lets exemplify the cause of Christ... now there is a novel idea.
Edited out as was a bit harsh.
Forget it.

c

Moves
24 Apr 16

Originally posted by chaney3
Is believing that He really existed over 2,000 years ago enough? Or do we need to believe that He is the Son of God? Or do we need to believe that He is God?

Once we decide which 'belief' is necessary, what then do we do next? Is the belief alone satisfactory? Or do we need to follow up with Christ like works? And if along the way, we have doubts ab ...[text shortened]... ny conflicting opinions about this subject.

Mark 9:24 Lord I believe, but help my unbelief
I would like to go back to the first few questions that I asked in the OP, because most of your posts have been with the assumption that one actually knows 'which version' of Jesus is being discussed.

I am doing this because a person posted in a different thread about how sad it was that Prince didn't know the 'real Jesus' and knew only the 'invented' Jesus of the JW's, and it got me thinking.

I have been asked if I am a Christian, and I replied "I don't know". That response may seem silly to some, but is it? What exactly is a Christian?

I can no longer accept the sugar coated answer "A person who believes in Jesus"..........which Jesus????? Is it the real Jesus, the JW Jesus, the Jesus that was God, or was it the Jesus that was only a human?

It's remarkable to me that I need to ask these questions. I am not asking about the many, many gods of the ancient Egyptians here. Instead, it's ONE guy.....and not every Christian can agree at all on who this ONE guy really is. How can there be SO many interpretations about this? It's difficult enough to merely have faith.......but c'mon, let's at least start with an agreement on who this ONE guy is.

Thanks......I needed to get that off my chest.

ENGLAND

Moves
24 Apr 16
1 edit

I have been asked if I am a Christian, and I replied "I don't know". That response may seem silly to some, but is it?
It doesn't sound "silly", to me it sounds difficult to believe. You have previously claimed that you have always considered yourself to be a Chrisitan, then you subsequently claimed that you had never been a Christian and then when cornered you lied about your first claim. So a more pertinent question would be "why should anyone believe anything that you say, or be in the slightest bit interested in your fake dilemma"?

c

Moves
24 Apr 16

Originally posted by divegeester
It doesn't sound "silly", to me it sounds difficult to believe. You have previously claimed that you have always considered yourself to be a Chrisitan, then you subsequently claimed that you had never been a Christian and then when cornered you lied about your first claim. So a more pertinent question would be "why should anyone believe anything that you say, or be in the slightest bit interested in your fake dilemma"?
Hey Dive, whatever a Christian is......you are NOT it.

I would accuse you of being an atheist, but it would be an insult to the atheists on this forum, because while they do not believe in Jesus, they have offered more insight that you ever will.

You seriously need to re-evaluate your claim of being a Christian yourself, because I think it's clear to most posters, at least me, that you are more than content to just either mock a person's belief, or pick it apart if the opportunity exists. Either way, I am no longer interested.

So....why don't you just go over to the other thread and call Robbie a dick again.....and let your light shine. 🙂

ENGLAND

Moves
24 Apr 16

I would accuse you of being an atheist, but it would be an insult to the atheists on this forum, because while they do not believe in Jesus, they have offered more insight that you ever will.

You seriously need to re-evaluate your claim of being a Christian yourself, because I think it's clear to m ...[text shortened]... u just go over to the other thread and call Robbie a dick again.....and let your light shine. 🙂
For someone who is now claiming you don't know whether you are a Christian or not, you seem to be quite able to tell whether someone else is or isn't, how is that?

Moves
24 Apr 16

You seriously need to re-evaluate your claim of being a Christian yourself, because I think it's clear to m ...[text shortened]... u just go over to the other thread and call Robbie a dick again.....and let your light shine. 🙂
Dive has never, to my knowledge, wavered from the declaration that he is a Christian. I therefore take him as such until he declares otherwise.

You have openly demonstrated that you struggle with your own faith and at times have been openly hostile to Christian teaching. It is therefore not unreasonable that people may challenge you about being a Christian, which is very different from challenging someone who has never reported to being anything other than Christian.

You would be at liberty to challenge me also if i suddenly announced i was a Christian, bearing in mind my previous rejection of Christian doctrine.

(Please note. When Robbie accuses Dive of not being a Christian he is just being a boofhead).

c

Moves
24 Apr 16

For someone who is now claiming you don't know whether you are a Christian or not, you seem to be quite able to tell whether someone else is or isn't, how is that?
Because in the general forum, when sonhouse had his personal attack, your Christian concern for him was...."Hey, looks like he has beer in the fridge".

A Christian does not take off his Christianity hat when he leaves this forum, then put on his a$shole hat to participate elsewhere.

I may not agree entirely with checkbaiter, sonship, kellyjay, josephw, robbie, yoctobyte, and others.......but when they post, it is usually with class and dignity. You never, ever, ever post with any class or dignity....just vengeful attacks Dive.

I don't mind pointing this out to you because of your relentless CLAIM that you are a Christian.....just stop it already and join Ghost in his buffets.

rc

Moves
24 Apr 16

because divegeester you seem less inclined to help people and instead seem simply content to put stumbling blocks before them

rc

Moves
24 Apr 16

Dive has never, to my knowledge, wavered from the declaration that he is a Christian. I therefore take him as such until he declares otherwise.

You have openly demonstrated that you struggle with your own faith and at times have been openly hostile to Christian teaching. It is therefore not unreasonable that people may challenge you about being a ...[text shortened]...

(Please note. When Robbie accuses Dive of not being a Christian he is just being a boofhead).
nah it used to be just boofheadery but now i really do have serious reservations.

c

Moves
24 Apr 16

You have openly demonstrated that you struggle with your own faith and at times have been openly hostile to Christian teaching. It is therefore not unreasonable that people may challenge you about being a ...[text shortened]...

Ghost, I have NOT said that I am a Christian in this thread. At least twice I have answered "I don't know". I have also admitted to wavering in my beliefs, but with all of my doubt about religion, I don't condemn myself.

I agree with you that Dive has NEVER wavered from saying that he is a Christian, and I have not accused him of that.

However, Dive NEVER acts or speaks as a Christian, and I'm not the only one who is saying it. You rarely speak ill of anyone Ghost, otherwise I would ask your opinion if you think Dive acts like a Christian. In a previous post that I made I said that you Ghost act more like a Christian than Dive does. Go figure.

I must note: If Dive had just given a Christian opinion about his views and beliefs of Jesus, this bull$hit would not be happening, instead he insists on attacking me, and I have been prodded and poked enough!!!

🙂 The smiley is to assure that I am stable, yet aggravated.

Moves
24 Apr 16

Ghost, I have NOT said that I am a Christian in this thread. At least twice I have answered "I don't know". I have also admitted to wavering in my beliefs, but with all of my doubt about religion, I don't condemn myself.

I agree with you that Dive has NEVER wavered from saying that he is a Christian, and I have not accused him of that.

However, Dive ...[text shortened]... een prodded and poked enough!!!

🙂 The smiley is to assure that I am stable, yet aggravated.
Not sure an emoticon is a reliable indicator of stability. A chap, quite insane, could easily post a smiley by accident while trying to sweep the brain eating spiders from his keyboard.

It's happened to me,...twice.