1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Apr '16 15:53
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I don't think so.

You'd just "blow it off" as a wacky dream or a "feeling" with no rational explanation, or maybe even just a drug "flashback". I don't really know you so I can't assume which of these it would be. Because after all, it couldn't be a message from God, because there is no God, right? Yay, logic wins, but you lose.

And so you'd totall ...[text shortened]... erstanding faith. But you'd still be safely ensconced in your belief that this is all there is.
    If God exists he would most likely give an important mission to an individual who had demonstrated free thinking and utilized the intellectual scrutiny instilled in him.

Let's face it, he'd give the mission to an atheist.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Apr '16 15:56
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    If God exists he would most likely give an important mission to an individual who had demonstrated free thinking and utilized the intellectual scrutiny instilled in him.

Let's face it, he'd give the mission to an atheist.
    Moses murdered a man, before the burning bush encounter.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Apr '16 16:001 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Moses murdered a man, before the burning bush encounter.
    Were you there sir? Did you report it to the authorities?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Apr '16 16:03
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Were you there? Did you report it to the authorities?
    Just commenting on the fact that God has given 'missions' to seemingly unlikely people. There is hope for all of us.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Apr '16 16:35
    Just commenting on the fact that God has given 'missions' to seemingly unlikely people. There is hope for all of us.
    Paul [then Saul] was persecuting and killing disciples of Christ by the dozens. Then Christ appeared to him and sent him off to preach.

God likes all kinds of people but those with a built in initiative, drive and ambition will get the most demanding missions.
  6. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    27 Apr '16 17:48
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Paul [then Saul] was persecuting and killing disciples of Christ by the dozens. Then Christ appeared to him and sent him off to preach.

God likes all kinds of people but those with a built in initiative, drive and ambition will get the most demanding missions.
    Raj, do you believe that Paul was a follower of Jesus and did what he was commanded to do or willed and preached what was correct?

I know you have in the past had a few back and forths with a few posters on works and grace. There is no doubt that faith without works (as the bible says) is dead, but I do not believe it is works that save us, at least this is my understanding. I would be interested to hear your rational on the following scriptures if you would. Forgive me if you have explained this already, I didn't want to go on a hunting expedition. Thanks

“And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.”

‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭2:1-10‬ ‭ESV‬‬
    http://bible.com/59/eph.2.1-10.esv
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Apr '16 18:13
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    Raj, do you believe that Paul was a follower of Jesus and did what he was commanded to do or willed and preached what was correct?

I know you have in the past had a few back and forths with a few posters on works and grace. There is no doubt that faith without works (as the bible says) is dead, but I do not believe it is works that save us, at least th ...[text shortened]... hat we should walk in them.”

‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭2:1-10‬ ‭ESV‬‬
    http://bible.com/59/eph.2.1-10.esv
    You dont believe that .... it is works that save us

And neither do I.

I quoted a few passages to you and you completely ignored me.

So Im going to have to return the favour.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Apr '16 18:32

And neither do I.

In your personal view Rajk999, if a person goes through his entire life without ever having heard of Jesus Christ, but is somehow able to follow the commands of Jesus even though he doesn't realize he is doing so......does that non-believer in Jesus go to Heaven?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Apr '16 18:361 edit
    In your personal view Rajk999, if a person goes through his entire life without ever having heard of Jesus Christ, but is somehow able to follow the commands of Jesus even though he doesn't realize he is doing so......does that non-believer in Jesus go to Heaven?
    I dont know about anyone going to heaven, since the Bible never said that they do..
    Good and righteous people are welcomed into the Kingdom of God.
    I quoted a passage from Matt 25 about this and you can read it and form your own opinion. I already gave my opinion.
    Please read my posts earlier.
  10. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    27 Apr '16 19:12

And neither do I.

I have ignored nothing that you have said, thus the question. I am asking because I am wondering, why are you so obstinate? Can you respond to my inquiry regarding Ephesians, or do you want to just let it go? It's an honest question..
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Apr '16 19:56
    I have ignored nothing that you have said, thus the question. I am asking because I am wondering, why are you so obstinate? Can you respond to my inquiry regarding Ephesians, or do you want to just let it go? It's an honest question..
    You have more than a few loose screws and there is no honesty in your questions.

Earlier you said .. Please tell me
    When I told you there was no response and instead another question about about who is the goats.
    This I answered again .. and again there was no response from you.

So .. take a hike. Go harass someone else.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Apr '16 20:01
    Rajk999, if I had said Kingdom of God, instead of Heaven in this question.....does this person go to the Kingdom of God?

You're a Christian (I think) and I'm just curious about your exclusion of belief in Jesus as a requirement to go to the Kingdom of God. You are quoting specific, isolated Bible verses....but many other verses describe Jesus as 'the way'. The only way.
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    27 Apr '16 20:06
    You have more than a few loose screws and there is no honesty in your questions.

Earlier you said .. Please tell me
    When I told you there was no response and instead another question about about who is the goats.
    This I answered again .. and again there was no response from you.

So .. take a hike. Go harass someone else.
    Well... I guess it is my mistake that I did not acknowledge your previous post before posting another... I was merely chewing on your answers. These forums are probably not the best place to have conversations, I apologize for any offense, none was intended.

Rest assured I will not ask another thing of you.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Apr '16 20:24
    Rajk999, if I had said Kingdom of God, instead of Heaven in this question.....does this person go to the Kingdom of God?

You're a Christian (I think) and I'm just curious about your exclusion of belief in Jesus as a requirement to go to the Kingdom of God. You are quoting specific, isolated Bible verses....but many other verses describe Jesus as 'the way'. The only way.
    There is no exclusion of Jesus Christ. All of mankind is saved by the blood of Christ. David and Solomon would not get into the Kingdom of God without the blood of Christ and yet they never professed their belief in Christ.

Do you think the Good Samaritan knew of Christ? No Samaritans knew of Christ at that time. Yet he was used as an example of a good neighbour who will get into the Kingdom of God.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Apr '16 20:26
    Well... I guess it is my mistake that I did not acknowledge your previous post before posting another... I was merely chewing on your answers. These forums are probably not the best place to have conversations, I apologize for any offense, none was intended.

Rest assured I will not ask another thing of you.
    Wrong .. lots of good conversations take place on these forums. You just have to know how to converse. You think this is an interrogation because my doctrine is contrary to yours.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree