Why do people think they have a soul?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jul 14
3 edits

Originally posted by Pudgenik
What character of the bible was born without a soul, during it's lifetime aquired a soul, and before death lost it again?
You should not ask sonhouse such a question, because he can not think for himself without a mind of his own. He is also not a reader of the Holy Bible.

The best he can do is to say, I don't respond to trolls.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
25 Jul 14

Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
Just for the record, Dasa, it would be good for you to give a clean yes/no answer to the question of whether the following things have a soul.

i) bacterium
ii) virus
iii) viroid
iv) prion
v) protein molecule
vi) a long strand of nucleic acid

If it is not getting too personal for you, let us know what science classes you have taken.
You are changing tactics to hide the fact that science is dishonest and does not know what life is.

Can you imagine that............That science doesn't have a clue to what life is.

Any life form no matter how small it is has the soul within.

Science cannot demonstrate that life is chemicals.

Therefore science is defeated............and also dishonest for teaching the innocent public falsity.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
25 Jul 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
You ended with universes, does that mean you believe in more than one universe? If so, how many does the vedas say there are?
The Vedas tell us that their are unlimited universes.

And after a period of time they are all destroyed..................but then they are all re-created and this goes on for eternity.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
25 Jul 14

Originally posted by galveston75
"Soul"

Definition: In the Bible, “soul” is translated from the Hebrew ne′phesh and the Greek psy·khe′. Bible usage shows the soul to be a person or an animal or the life that a person or an animal enjoys. To many persons, however, “soul” means the immaterial or spirit part of a human being that survives the death of the physical body. Others understa ...[text shortened]... se souls could not have been spirits.)

Sorry for the little faces, no idea what those are.
There is not such thing as soul and spirit.........but there is such a thing as soul or spirit.

Soul or spirit ...........they both are one and the same.

F

Moves
25 Jul 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
I think it is an understandable aspect of human nature for many people to describe their human identity and uniqueness as their "soul" just as it an understandable aspect of human nature for many people to think that only humans have this "soul" and that animals don't seeing as those people probably define their essential humanity ~ and set themselves apart from animals ~ in terms of the existence or possession of a "soul".

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Jul 14

Originally posted by FMF
I think it is an understandable aspect of human nature for many people to describe their human identity and uniqueness as their "soul" just as it an understandable aspect of human nature for many people to think that only humans have this "soul" and that animals don't seeing as those people probably define their essential humanity ~ and set themselves apart from animals ~ in terms of the existence or possession of a "soul".
But RJ just said some animals have souls according to his bible.

F

Moves
25 Jul 14

But RJ just said some animals have souls according to his bible.
But so what?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Jul 14

Originally posted by FMF
But so what?
Well, that contradicts the idea that what separates man from animals is we have this alleged soul.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Jul 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
There is no need for animals to convert to Christianity. Where did you get that crazy idea?
It's just that if an animal has a soul and the soul is immortal, what happens to that animal soul when it dies?

PDI

Moves
25 Jul 14

Originally posted by Dasa
Can you imagine that............That science doesn't have a clue to what life is.
So far it looks to me like maybe you don't have a clue as to what life is. I say that because you have evaded my question. Please prove me wrong.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Jul 14
2 edits

It's just that if an animal has a soul and the soul is immortal, what happens to that animal soul when it dies?
And fear not them that kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear Him that is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

(Matthew 10:28 KJV)

Although the soul may survive the death of the body, if the soul can be destroyed, then why should we think the soul is immortal?

I don't know what happens to animal souls.

rain

Moves
26 Jul 14

If animals have a soul, could we potentially eat them in the afterlife?

F

Moves
26 Jul 14

Well, that contradicts the idea that what separates man from animals is we have this alleged soul.
So what if something RJHinds says or believes contradicts something?

PDI

Moves
26 Jul 14

Originally posted by vivify
If animals have a soul, could we potentially eat them in the afterlife?
Imagine ordering "lamb chops with that heavenly port wine sauce" Up There.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Jul 14

Originally posted by FMF
So what if something RJHinds says or believes contradicts something?
Like EVILution and millions and billions of years of past history?