chess in paris

chess in paris

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
14 Sep 08

Hello,
I've recently arrived in Paris for my university studies and was wondering if anyone living in the city would like to meet up and play chess sometime. I have a small portable board which I could bring if necessary. I am not very good at chess, but enjoy playing in person whenever possble. If interested, post in the thread or send me a PM.
Thank you

Bonjour,
Je viens d'arriver a Paris pour mes etudes et je voudrais jouer aux echecs OTB si quelqu'un le veuille. J'ai un petit echiquier magnetique et je peux l'apporter au cas que ce soit necessaire.
Merci beaucoup

Ha

Moves
14 Sep 08

Interested !

I propose the café I. You don't need to bring your chessboard, the café is also a chess club. You can PM me for an appointment there.
Freedays evenings, there is a chess tournament (15 mn + 3 sec.), very nice ambiance.

About the café I and the tournaments: http://canalsaintmartin.blogspot.com

FL

Moves
14 Sep 08

The ex-president of the Chess Club of Central Paris, Eric Nardon, has recently joined my club in Oxford (and stolen my place on board 2 of the first team!). If you like I could ask him to give you information about chess in Paris, but he would probably know more about serious chess rather than coffee house stuff.

p

Moves
15 Sep 08

I want to play in Paris, that sounds like fun! Are the coffee shops mentioned in "The Immortal Game" still around?

v

Moves
15 Sep 08

there is still Cafe de Regence or something like this ? Isn't it famous ?