@metal-brainsaid The death count in the USA is exaggerated. The lock down measures have killed more people than SARS2. Some countries have it worse because of low selenium in their soil. China, for example.
You really should see a mental health professional.
Tournament starts now and ends next Sunday at 12pm uk time so everyone's got a week to get your entries in.
Same rules as last time;
- Any topics are allowed (but let's have some spooky ones)
- As many entries as you wish
- The winner is decided by thumbs up
In the event of a tie we will have joint winners
Thumbs down don't count
We had lots of great entries last time so good luck and let's see what you've got.
Birdsong in the morning
A purring cat on my lap
Walking along the lakeshore path through the small shy kangaroo family
A meeting between a curious calf and a small furry animal just outside my house
A rum'n'raisin icecream tub all to myself 😁
@ponderablesaid You are free to enumerate five things as often as you care to 😉
- Unexpected generosity
- Classic (B&W) movies
- Eking out a win from a desperate position against BigDogg
- Topping GoaD in the prose competition once in five years
- My 15-yr. old daughter showing me how to run WhatsApp
@suziannesaid So, where's the "sexism" hinted at in your thread title?
I guess you would need data on how many overweight hairy 40 year old Greek guys applied for the job, but what if they didn't even bother to apply due to their awareness of a culture of systemic sexism?
- Cuddling with my wife in front of the fireplace on chilly, rainy nights.
- My dog's enthusiasm to go walkies with me, even on chilly, rainy nights.
- Getting a new bicycle.
- Starting a book that's been on my to-read list for ages and really having the time to finish it.