1. e4
    Moves
    17 Apr '09 09:261 edit
    I forgot to mention this. it was a good game.

I bet it finds it's way into S.F.C II.

http://chessedinburgh.co.uk/chandlerarticle.php?ChandID=320

And now, by magic - Heinzcat will give you the game
  2. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    17 Apr '09 10:08
  3. Joined
    02 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '09 21:59
    Just noticed this post - thanks guys : )

This game featured in GM Jonathan Rowson's Sunday Herald column last Saturday up here in Scotland. We both missed lots of opportunities apparently, but I guess that's not so surprising in such an unusual position!?

Anyway, there's a free copy of Streetfighting Chess up for grabs for whoever comes up with the best reason for WHY I SACCED MY QUEEN in this game?

It doesn't have to be the true/real reason (I'll give that later), just the one I find most interesting/humorous
    I'll decide on Monday night at 7pm so get writing!

You can enter too Greenpawn, even though you've got a copy already : )
  4. Joined
    30 Mar '09
    Moves
    18 Apr '09 22:41
    Originally posted by streetfighter

This game featured in GM Jonathan Rowson's Sunday Herald column last Saturday up here in Scotland. We both missed lots of opportunities apparently, but I guess that's not so surprising in such an unusual position!?

[b] Anyway, there's a free copy of Streetfighting Chess up for grabs for whoever comes up wi ...[text shortened]... o get writing!

You can enter too Greenpawn, even though you've got a copy already : )
    Congrats.

I think you made the sac because the day before you made a drunk wager that you would sac your queen at move 18.
    That,or you forgot about the g-pawn 😛
  5. e4
    Moves
    18 Apr '09 23:06
    Hi SF.

I shall refrain as it would not be looked upon to well if I won.
    (I give you the brilliancy prize - you give me the book).

Plenty of guys on here will come up with some funny ideas I'm sure.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '09 23:20

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Seattle
    Moves
    18 Apr '09 23:20
    I was going to heroin...but after looking at the game a second time, I see how the King couldn't have gone anywhere else...otherwise you would have gotten his queen in return...from there it was clear that the h pawn would be all alone...not that I would have had the balls to play it
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '09 23:24

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '09 23:281 edit
    Wait a minute, I think I saw the queen sac on YouTube. It went something like this...

As you grabbed your queen to move her to safety, your opponent said "You better retreat you bl**d* bald w****r." At which point you took his bishop and bloodied his nose all in one motion.

It was really impressive for such an old man.

***I had a difficulty time getting this through the filter, hopefully my account doesn't get banned because of it****
  10. San Francisco, CA US
    Moves
    18 Apr '09 23:44
    Originally posted by streetfighter

[b] Anyway, there's a free copy of Streetfighting Chess up for grabs for whoever comes up with the best reason for WHY I SACCED MY QUEEN in this game?

It doesn't have to be the true/real reason (I'll give that later), just the one I find most interesting/humorous
    I'll decide on Monday night at 7pm so ...[text shortened]... eady : )[/b]

Because you failed to see Nxf6!

Shall I send you my mailing address in a PM?
  11. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    18 Apr '09 23:541 edit
    You sacked your queen because you didn't have the balls to play Nxe6 😉
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '09 23:542 edits
    Par,

I think you meant e6 and I looked at that for a while too, but I think no matter how you slice it, white ends up down in the exchange because the first take is a pawn. Every line I've looked at gives black the last take.
  13. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    19 Apr '09 00:01
    Nxe6 is definatly not losing. Rather it may even be winning instantly
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Apr '09 00:11
    After Nxe6

Qxc1

I just don't see a good way out for white after that. But hey, I'm not very good so I'm sure there's something else there that I'm not seeing.
  15. San Francisco, CA US
    Moves
    19 Apr '09 00:39
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Par,

I think you meant e6 and I looked at that for a while too, but I think no matter how you slice it, white ends up down in the exchange because the first take is a pawn. Every line I've looked at gives black the last take.
    Correct. Another example of why I will never be able to play blindfold chess.

I should have written, "Because you failed to see Nxe6!"

Being down a piece after the exchange is hardly the point. Being down a piece is better than being down a Q, ceteris paribus.

I guess I am now disqualified from winning the book and will have to buy it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree