1. Joined
    19 Feb '10
    Moves
    20 Feb '10 10:02
    I recently moved to brisbane well not recently about a year ago, And i've been searching for a local chess club with no real luck, There used to be one in ipswich which seems to have vanished of the face of the earth. So basically just seeking people in the area (ipswich) Who might be interested in getting a club going.
  2. Joined
    26 May '09
    Moves
    20 Feb '10 11:061 edit
    I live in Sydney, and as far as I can tell chess' popularity has not reached the 'land down under'.
  3. e4
    Moves
    20 Feb '10 14:56
    Brisbane Chess Club 7.00pm Thursdays
    Queensland Contract Bridge Club
    67 Ipswich Rd, Woolloongabba
    Patrick Byrom 07 3371 5870

Surely you googled 'Chess + Brisbane'

http://www.caq.org.au/htm/clubs.htm
  4. Joined
    19 Feb '10
    Moves
    20 Feb '10 22:33
    Yes i did, That one is a little difficult to get to and quite a distance away.
  5. e4
    Moves
    20 Feb '10 22:40
    To far away! What do want a chess club right next door.

You get the 23 bus to Kangaroo Korner, take the tube to Wonga Bonga,
    turn left at the statue of Don Bradman and it's downstairs in the Aussie Arms.

Tell Bluey I sent you.
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    21 Feb '10 13:00
    Originally posted by TacticalErrors
    I recently moved to brisbane well not recently about a year ago, And i've been searching for a local chess club with no real luck, There used to be one in ipswich which seems to have vanished of the face of the earth. So basically just seeking people in the area (ipswich) Who might be interested in getting a club going.
    Have a look through this list:
    http://thelocaltourist.com.au/seq/Organisations/Game_Play.htm

It gives a contact for Ipswich who may be able to tell you if it's still around. The other possibility here is Wacol which isn't TOO impossible from Ipswich.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree