1. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 22:232 edits
    I posted here because I wanted the analysis of mine in that thread to be on the subject I covered.

The play is not as thematic here, so I did not cover it.

I have played that variation with black in the past.

After 4.exd5 exd5

I think theory considers the position about even, but I prefer black's central control.

d4 by white would give black an isolated d pawn, but black gains a lot of time in the process.

After taking some losses in these variations for white and dabbling with black, I came to the conclusion that white should probably modify his move order against 2. ... e6.

1.e4 c5 2.Nc3 e6 3.f4 is one way to go.

Now, on 3. ... d5 white has 4.Bb5+ or 4.Nf3. This is a fine variation of the Grand Prix Attack for white.

I also have my own experimental move, although it may in fact be theory.
    I haven't looked it up.

That is 3.d3 !? .

The idea is to go into a typical Closed Sicilian or King's Indian Reversed without trading queens.

3. ... d5

is met by 4.Bd2!?

In this variation, white doesn't have to immediately give up his e4 pawn and give black the center.
    The position is objectively about even, but white still gets to play an imbalanced game with chances for the better player.

Edit: Occasionally, I will also play 1.e4 c5 2.Nc3 e6 3.Nf3, followed by d4.
    I get an Open Sicilian where I have avoided many of the main variations (Dragon,Najdorf,Acclerated Dragon, etc).
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 22:322 edits
    awe man, i gotta check this out! 'pure dead brilliant', as we Glaswegians are want to say, f4 looks uncompromising! very original idea with Bd2 perhaps aiming for a KIA of some kind 🙂
  3. Joined
    09 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 Sep '10 05:25
    Originally posted by paulbuchmanfromfics
    I posted here because I wanted the analysis of mine in that thread to be on the subject I covered.

The play is not as thematic here, so I did not cover it.

I have played that variation with black in the past.

[fen]rnbqkbnr/pp3ppp/4p3/2pp4/4P3/2N3P1/PPPP1P1P/R1BQKBNR[/fen]

After 4.exd5 exd5

[fen]rnbqkbnr/pp3ppp/8/2pp4/8/2N3P1/PPPP1P ...[text shortened]... an where I have avoided many of the main variations (Dragon,Najdorf,Acclerated Dragon, etc).
    3 d3 is a specialty of morozevich I believe and there is a video on this( I believe in the foxy video series

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree