1. Joined
    20 Nov '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 16:36
    Is there a way to scroll through the entire list of moves when in Analyze Board mode? When in that mode, I see a list of the white and black moves 1 through 11. There is a scroll bar that moves the entire Analyze Board window up and done and bit, but no scroll bar for the list of moves. Some have said that there are two scroll bars, but I don’t see two. Occasionally, by accident, there is a quick scrolling of the list, but it’s quick and not something I can control and getting there is by chance and not something I can repeat and it happens extremely rarely.

I've tried expanding the size of the Analyze Board window a lot, but do not see a scroll bar for the list. I’ve tried holding the mouse over the list, seeing a hand, and moving my finger up and down on the mouse. But it doesn’t enable me to scroll through the list. I’ve also moved the mouse to all points on the list, but a scroll bar for the list does not appear.
    Thanks.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 21:51
    Using a normal desktop with W7 and Firefox, I have no problem seeing a scroll bar which allows me to see all the moves. I also have a set of 4 buttons which I can use First-Prev-Next-Last.

If you say what device/system/browser you're using, someone else may be able to help.
  3. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    01 Oct '15 23:31
    If you see the scroll bar that moves the entire analyze board, then the move scroll bar is to the left of that. Maybe bump the resolution up as high as possible? QP's advice to post equipment/os is spot on.
  4. Joined
    20 Nov '08
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 09:092 edits
    I've been using Safari. I'd tried Chrome, with the same "no scrolling" results. I just tried FIrefox, and can make the scroll bar for the list appear with that (yipee! thanks!). But I'd really rather use Safari. As for resolution, I'm not familiar with that. Could I be using different resolutions with different browsers? I thought it's just a system preference set once. But .... now maybe it's my imagination... but I think the chess board, etc. takes up a little more of the screen when I'm in Firefox. Oh, also, I like the resolution I use for Safari for surfing the web, so wouldn't want to make any change unless it was specific only to Safari for the chess website.
  5. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    02 Oct '15 15:57
    Resolution is set for a computer session and can be changed as often as you please. In Firefox, right click on the desktop and choose 'display settings'. Other browsers have something similar.
  6. Joined
    20 Nov '08
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 03:151 edit
    I tried changing the resolution in Safari. It was at the highest resolution. I changed it to each of the two lower resolutions. Unfortunately, that didn't make the scroll bar appear for the list. One thing I noticed is that when I'm in Firefox and can see the scroll bar, unlike when I'm in Safari, there is no light blue line bordering the window. I wonder if that is related.
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    03 Oct '15 04:02
    Sounds as if the colour selection in Safari may be hiding the scroll bar. Try changing your board colours in your settings and see if it appears.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree