Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10118
    29 Feb '16 15:431 edit
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/28/politics/donald-trump-white-supremacists/index.html

    So Trump is asked to disavow David Duke and other racist groups but he will not. Instead, he says he needs a list and find out what they are about before disavowing them.

    Translation: I know all about groups like KKK but hell if I'm going to flush their votes down the toilet by disavowing them.

    But on the other side of the coin, why was Obama never asked to disavow groups like the Black Panthers and other racist hating groups who supported him publically?
  2. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    29 Feb '16 16:15
    Originally posted by whodey
    But on the other side of the coin, why was Obama never asked to disavow groups like the Black Panthers and other racist hating groups who supported him publically?
    Maybe he was and he did but nobody paid any attention because he did.
    The LastWeek Tonight clip demonstrates that Trump does actually know who David Duke is.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    29 Feb '16 16:352 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/28/politics/donald-trump-white-supremacists/index.html

    So Trump is asked to disavow David Duke and other racist groups but he will not. Instead, he says he needs a list and find out what they are about before disavowing them.

    Translation: I know all about groups like KKK but hell if I'm going to flush their votes down the to ...[text shortened]... avow groups like the Black Panthers and other racist hating groups who supported him publically?
    He was questioned ad infinitum about Rev. Wright, and he did eventually have to hold a press conference to throw Wright under the bus.

    Trump is trying to have his cake and eat it too. He wants the primary votes from the Nazi wing of the Republican party but he wants to maintain plausible deniability. So, he's pretending not to know who Duke is; a claim that ought to annoy a half-educated child of 10, but which can allow him to skate through Super Tuesday.

    After Super Tuesday, when the Nazi wing exercises its most important influence (they hold more sway in southern Republican primaries than in other GOP primary states or in any general election), he'll probably claim to have read up on Duke and then renounce him.

    If he does this, then I'll look at this maneuver as a soulless politician maneuver, but not necessarily so malignant.

    If he still refuses to renounce Duke after Super Tuesday, then I'll really be nervous.
  4. Account suspended
    Joined
    02 Jan '15
    Moves
    10189
    29 Feb '16 16:53
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/28/politics/donald-trump-white-supremacists/index.html

    So Trump is asked to disavow David Duke and other racist groups but he will not. Instead, he says he needs a list and find out what they are about before disavowing them.
    Why is that a problem for you?
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9781
    29 Feb '16 16:58
    Originally posted by whodey
    But on the other side of the coin, why was Obama never asked to disavow groups like the Black Panthers and other racist hating groups who supported him publically?[/b]
    Maybe because the Panthers don't have a history of killing and lynching like the KKK?
  6. Account suspended
    Joined
    02 Jan '15
    Moves
    10189
    29 Feb '16 17:06
    Originally posted by vivify
    Maybe because the Panthers don't have a history of killing and lynching like the KKK?
    Black Panthers got a long history of violent crime and murder what are you, from some alternate universe?
    How many lynchings by the KKK are you referring to? Got some documentation?
  7. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y3ngvdp2
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    29 Feb '16 17:10
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/28/politics/donald-trump-white-supremacists/index.html

    So Trump is asked to disavow David Duke and other racist groups but he will not. Instead, he says he needs a list and find out what they are about before disavowing them.

    Translation: I know all about groups like KKK but hell if I'm going to flush their votes down the to ...[text shortened]... avow groups like the Black Panthers and other racist hating groups who supported him publically?
    Farrakhan did not openly endorse Obama because he didn't want his reputation to cause Obana problems.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9781
    29 Feb '16 17:33
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Black Panthers got a long history of violent crime and murder what are you, from some alternate universe?
    How many lynchings by the KKK are you referring to? Got some documentation?
    Thread 167717
  9. The Catbird's Seat
    Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    2598
    01 Mar '16 01:01
    Originally posted by vivify
    Thread 167717
    Threads on this forum don't constitute "documentation. Anyone can say anything here. Just read some of the garbage posted.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    01 Mar '16 11:40
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Why is that a problem for you?
    someone who doesn't declare outright that a kkk member is a bad human being is not a problem for you?
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    01 Mar '16 12:19
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52866
    01 Mar '16 12:301 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    someone who doesn't declare outright that a kkk member is a bad human being is not a problem for you?
    Well, since it appears fish is card carrying member of the KKK, it stands to reason he would not dis them. If not actually KKK, a sympathizer.
  13. Account suspended
    Joined
    02 Jan '15
    Moves
    10189
    01 Mar '16 14:16
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    someone who doesn't declare outright that a kkk member is a bad human being is not a problem for you?
    That's not what he was asked
  14. The Catbird's Seat
    Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    2598
    01 Mar '16 15:56
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well, since it appears fish is card carrying member of the KKK, it stands to reason he would not dis them. If not actually KKK, a sympathizer.
    There are plenty of extremist groups around. I don't particularly care for any of them, but I'll not be forced to explicitly talk down one group or another. There are plenty of left wing groups as disgusting as the KKK. Keeping silent is not an endorsement.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    01 Mar '16 20:48
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    That's not what he was asked
    that's exactly what he was asked.

    "will you declare right now that you are not interested in the vote of a white supremacist?"
    "i don't know who those people are"
    "they are white supremacists"

    what do you think was the reason why that news anchor asked trump to declare he doesn't want white supremacists votes? could it be he was jealous of kkk clansmen's famous apple pie recipe?
Back to Top