1. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    12 Apr '08 22:47
    There's a way to know how many days are left in my opponent vacation flag?
    Obviously I'm playing someone who moves everyday but always with the VF up to avoid timeouts and after a couple of months I'm getting sick about it...........

(the old way was waaaay better..........)
  2. Standard memberP3ri
    Cute & Lethal
    Moves
    13 Apr '08 00:38
    As far as I know only person who knows that is the holiday taker.

My suggestion is: subscribe and have your own 36 days time-out free time per year. You also get unlimited concurrent games... 😀
  3. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    13 Apr '08 01:44
    Dude, I was a long time subscriber until January........
  4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    13 Apr '08 05:55
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Dude, I was a long time subscriber until January........
    And as a long time subscriber you ask a question about vacation flags? This topic has been beaten to death over and over again in the forums. The V flag is a device intended to drive non-subs crazy.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Apr '08 16:57
    Many people don't bother with the forums, not everyone always knows what is going on, myself included.
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '08 17:07
    Originally posted by P3ri

My suggestion is: subscribe and have your own 36 days time-out free time per year. You also get unlimited concurrent games... 😀
    My [BETTER] suggestion is to avoid playing subscribers unless you know you can trust them to play fairly. [ie, without using the mongin vacation system]
    Worked for me in the past.
  7. Standard memberP3ri
    Cute & Lethal
    Moves
    13 Apr '08 17:121 edit
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    My [BETTER] suggestion is to avoid playing subscribers unless you know you can trust them to play fairly.
    Using our right to take vacation days when we need them is unfair? Interesting viewpoint. 😀

"Everyone is guilty until proven innocent." 😉
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '08 17:35
    Originally posted by P3ri
    Using our right to take vacation days when we need them is unfair? Interesting viewpoint. 😀

"Everyone is guilty until proven innocent." 😉
    It IS an advantage to be able to extend your timebank when your opponents timebank is fixed, surely.
    The only sure way to avoid it, is to avoid the users of the system.
  9. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    13 Apr '08 17:56
    Originally posted by coquette
    And as a long time subscriber you ask a question about vacation flags? This topic has been beaten to death over and over again in the forums. The V flag is a device intended to drive non-subs crazy.
    Dear coquette (uh, what an appropriate username..) as someone wrote, I didn't bothered much with forums in the last year and I never used the Vacation Flag so I asked here (oddly enough, this forum is called Help forum)😲

I don't know when this system was implemented, I used to know that there was no immunity from timeouts with the old VF and didn't know the 36 days thing.

sorry if I bothered you so much, I hope you still slept after this so annoyning question.

The vacation flag was already silly when people used to put it on for weekends because they couldn't play from work, if possible now it's become even more silly.

Now I know that all I have to do is waiting for the unfair guy to end his days of immunity, thanks folks, that's all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree