1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 May '14 16:50
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    It's almost like a death panel or something.
    Exactly like a death panel. Nice to see that liberals can only say that with insurance companies you have the option to join companies that have death panels or companies that do their job well.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 May '14 17:02
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Rubbish. He is not losing money by retiring a few months early. The pension pot is still there I am confident.

All the rest is hot air. Not worth the time...
    Yes, it looks like he gets to keep his money. He gets to avoid investigation and keep his money. A great way to live your life. Since he was running a government death panel, I suppose you think he was doing a great job and deserves his 6 figure retirement. People like you are truly demented.
  3. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    19 May '14 17:021 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    In the interest of sparking a debate, I would like to say that death is bad.
    Yeah, except for the unborn right?

Debate sparked! Thread hijacked! Woe to all.

EDIT: Never mind. I don't have the energy.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    19 May '14 17:19
    Yeah, except for the unborn right?

Debate sparked! Thread hijacked! Woe to all.

EDIT: Never mind. I don't have the energy.
    Except for the unborn. And Oasis fans.
  5. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    19 May '14 17:32
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Except for the unborn. And Oasis fans.
    Well I don't agree on the first part, but on the second . . . definitely maybe.
  6. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    19 May '14 18:19
    Well no, not really. The veterans CNN has been reporting on waited for months and months just to get an appointment for a diagnostic test like an endoscopy. I could probably get that procedure in the next week or two if my doctor said I needed it.

Now I suppose if the test came back positive and I needed care the insurance company could try to ...[text shortened]... because I was able to get the appointment, because I was not on a secret government death list.
    So why don't these veterans have their own health insurance instead of being dependent on government help?
  7. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    19 May '14 18:34
    So why don't these veterans have their own health insurance instead of being dependent on government help?
    Misplaced trust, perhaps?

But that is beside the point, which is that this is an illustration of why we should not trust government to run health care.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    19 May '14 18:49

But that is beside the point, which is that this is an illustration of why we should not trust government to run health care.
    Indeed, we should only trust governments to do things they do flawlessly.
  9. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    19 May '14 19:091 edit

Rubbish. It is firstly a scare story that is almost certainly FALSE and absolutely certainly not yet established.

Secondly, it is evidence that government services have to be properly funded if they are to meet their objectives. The US has a neat trick of refusing to support services like this, then displaying shock and amazement when they fall short of expectations.

If you want flawless public services that are beyond reproach, then stop insulting the providers at every turn and start funding them properly.

The neoliberals in England are pulling a comparable stunt - refusing proper funding, interfering to disrupt service provision, enabling profiteering by their pals at the expense of the public service, then staring at the ceiling as they bemoan failings in the service they have just sabotaged.
  10. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    19 May '14 19:26
    Rubbish. It is firstly a scare story that is almost certainly FALSE and absolutely certainly not yet established.

Secondly, it is evidence that government services have to be properly funded if they are to meet their objectives. The US has a neat trick of refusing to support services like this, then displaying shock and amazement when they fall short of ...[text shortened]... eyond reproach, then stop insulting the providers at every turn and start funding them properly.
    How do you go from posting a link where CNN cites "several sources within the VA" that support Dr. Foote's claim, and many corroborating interviews with veterans and their families to "almost certainly FALSE?" Wishful thinking.

"Secondly, it is evidence that government services have to be properly funded if they are to meet their objectives."

A truism. Big deal. Improper funding does not excuse 40 dead and a coverup.
  11. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    19 May '14 19:341 edit

Secondly, it is evidence that government services have to be properly funded if they are to meet their objectives. The US has a neat trick of refusing to support services like this, then displaying shock and amazement when they fall short of ...[text shortened]... ce, then staring at the ceiling as they bemoan failings in the service they have just sabotaged.
    To your edit:

"The neoliberals in England are pulling a comparable stunt - refusing proper funding, interfering to disrupt service provision, enabling profiteering by their pals at the expense of the public service, then staring at the ceiling as they bemoan failings in the service they have just sabotaged."

Yeah, governments are corrupt. Another illustration of why we should not entrust them with our healthcare.
  12. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    19 May '14 19:39
    To your edit:

"The neoliberals in England are pulling a comparable stunt - refusing proper funding, interfering to disrupt service provision, enabling profiteering by their pals at the expense of the public service, then staring at the ceiling as they bemoan failings in the service they have just sabotaged."

Yeah, governments are corrupt. Another illustration of why we should not entrust them with our healthcare.
    No. Another reminder of what you get when you elect into government right wing twats with corporate sponsors.
  13. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    19 May '14 19:40
    How do you go from posting a link where CNN cites "several sources within the VA" that support Dr. Foote's claim, and many corroborating interviews with veterans and their families to "almost certainly FALSE?" Wishful thinking.

"Secondly, it is evidence that government services have to be properly funded if they are to meet their objectives."

A truism. Big deal. Improper funding does not excuse 40 dead and a coverup.
    By reading the material and using some critical faculties instead of searching wilfully for material to feed my paranoia.
  14. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    19 May '14 19:54
    No. Another reminder of what you get when you elect into government right wing twats with corporate sponsors.
    ALL politicians have corporate sponsors, and they are all for sale.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 May '14 02:27
    ALL politicians have corporate sponsors, and they are all for sale.
    I believe the term you are looking for is whore.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree