40 veterens die waiting for health care

40 veterens die waiting for health care

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
20 May 14

Originally posted by whodey
Like I said, thank God for the CBS evening news. The man has to get his news from somewhere because no one seems to be informing him of much.
yes perhaps he should make a tin foil hat.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
20 May 14

Like I said, thank God for the CBS evening news. The man has to get his news from somewhere because no one seems to be informing him of much.
Since the news people are apparently inventing the news as they go along, then before they invent it, nobody can know. This is still a scare story and not close to being proven. It is just so easy to get you guys running around like Henny Penny "the sky is falling down"

One day Henny Penny was scratching in the farmyard looking for something good to eat when, suddenly, something hit her on the head. “My goodness me!” she said. “The sky must be falling down. I must go and tell the king.”

She had not gone far when she met her friend Cocky Locky.

“Where are you going in such a hurry?” he called out. “I am going to tell the king that

the sky is falling down,” said Henny Penny.

“I will come with you,” said Cocky Locky.

So Henny Penny and Cocky Locky hurried along together towards the king’s palace. On the way they saw Ducky Lucky swimming on the pond.

“Where are you going?” he called out.

“We are going to tell the king the sky is falling down,” replied Henny Penny. “We must go quickly, as there is no time to lose.”

“I will come with you,” said Ducky Lucky, shaking the water off his feathers.

So Henny Penny, Cocky Locky and Ducky Lucky hurried on together towards the king’s palace. On the way they met Goosey Loosey, who called out, “Where are you all going in such a hurry?”

“We are on our way to tell the king the sky is falling down,” said Henny Penny.

Find out what happened here:
http://www.childrenstory.info/children-stories/folklore/henny-penny/

rc

Moves
20 May 14

Originally posted by finnegan
Since the news people are apparently inventing the news as they go along, then before they invent it, nobody can know. This is still a scare story and not close to being proven. It is just so easy to get you guys running around like Henny Penny "the sky is falling down"

[quote]One day Henny Penny was scratching in the farmyard looking for something good ...[text shortened]... d out what happened here:
http://www.childrenstory.info/children-stories/folklore/henny-penny/
LOL too funny, don't like the news, grow your own.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
20 May 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
LOL too funny, don't like the news, grow your own.
Pretty funny, but not so funny if you are one of the guys that thought he had treatment coming, and was put on a "to die" list.

w

Moves
20 May 14

Originally posted by normbenign
Pretty funny, but not so funny if you are one of the guys that thought he had treatment coming, and was put on a "to die" list.
But these guys are the scum of the earth. You know, the Iraqi baby killers.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
20 May 14

But these guys are the scum of the earth. You know, the Iraqi baby killers.
You know, we have a volunteer military, and people in the future may just choose not to volunteer, unless they get this stuff right.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
20 May 14

This is the "to die" list in your fantasy and the imaginary "to die list" that the American media enjoy trotting out when they need to manufacture more frothing hysteria. When will you people start (even start) to think critically? When will you cease to be such a predictable, knee-jerk, puppet-on-a-string rent-a-mob?

E

Moves
20 May 14
1 edit

This is the "to die" list in your fantasy and the imaginary "to die list" that the American media enjoy trotting out when they need to manufacture more frothing hysteria. When will you people start (even start) to think critically? When will you cease to be such a predictable, knee-jerk, puppet-on-a-string rent-a-mob?
Exactly! It isn't a 'to die list', it is a "too expensive to treat so just let nature run its course list'.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
20 May 14

You just have a different fantasy. When did the fantasy of millions of uninsured dying stop you and leftist media from trotting out the possible deaths, when in most cases it was about not getting free flu shots and annual physicals.

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
21 May 14

I think you're missing something. I don't think anyone believes people were placed on the list so that they would die. We just believe it's likely they died because they were placed on the list. They were placed on the list due the normal inefficiency, ineptitude, eventual corruption, and lack of accountability that infects government programs. The people running the program didn't set out to do evil even if the result is indistinguishable.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
21 May 14

Originally posted by Sleepyguy
I think you're missing something. I don't think anyone believes people were placed on the list so that they would die. We just believe it's likely they died because they were placed on the list. They were placed on the list due the normal inefficiency, ineptitude, eventual corruption, and lack of accountability that infects government programs. The people running the program didn't set out to do evil even if the result is indistinguishable.
I partly agree with "due the normal inefficiency, ineptitude, eventual corruption, and lack of accountability that infects government programs."

The other half of this is leaving people on lists that will never get treatment is their method of rationing. It doesn't always lead to death, but a patient that dies no longer needs treatment.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
22 May 14

I partly agree with "due the normal inefficiency, ineptitude, eventual corruption, and lack of accountability that infects government programs."

The other half of this is leaving people on lists that will never get treatment is their method of rationing. It doesn't always lead to death, but a patient that dies no longer needs treatment.
"Rationing" arises when insufficient resources are made available to meet the need. That is one debate but not this debate. This debate alleges that there was a secret plot to leave veterans to die. Instead, the evidence within the CNN news item includes this contrary assertion: "So it actually improved the probability of these veterans getting an appointment sooner." That could be read to describe a public service manager seeking to provide an improved service compared with what previously was offered.

The evasiveness of your post and the previous one is just grubby. Stop trying to defend and sustain a sensationalist piece of scaremongering.

D

Moves
22 May 14
1 edit

w

Moves
22 May 14

You know, we have a volunteer military, and people in the future may just choose not to volunteer, unless they get this stuff right.
That's why they have a draft silly.

What Progressives can't convince you to do they force you to do.

w

Moves
22 May 14
2 edits

Originally posted by Sleepyguy
I would not be so certain of that if I were you.

Here is what one of Obama's goons said about the future of health care before Obamacare came to be.

Essentially he said that if politicians were to tell you the truth, they would not become elected. Why is that? That is because the young and healthy were going to have to pay much more for health care. But the most sadistic part is that the aged and dying were simply not going to be treated.

I'm guessing the veterans in question were aged and dying as well.

Robert Reich gave this speech at the university of Berkley. It is somewhat surprising how candid and proud he is of this crap.

Progressives are mentally ill. In the interim, they will probably spend another trillion on a war in Syria while bitching about how much it costs to keep us all alive.

Who knew Sarah Palin was right about death panels, just like predicting Russia would invade the Crimea.