Al Sharpton rips the campus rioters

Al Sharpton rips the campus rioters

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
13d
2 edits

@no1marauder said
" More than 300 people have been charged with assaulting, resisting, or impeding officers, including more than 100 who have been charged with using a deadly or dangerous weapon or causing serious bodily injury."

https://apnews.com/article/jan-6-capitol-riot-sentencing-police-officers-assault-3a20eadafe19c70c3bb36e20de105013
Like a gun to shoot an unarmed person point blank, throwing flashbangs which have the potential to blow your hand off into a close packed crowd, prying the fingers of a protestor literally clinging for life on the outside of a railing and beating an unconscious woman on the ground 3 times (not 'several' whatever that means).

I look forward to it.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13d

@wajoma said
Like a gun to shoot an unarmed person point blank, throwing flashbangs which have the potential to blow your hand off into a close packed crowd, prying the fingers of a protestor literally clinging for life on the outside of a railing and beating an unconscious woman on the ground 3 times.

I look forward to it.
We know you have a fantasy, Dream World version where an innocent group of tourists just wanted to amble around the Capitol taking selfies but the vicious police brutally attacked them without reason.

Nothing seems to be able to bring you back to reality, so I won't even try. The police reaction on January 6, 2021 was exceedingly mild given the actions of the insurrectionists in stark contrast to how the disorders occasioned by the police murder of George Floyd and others was handled.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
13d
2 edits

@no1marauder said
We know you have a fantasy, Dream World version where an innocent group of tourists just wanted to amble around the Capitol taking selfies but the vicious police brutally attacked them without reason.

Nothing seems to be able to bring you back to reality, so I won't even try. The police reaction on January 6, 2021 was exceedingly mild given the actions of the insurrect ...[text shortened]... ontrast to how the disorders occasioned by the police murder of George Floyd and others was handled.
No1 said:

"...but the vicious police brutally attacked them without reason."

In some cases, not all, yes?

It seems I can look at the situation more realistically than you and acknowledge there were idiots on both sides.

Your fanatical state worship has blinded you.

Shooting an unarmed person is 'exceedingly mild' as an example. I've heard ex-police (those that can speak out) denounce Byrds trigger happy killing of Babbitt.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13d
2 edits

@wajoma said
No1 said:

It seems I can look at the situation more realistically than you and acknowledge there were idiots on both sides.

Shooting an unarmed person is 'exceedingly mild' as an example. I've heard ex-police (those that can speak out) denounce Byrds trigger happy killing of Babbitt.
I have no doubt that some police used excessive force on January 6, 2021 in response to the insurrectionists violent attacks on them.

The shooting of Babbitt wasn't an example of it though. She was leading a hyper violent group which was within a short corridor of dozens of members of Congress and their staff huddled in fear. The use of deadly force was justified under those circumstances. https://www.nbcnews.com/video/capitol-shooting-that-led-to-ashli-babbitt-s-death-captured-on-video-99180613572

https://wjla.com/news/local/graphic-fatal-shooting-of-ashli-babbitt-in-the-capitol-caught-on-video

Again, maybe sh76, Mott, you or someone else can show me pictures of the protesters at the recent events on campus acting like the people in these videos.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13d

@wajoma said
No1 said:

Hilariously, this "State worshipper" actually was tear gassed and had a Boston police officer on horseback swing a baton at him during a peaceful demonstration in favor of school desegregation in the early 1970s.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
13d

@no1marauder said

Nothing seems to be able to bring you back to reality, so I won't even try. The police reaction on January 6, 2021 was exceedingly mild given the actions of the insurrect ...[text shortened]... ontrast to how the disorders occasioned by the police murder of George Floyd and others was handled.
And here's another angle to consider, another unpopular opinion.

Disregarding, for now, the mis-use of flashbangs, let's consider the use of pepper spray as provocation. Pepper spray is temporary, it temporarily disorientates, the intention is to disorientate, it blinds, it causes great pain, and it is during that temporary window the person being sprayed needs to be cuffed and further restrained because when they come out the other side, still disorientated i.e. not being in full rational control, the intention of the CS spray. they are going to be very, very, angry, provoked to anger. I would say justifiably angry regardless the circumstance of them being sprayed there's going to be a short circuit that misses out the 'why have I been pepper sprayed' and go straight to retaliation. I would say retaliation in such cases, right or wrong, it is understandable, because the persons ability to reason has been diminished by the pepper spray which was the purpose of the spray.

A vicious circle stirred and exponentially spun by the cops.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
13d

@no1marauder said
I have no doubt that some police used excessive force on January 6, 2021 in response to the insurrectionists violent attacks on them.

The shooting of Babbitt wasn't an example of it though. She was leading a hyper violent group which was within a short corridor of dozens of members of Congress and their staff huddled in fear. The use of deadly force was justified unde ...[text shortened]... me pictures of the protesters at the recent events on campus acting like the people in these videos.
lol 'hyper violent', well it would be lol except for your reveling in the shooting death of an unarmed person.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13d

@wajoma said
lol 'hyper violent', well it would be lol except for your reveling in the shooting death of an unarmed person.
No one is "reveling" in it. Just showing that the shooting was legally justified under the extreme circumstances presented to the officer.

Violent mobs can kill even if they aren't armed (though many of the insurrectionists were).

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13d

@wajoma said
And here's another angle to consider, another unpopular opinion.

Disregarding, for now, the mis-use of flashbangs, let's consider the use of pepper spray as provocation. Pepper spray is temporary, it temporarily disorientates, the intention is to disorientate, it blinds, it causes great pain, and it is during that temporary window the person being sprayed needs to b ...[text shortened]... hich was the purpose of the spray.

A vicious circle stirred and exponentially spun by the cops.
Good fairy tale.

In this case, the insurrectionists were the ones who triggered the violence by attacking police lines in an, ultimately successful, attempt to break into the Capitol. And a number used chemical agents like bear and pepper spray against law enforcement. https://www.npr.org/2021/03/19/977879589/yes-capitol-rioters-were-armed-here-are-the-weapons-prosecutors-say-they-used

w

Moves
13d

@wajoma said
She was trying to break a barricaded door that separated the raging mobsters from Congress members. Officers were correct to put an end to that. It's not reveling, it was tragic.

Have you been radicalized wajoma?

Moves
13d

@wildgrass said
She was trying to break a barricaded door that separated the raging mobsters from Congress members. Officers were correct to put an end to that. It's not reveling, it was tragic.

Have you been radicalized wajoma?
what was an unarmed woman climbing through a window going to do?

Moves
13d
1 edit

@no1marauder said
Good fairy tale.

In this case, the insurrectionists were the ones who triggered the violence by attacking police lines in an, ultimately successful, attempt to break into the Capitol. And a number used chemical agents like bear and pepper spray against law enforcement. https://www.npr.org/2021/03/19/977879589/yes-capitol-rioters-were-armed-here-are-the-weapons-prosecutors-say-they-used
your 'fairytakle" is true...this whole thing was a setup...no amout of your shytweaseling will change that...

turns out they didnt need to use the piope bomb angle so they cover that up with no idea who it was

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13d

@mott-the-hoople said
what was an unarmed woman climbing through a window going to do?
What was a violent mob going to do if it had reached members of Congress and their staff a short distance away?

The officer decided that was not a risk he was willing to accept and his decision was correct under the laws regarding self-defense and defense of others.

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
13d

The 6th of january posters were inbred rednecks dressed up like fukking buffalos, the student protesters were spotty D&D players dressed up as Harry fukking Potter and Gandalf.

Please. Bunch of whining right-wing maggots.

Told it once, told it 100x: if you’re gonna storm the seat of government, make sure you’re gonna win. Otherwise it won’t end well.

Students occupying campus buildings… good grief. Get some fukking perspective.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13d

@mott-the-hoople said
your 'fairytakle" is true...this whole thing was a setup...no amout of your shytweaseling will change that...

turns out they didnt need to use the piope bomb angle so they cover that up with no idea who it was
It was "setup" by Donald Trump.