Caitlin Clark

Caitlin Clark

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
37d

@fartacus said
@wildgrass

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/college-athletics-organization-bans-trans-athletes-participating-womens-sports
The NAIA has no knowledge of transgender athletes competing in its postseasons...

In other words, they are banning zero people from high level competitions in women's sports. The issue is made up by conservative media to get you boneheads to click on it. NAIA is placating the masses with a solution to a non-existent problem.

Moves
37d
1 edit

@wildgrass

So... nothing of the sort has ever happened anywhere?

You think elite level makes a difference?

w

Moves
37d

@fartacus said
@wildgrass

So... nothing of the sort has ever happened anywhere?

You think elite level makes a difference?
No it happened before.... in the movie juwanna mann from 2001.

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
37d

@fartacus said
@wildgrass

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/college-athletics-organization-bans-trans-athletes-participating-womens-sports
Fox news. Right-wing.

It’s like toilets and showers: a tiny issue which affects nearly no one, blown out of all proportions. Scare mongering.

On one hand the right-wing press is screaming: “Woman’s rights! What’s going to happen to female sports! Not on!”
And on the other hand: Let’s take away woman’s rights to their own bodies.

It’s like pro-lifers being pro-death penalty.
For anyone not in the US, it’s completely absurd. The alt-right and their opinions are completely off-field on so many subjects it’s like watching a scared and bitter version of Monty Python whilst eating magic mushrooms.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
36d

@fartacus said
The joke was those WNBA women are built like men.

Get a clue will ya?
Not a very funny "joke", is it?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
36d

@shavixmir said
Fox news. Right-wing.

It’s like toilets and showers: a tiny issue which affects nearly no one, blown out of all proportions. Scare mongering.

On one hand the right-wing press is screaming: “Woman’s rights! What’s going to happen to female sports! Not on!”
And on the other hand: Let’s take away woman’s rights to their own bodies.

It’s like pro-lifers being pro-dea ...[text shortened]... bjects it’s like watching a scared and bitter version of Monty Python whilst eating magic mushrooms.
Yep, and yep.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
36d

@mott-the-hoople said
how do you think clark would do against a men’s team?
Who cares?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
36d

@fartacus said
She'll find out when she is in the WNBA 🤣
What do you think the W in WNBA stands for?

Jackass.

Moves
36d

@suzianne said
What do you think the W in WNBA stands for?

Jackass.
W stands for Weak.

Moves
36d

@suzianne said
Not a very funny "joke", is it?
I'm still giggling 😁

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
36d

@fartacus said
W stands for Weak.
I found the women's NCAA final VERY entertaining - as much as the men's.

There were fewer foul calls, the action moved right along. There were lead changes, and those ladies shot the LIGHTS out of the basket! You could sense when SC got a grip on the strategy they needed to win - dogging Clark. Despite her dishing off beautifully, it wasn't enough. Her passing and shooting reminded of Larry Bird, TBH.

Incredible. Delightful! I liked it better than the Purdue-UConn game, although that was also pretty good (and I went to Purdue so I was invested!)

My brother-in-law and his buddy were equally enthralled. So I would not look off women's basketball any time soon. It's objectively really good.