1. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 05:32
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Got ya stumped, eh? Okay then, this might help un-stump you...

If I'm reading you and a few others here correctly you are saying individuals have rights. Fair enough, but groups of individuals forming nations (with their own particular identity and culture) also have rights, the most important being the right for them to exist as a nation.
    If the Fren ...[text shortened]... ational identity where they live and call home?
    Whose will (bias) prevails in your home?
    I meant to say province (as in jurisdictional authority) and not 'providence'.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 06:14
    Got ya stumped, eh? Okay then, this might help un-stump you...

If I'm reading you and a few others here correctly you are saying individuals have rights. Fair enough, but groups of individuals forming nations (with their own particular identity and culture) also have rights, the most important being the right for them to exist as a nation.
    If the Fren ...[text shortened]... ational identity where they live and call home?
    Whose will (bias) prevails in your home?
    Sorry I'm not on this Forum 24 hours a day.

What you say is true to a certain extent, but France has already allowed these people to become French citizens. Therefore, it's a bit late to claim you can discriminate against them because they don't fit some national identity that you now want to enforce.
  3. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 07:121 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder

What you say is true to a certain extent, but France has already allowed these people to become French citizens. Therefore, it's a bit late to claim you can discriminate against them because they don't fit some national identity that you now want to enforce.
    If they are French citizens then why do they stand out as being Muslim? Are the Muslims doing anything that identifies them as belonging to Islam? Are Islamic terrorists not Muslims?

Do you think the French are stupid? Or maybe some French Muslims are naïve in thinking the French do not associate Islamic terrorism with Islam.

I think perhaps they do, no?
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 07:15
    If they are French citizens then why do they stand out as being Muslim? Are the Muslims doing anything that identifies them as belonging to Islam? Are Islamic terrorists not Muslims?

Do you think the French are stupid? Or maybe some French Muslims are naïve in thinking the French do not associate Islamic terrorism with Islam.

I think perhaps they do, no?
    Since when can't free people identify themselves as whatever they want?

You seem to desire a tyranny.
  5. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 07:20

What do you mean that I want to enforce? That doesn't make any sense. It's up to the French for making and enforcing their laws, not me. I am not French, nor do I live in France.
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 07:22
    Since when can't free people identify themselves as whatever they want?

You seem to desire a tyranny.
    Whatever floats your head.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 07:22
    What do you mean that I want to enforce? That doesn't make any sense. It's up to the French for making and enforcing their laws, not me. I am not French, nor do I live in France.
    Don't weasel; you adopted a position supportive of discriminatory laws against French Muslims. If you are really so unconcerned about these issues, you wouldn't be posting in this thread.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 08:051 edit
    Why is her opinion more "biased" than yours?
    because she is a Muslim and personally involved with the issue, I am merely an observer.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 08:111 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I do not dispute it, I am merely content to mock its absurdity. We are not living in Victorian England and to attempt to dredge some piece of attire up from the past and use it to politicise your stance deserves to be mocked. Furthermore her perspective is intellectually dishonest because she is attempting to distance Islam from the garb when in reality the burkini was specifically designed for Muslims, to adhere to Islamic belief and is by its very nature a display of religiosity which some people (not myself) find objectionable. Clearly she needs a good ol Islamic slap on the back of the head to bring her back to reality as recommended in the Koran as a treatment for misguided women - see Sura 4:34
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 08:14
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    because she is a Muslim and personally involved with the issue, I am merely an observer.
    Since she's an Englishwoman, she's no more "personally involved" with the issue than you are.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 08:18
    Since she's an Englishwoman, she's no more "personally involved" with the issue than you are.
    She is a Muslim and is therefore more personally involved than I because the issue is specific to Muslims
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 20:19
    She is a Muslim and is therefore more personally involved than I because the issue is specific to Muslims
    So the objections of members of a discriminated minority's opinions as regards policies that discriminate against them should be ignored because they are "biased"?

Note that this person isn't actually "personally involved" because she doesn't live in France and thus the discrimination has no direct effect on her.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 20:27
    So the objections of members of a discriminated minority's opinions as regards policies that discriminate against them should be ignored because they are "biased"?

Note that this person isn't actually "personally involved" because she doesn't live in France and thus the discrimination has no direct effect on her.
    Load your questions much? She has a vested interest by virtue of her religious affiliation and is displaying a bias as a direct consequence. Why this should be problematic I cannot say.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 20:34
    Load your questions much? She has a vested interest by virtue of her religious affiliation and is displaying a bias as a direct consequence. Why this should be problematic I cannot say.
    Perhaps you are displaying a "bias" because your religion wouldn't be affected by the discrimination.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '16 20:37
    Perhaps you are displaying a "bias" because your religion wouldn't be affected by the discrimination.
    Dude please, lets try to remain objective. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree