11,000 posts

11,000 posts

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Jul 16

Dangit! Who keeps doing the thumbs down? I don't know why, but that thumbs down thing is really bugging me lately. They obviously have no sense of humor. 😉

I say eliminate the thumbs down button. All we really need is the thumbs up. If someone doesn't like a post, then just don't thumb it up.

F

Moves
10 Jul 16

Originally posted by josephw
Dangit! Who keeps doing the thumbs down? I don't know why, but that thumbs down thing is really bugging me lately.
It's probably being done by someone who gets a kick out of people like you saying "that thumbs down thing is really bugging me lately".

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
It's probably being done by someone who gets a kick out of people like you saying "that thumbs down thing is really bugging me lately".
Are saying I'm inadvertently feeding a troll? 😉

F

Moves
10 Jul 16

Are saying I'm inadvertently feeding a troll? 😉
To say that the one thumbs down you are getting from one person over and over again is bugging you is like a textbook case study of giving a petty person exactly what they want.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
To say that the one thumbs down you are getting from one person over and over again is bugging you is like a textbook case study of giving a petty person exactly what they want.
The thumbs down is less significant than in the gladiator days, fighting in the Colosseum.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
Well, it's not the thumbs down on my posts that's of any concern to me. It's just the overall use of it that bugs me. If someone doesn't like a post, then all they need to do is voice their disapproval and give a reason. Using a thumbs down is like making a frowny face like a pouty baby.
I can see using thumbs ups and downs if we were taking a vote on some issue, and anonymity was the rule. Otherwise it seems rather trite.

F

Moves
10 Jul 16

Well, it's not the thumbs down on my posts that's of any concern to me. It's just the overall use of it that bugs me.
There you go again. Serving up the very pleasure that the thumber seeks.

F

Moves
10 Jul 16

Using a thumbs down is like making a frowny face like a pouty baby.
I can see using thumbs ups and downs if we were taking a vote on some issue, and anonymity was the rule. Otherwise it seems rather trite.
The thumber will just love all this angst she or he is extracting from you. Mission accomplished, I'd say.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
There you go again. Serving up the very pleasure that the thumber seeks.
Ah ha! You're the thumber. 😉

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
The thumber will just love all this angst she or he is extracting from you. Mission accomplished, I'd say.
Angst is too strong a word. Annoyance would be better. The one with the thumb issue has the greater angst. Hiding behind a thumb can't be very fulfilling.

F

Moves
10 Jul 16

Angst is too strong a word. Annoyance would be better. The one with the thumb issue has the greater angst. Hiding behind a thumb can't be very fulfilling.
And you're still at it. All this attempted condemnation is precisely what they are after. 😉

F

Moves
10 Jul 16

Ah ha! You're the thumber. 😉
Huh? Why would you think so?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
And you're still at it. All this attempted condemnation is precisely what they are after. 😉
And apparently you are too. You love that word don't you? You spend too much energy judging other's motives.

F

Moves
10 Jul 16

And apparently you are too. You love that word don't you? You spend too much energy judging other's motives.
You feel I am condemning you?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
10 Jul 16

Originally posted by FMF
Huh? Why would you think so?
You seem to know why a troll trolls all to well. You seem to know what the thumber's motives are.

Are you the "bummer thumber"? LOL