Adieu

Adieu

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
31 Aug 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Here's a sidebar question which probably should have been a personal message [if so please forgive the indiscretion]: Since your return on August 23, 2015, your chess games completed and in progress total a dozen or more; while your public forum posts occupy six pages [of 15 each]: If you stay, which of the three categories of active members will you b ...[text shortened]... st boot me off" no. Just look at the post activity your return has spawned on this public forum.
To be honest, I came back because I wanted to play a few games of chess. (you should shoot me a game, btw)

Like many of us, I think I got sucked into the forums. My first posts were more along the lines of "who is still here?"

Then I got involved in the whole thing with landisqueen. My guess is that he/she was looking for a way to promote his/her GoFraudMe page. I pointed out that many were frauds and he/she attacked me viciously.

Given my knowledge of the forums it should not have surprised me that somehow I came out the bad guy even though I never attacked him/her personally and his/her attacks against me were quite over-the-top.

(apparently, I am ted koczynski because I pointed out that many GoFundMe accounts are outright frauds. The level of vituperation on his/her part is a further indication in my mind that he/she had a personal axe to grind)

And yes, it did seem to me that there was a dramatic increase in forum activity after my return.

Ranger

Rohan

Moves
31 Aug 15
1 edit

Here's a sidebar question which probably should have been a personal message... David Hume, I believe, observed that (in paraphrase): 'We arrive at the truth through the honest disagreement among friends'.
“The truth springs from arguments amongst friends.”

David Hume

RHP Member No.16

Moves
31 Aug 15
3 edits

Originally posted by Red Night
Obviously, if we go back to 2006 when Yasser Serawein showed up to check the place out with the intention of buying subscriptions for 50 or more young players he was coaching only to be driven off in less than a day by the bullies we can see how the two worlds; unfettered social media 'banter' and serious chess are totally incompatible, at least here in t ...[text shortened]... S.

Originally posted by FMF
Is this episode still accessible in the archives?
Go here ---> http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=13710

I used forum search to locate this partial interchange on that subject. To do that, at the bottom of the 'search' page I entered Yassar Seirawan RHP in the search string box.

I remember this being tossed around at the time but cannot exactly remember how the whole thing finally came out. I'm sure there must have been much more about it that was discussed at the time but don't have time right now to investigate further.

If someone else is more interested they can explore further by using the 'forum search' option.

<edit> Here is perhaps the main thread ---> http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=13217

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
31 Aug 15

Originally posted by mwmiller
[b]Go here ---> http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=13710

I used forum search to locate this partial interchange on that subject. To do that, at the bottom of the 'search' page I entered Yassar Seirawan RHP in the search string box.

I remember this being tossed around at the time but cannot exactly remember how the whole th ...[text shortened]...
If someone else is more interested they can explore further by using the 'forum search' option.[/b]
Thanks MW.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
31 Aug 15
2 edits

Thanks MW.
I just added another link to that last post of mine. It has more on the whole interchange I think.
http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=13217

Moves
31 Aug 15

Red, my view is that this second public forum post legitimately focuses on lowered standards of civility in this site's spirituality forum
Of course, what you are actually referring to is people simply disagreeing with you and not soaking up every piece of mumbo-jumbo you pass off as a scriptural exegesis.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 Aug 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Of course, what you are actually referring to is people simply disagreeing with you and not soaking up every piece of mumbo-jumbo you pass off as a scriptural exegesis.
@divegeester: "The profile that was written here has been removed."

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 Aug 15

To be honest, I came back because I wanted to play a few games of chess. (you should shoot me a game, btw)

Like many of us, I think I got sucked into the forums. My first posts were more along the lines of "who is still here?"

Then I got involved in the whole thing with landisqueen. My guess is that he/she was looking for a way to promote his/her GoF ...[text shortened]...

And yes, it did seem to me that there was a dramatic increase in forum activity after my return.
Unrated Fischer960 is the chess variation I've been playing here for quite sometime. I'll send an invite tomorrow if you're interested.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 Aug 15

Originally posted by nimzophysh
“The truth springs from arguments amongst friends.”

David Hume
Thanks.

Read a book!

Moves
31 Aug 15

Originally posted by mwmiller
I just added another link to that last post of mine. It has more on the whole interchange I think.
http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=13217
An unexpected black eye for David Tebb.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
01 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by HandyAndy
An unexpected black eye for David Tebb.
In David's defense there were a lot of problems with the guy.

The game he played was not good, it was not horrible, but not good. It seems to me replaying it that whoever played the first quarter or so was a better player than the person who finished it.

The person who played the first half would not have made the idiotic comment that it was a queen's fianchetto rather than a petroff.

On the other hand, our Yasser bought a subscription, made a few posts, played one game and left. Not really the behavior of the typical troll.

Also, Russ vetted him and was convinced it was the real Yasser.

My guess is that it was the real Yasser and that he turned the account over to one of his kids to test drive. (after all, what US champ wants to prove himself to us or even play here) Once the real Yasser saw how much trouble the kid got into in such a short time, he decided this was not the right place for his protege's. Mostly because of the forums.

Moves
01 Sep 15
1 edit

I doubt he will and I am always a little nervous that when I start talking like this that he will just boot me off.

I think he is much happier when I am "stirring the pot" so to speak and creating activity in the forums.
Watching you and Grampy Bobby discussing what is wrong with the RHP forums while sycophantically stroking each other has got to be one of the single most repellent experiences one can have here.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
01 Sep 15

@divegeester: "The profile that was written here has been removed."
@GrampyBobby No longer capable ..

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
01 Sep 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Watching you and Grampy Bobby discussing what is wrong with the RHP forums while sycophantically stroking each other has got to be one of the single most repellent experiences one can have here.
Borderline gay.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
01 Sep 15

Originally posted by Seitse
Borderline gay.
A homosexual in Llanymynech.