Flat Earth

Flat Earth

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
23 Apr 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
You haven't made comment old chap about the mirrors on the moon alluded to by Stephen Fry:

'The mirror's existence, and the fact that astronomers can bounce lasers off it and detect the returning beam, has also provided Nasa and other scientists with compelling evidence to refute the claims of moon-landing deniers who claim the Apollo lunar mission were hoaxes filmed in an Earth-based studio.' (www.theguardian.com)
Although I don't know that there is not an answer for this claim
you will recall, of course, there are many claims but few proofs of most aspects of our space program
that does not mean one doesn't exist.

But let's not put the fuel ahead of the payload.
There are a few questions the flat earth model has not satisfactorily answered.
However, there are MANY questions the globe earth model cannot come close to answering, despite all of the money and power in its corner.

Moves
23 Apr 16

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Although I don't know that there is not an answer for this claim[hidden]you will recall, of course, there are many claims but few proofs of most aspects of our space program[/hidden]that does not mean one doesn't exist.

But let's not put the fuel ahead of the payload.
There are a few questions the flat earth model has not satisfactorily answered.
Howe ...[text shortened]... be earth model cannot come close to answering, despite all of the money and power in its corner.
Tonight I am going to astral project to the moon and find one of the golf balls. You just see if i don't.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
23 Apr 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Tonight I am going to astral project to the moon and find one of the golf balls. You just see if i don't.
You certainly should play through: there are plenty of holes in the official story...

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
23 Apr 16

You certainly should play through: there are plenty of holes in the official story...
You most likely didn't even know there was a retroreflector on the moon and now you are waffling yet again. It also sounds like you don't believe much about ANY science since you refuse to actually educate yourself. You also didn't answer my question about me seeing ISS from my little telescope when it went overhead and I also put out a link to an amateur site that did it better than I could.

How long will you go through life with your head in the sand? And why don't you actually spell out just what you think is wrong with the globe stuff done by NASA and all the rest of the world's space programs.

So you don't believe ANYTHING about science. Your bad. you are being left behind and you don't even know it or care, which is pretty sad.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
23 Apr 16

Which north pole?
Any.
It doesn't have to be the North Pole anyway.
Makes the angles easier if you use the true North Pole as one corner of the triangle.

Take any 3 points on the Earth. The "triangle" they form
will have interior angles whose sum is greater than 180.

Read a book!

Moves
24 Apr 16

Here's a cool puzzle: You are standing on the North Pole. You then begin walking,
heading due south for 50 miles. At that point you turn and walk 50 miles due west,
then turn again and walk due north for 50 miles. Where will you wind up?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Apr 16
1 edit

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Here's a cool puzzle: You are standing on the North Pole. You then begin walking,
heading due south for 50 miles. At that point you turn and walk 50 miles due west,
The earth is flat, so you'd end up three quarters of the way around a square. 😉

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 Apr 16

Originally posted by HandyAndy
You end up completely opposite of the South Pole.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Apr 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
You end up completely opposite of the South Pole.
You keep forgetting the earth is flat. 50 miles south of the North Pole, then 50 miles west, then 50 miles back north puts you 50 miles west of the North Pole.

But if the earth is roundish you'd be right back at the North Pole. 50 miles south, then west, then north would be a triangle on a spherical surface, albeit a curved one.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 Apr 16

Originally posted by josephw
You keep forgetting the earth is flat. 50 miles south of the North Pole, then 50 miles west, then 50 miles back north puts you 50 miles west of the North Pole.

But if the earth is roundish you'd be right back at the North Pole. 50 miles south, then west, then north would be a triangle on a spherical surface, albeit a curved one.
Yeah, right. Earth flat. It's amazing here in century 21 that not only do some weird people believe Earth is flat but also even satellites are faked and that last by every space faring country on Earth. I still think he is just getting a belly laugh out of all this, I don't think he really believes it in a million years, just his way of getting off on our frustrations.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
24 Apr 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
Yeah, right. Earth flat. It's amazing here in century 21 that not only do some weird people believe Earth is flat but also even satellites are faked and that last by every space faring country on Earth. I still think he is just getting a belly laugh out of all this, I don't think he really believes it in a million years, just his way of getting off on our frustrations.
Ooooh, yeah baby.
Show me that pent up frustration.
mmmmm....

Moves
24 Apr 16

Ooooh, yeah baby.
Show me that pent up frustration.
mmmmm....
Demonstrating that the earth is flat, is an intellectual game played by those capable of demonstrating that their scientific knowledge goes beyond the established, and which challenges the accepted empirically based knowledge and philosophical perspectives. Unfortunately you have specially failed to live up to that ideal.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
24 Apr 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Demonstrating that the earth is flat, is an intellectual game played by those capable of demonstrating that their scientific knowledge goes beyond the established, and which challenges the accepted empirically based knowledge and philosophical perspectives. Unfortunately you have specially failed to live up to that ideal.
Listen, numbnuts.
This isn't a esoteric, contrarian intellectual masturbation/karaoke session.
We're not talking about building a bunch of meaningless formulas and quasi-scientific sounding mathematical propositions.
Instead, I have offered two exceedingly simple questions, neither of which has been responded to either superficially or satisfactorily.

The first question is painfully easy to prove and/or disprove.
Namely, how can distant objects be visible when they are supposedly beyond the horizon to the observer?
That doesn't take sophistication other than the ability to multiply measured distances and then compare the result to Pythagorean's Theorem for finding the curvature of a sphere.

The second question is, admittedly, theoretical and/or philosophical in nature so it takes a minimum of seasoning.
This one: if the earth is a globe, why has NASA lied about the shape of the same?
Moreover, why has NASA lied about ANYTHING?

Now, if you can answer any of these questions, you'll be light years ahead of any one else who has intoned on the topics.

That being said, you could be naive as to the nature of the question and can therefore be forgiven for your characterization.

But I don't think so.
Instead, you're ignoring the issues at hand and are instead attempting an end run by a pitiful attempt at making me the issue.
Note this, divegeester: I am not the issue.
The issue is your inability to answer the questions.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
24 Apr 16

Listen, numbnuts.
This isn't a esoteric, contrarian intellectual masturbation/karaoke session.
1. Namely, how can distant objects be visible when they are supposedly beyond the horizon to the observer?

2., why has NASA lied about the shape of the same?
1. Refraction.
The same well understood optical effect that produces inverted mirages and sundogs.

2. What has NASA lied about? Are you saying NASA claim the Earth is something
other than a sphere? (Don't pull the oblate spheroid or pear-shape story)

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
24 Apr 16

Originally posted by wolfgang59
1. Refraction.
The same well understood optical effect that produces inverted mirages and sundogs.

2. What has NASA lied about? Are you saying NASA claim the Earth is something
other than a sphere? (Don't pull the oblate spheroid or pear-shape story)
Refraction supposedly only works within certain temperature-sensitive parameters.
Can't explain how the distant objects are visible during any/all times of the day/night.
Go back, sharpen your pencil and try again.

What has NASA lied about?
Seriously?
Get an effing clue, and--- again--- sharpen your pencil and try again.

For eff's sake.