Flat Earth

Flat Earth

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Apr 16

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
25 Apr 16

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Refraction supposedly only works within certain temperature-sensitive parameters.
Can't explain how the distant objects are visible during any/all times of the day/night.
Go back, sharpen your pencil and try again.

What has NASA lied about?
Seriously?
Get an effing clue, and--- again--- sharpen your pencil and try again.

For eff's sake.
Refraction happens at any temperature. In fact it is temperature and pressure dependent.
Are you just playing dumb?

Moves
25 Apr 16

Refraction supposedly only works within certain temperature-sensitive parameters.
Can't explain how the distant objects are visible during any/all times of the day/night.
Go back, sharpen your pencil and try again.

What has NASA lied about?
Seriously?
Get an effing clue, and--- again--- sharpen your pencil and try again.

For eff's sake.
What "distant objects"?
Define "distant"?
Define "object"?

I don't know why anyone here (including me) gives you the time of day. You come across as a bit of a demented idiot to be honest.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Apr 16

Listen, numbnuts.
This isn't a esoteric, contrarian intellectual masturbation/karaoke session.
We're not talking about building a bunch of meaningless formulas and quasi-scientific sounding mathematical propositions.
Instead, I have offered two exceedingly simple questions, neither of which has been responded to either superficially or satisfactorily.
...[text shortened]... ote this, divegeester: I am not the issue.
The issue is your inability to answer the questions.
".., how can distant objects be visible when they are supposedly beyond the horizon to the observer?"

If objects are beyond or below the horizon and are still visible to the observer, then there must necessarily be a reason and a plausible scientific explanation.

"That doesn't take sophistication other than the ability to multiply measured distances and then compare the result to Pythagorean's Theorem for finding the curvature of a sphere."

Beyond my sophistication. Perhaps someone can explain it to me in layman's terms.

"..: if the earth is a globe, why has NASA lied about the shape of the same?"

Indeed! Why would such a lie be told. It makes no sense to me since it is firmly ensconced in my mind that the earth is a sphere, albeit a slightly oblated spheroid.

"Moreover, why has NASA lied about ANYTHING?"

Because they have something to hide is the only answer I can think of. IF they're lying that is.

Am I light years ahead? Am I, am I? Please say I'm light years ahead of everyone. PLEASE! 😉

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Apr 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
Yeah, right. Earth flat. It's amazing here in century 21 that not only do some weird people believe Earth is flat but also even satellites are faked and that last by every space faring country on Earth. I still think he is just getting a belly laugh out of all this, I don't think he really believes it in a million years, just his way of getting off on our frustrations.
Are you really frustrated? I'm not. In fact, this thread is the least frustrating of all the threads I've posted in. 😉

Not that I don't get that way at times.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Apr 16

Originally posted by josephw
Are you really frustrated? I'm not. In fact, this thread is the least frustrating of all the threads I've posted in. 😉

Not that I don't get that way at times.
Freak has apparently not seen the people aboard ISS and their experiments with near zero gravity. Like the one done by Hatfield where he just ran water over his hand and it crept around his hand like an alien life form crawling up his fingers slowly.

I wonder how Freak would rationalize THAT one away.

Or the men and women traveling up and down the ISS floating totally weightless just flying through the air like we all saw.

Wonder how he thinks THAT trick was done. All smoke and mirrors I guess.

And those pictures of astronauts landing in the Soyuz craft being carried out by hand not letting them walk till they get their land legs back. Guess that was all part of the vast international conspiracy also.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Apr 16

Freak has apparently not seen the people aboard ISS and their experiments with near zero gravity. Like the one done by Hatfield where he just ran water over his hand and it crept around his hand like an alien life form crawling up his fingers slowly.

I wonder how Freak would rationalize THAT one away.

Or the men and women traveling up and down the ISS ...[text shortened]... hey get their land legs back. Guess that was all part of the vast international conspiracy also.
I guess I don't really know what Freaky thinks about all that. It doesn't really matter to me. If I ever met anyone who really believes the earth is flat I guess I would try to understand why they believe that.

I saw a video once where it was said that the moon landing was faked. The guy that produced the video was punched in the face by one of the astronauts. If I had gone to the moon and some idiot made a video describing how it was faked by NASA, and that guy was hounding me in public about it, I'd probably punch him too. 😉

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Apr 16
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
I guess I don't really know what Freaky thinks about all that. It doesn't really matter to me. If I ever met anyone who really believes the earth is flat I guess I would try to understand why they believe that.

I saw a video once where it was said that the moon landing was faked. The guy that produced the video was punched in the face by one of the astro ...[text shortened]... s faked by NASA, and that guy was hounding me in public about it, I'd probably punch him too. 😉
I felt pretty strongly the same myself since I was one of those fakers working on Apollo back in 1970. Apollo tracking and timing was my little slice of it. Atomic clocks and a little transponder that from Earth was sent a digital code and the transponder just turned that code around and resent it back to Earth and the difference between what was sent and what was received gave the distance to Apollo accurate to within 50 feet.

So when that alleged woman, forget her handle now, she was # 1 rating here till she got booted from RHP, maybe you remember her? Anyway she says 'I KNOW FOR A FACT the moonlanding was hoaxed" That set me off.
The greatest scientific and engineering feat of the 20th century and those asssholes making money selling books on how it was faked.

I think the astronaut that delivered the punch was Buzz Aldrin.

It was even taped!

That ASSSHOLE Bart Sibrel deserved to get punched, he wouldn't get out of Buzz's face. That dude was born 20 years after the moon landings so he wasn't even alive when the moon landings happened.

Read a book!

Moves
25 Apr 16

So when that alleged woman, forget her handle now, she was # 1 rating here till she got booted from RHP, maybe you remember her? Anyway she says 'I KNOW FOR A FACT the moonlanding was hoaxed" That set me off. The greatest scientific and engineering feat of the 20th century and those asssholes making money selling books on how it was faked.
Skeeter. She's still around.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Apr 16

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Skeeter. She's still around.
Ah yes Skeeter. So any idea of the present handle?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
25 Apr 16

I felt pretty strongly the same myself since I was one of those fakers working on Apollo back in 1970. Apollo tracking and timing was my little slice of it. Atomic clocks and a little transponder that from Earth was sent a digital code and the transponder just turned that code around and resent it back to Earth and the difference between what was sent and w ...[text shortened]... s born 20 years after the moon landings so he wasn't even alive when the moon landings happened.
Couldn't agree with you more!

Moves
25 Apr 16

I felt pretty strongly the same myself since I was one of those fakers working on Apollo back in 1970. Apollo tracking and timing was my little slice of it. Atomic clocks and a little transponder that from Earth was sent a digital code and the transponder just turned that code around and resent it back to Earth and the difference between what was sent and w ...[text shortened]... s born 20 years after the moon landings so he wasn't even alive when the moon landings happened.
That was great! 😵

What a complete duchebag.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
26 Apr 16

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Refraction happens at any temperature. In fact it is temperature and pressure dependent.
Are you just playing dumb?
You're contradicting yourself, but you probably knew that, right?

I am fully aware of refraction of light as I have studied somewhat extensively.
I am also fully aware that looming (a form of superior mirages) requires certain conditions--- temperature-dependent--- to present itself.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
26 Apr 16

Originally posted by divegeester
What "distant objects"?
Define "distant"?
Define "object"?

I don't know why anyone here (including me) gives you the time of day. You come across as a bit of a demented idiot to be honest.
I realize this is a bit much for you to follow, so I'll help you out a bit.
The distant objects I have been describing are (typically) the buildings within a city skyline.
But they could be anything else which should be below the horizon to the observer, i.e., beyond a person's ability to see owing to the curvature of the earth.

I have the time in the bottom corner of my computer, so I'm not sure why I would come on a website to ascertain the same... especially since the answer will (at best) be in the past when I read it, and therefore irrelevant.

Unless you mean something else entirely?

Read a book!

Moves
26 Apr 16

I have the time in the bottom corner of my computer, so I'm not sure why I would come on a website to ascertain the same... especially since the answer will (at best) be in the past when I read it, and therefore irrelevant.

Unless you mean something else entirely?
Is the time of day the same on a spherical world as it is on a flat one?

I knew a track star who could run a mile in four minutes flat. We never timed him on a sphere.