Flat Earth

Flat Earth

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 May 16
2 edits

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
You didn't answer the question about the thousands of visible meteor hits the earth side of the moon has received.

Since you are more informed: why are we unable to drill beyond seven miles?

Your lack of understanding regarding the optics involved in refraction of light is not helping your cause.
And what has the meteor strikes on the visible face of the moon vs the back have to do with anything like the shape of Earth? You are just spitting out strawman after strawman, and if for some reason you don't know what that is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

You see how this works? I put up a link supporting my case but all you do is put up more strawman stupidity. And that is exactly what it is, stupidity.

Since you must have a Phd in moonology, why don't you enlighten ME about why the moon has all those craters and the back side doesn't.

Also drilling down past 7 miles, what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Another strawman argument. You don't give a rats ass why, you just think throwing out BS like that will win the day. Here is a hint: It doesn't. All it does in reality is to cast you in the light of an assshole who never will bother to learn the real reasons behind any of this bullshtye you push on us.

You keep doing the Socrates deal, asking questions and such but you have no backup, just more idiotic nothing to do with Earth crap.

Since you know so much about optics, tell us why we can't see over the horizon on the moon.

Also, if Earth was flat, why can't we see the Eiffel tower from the Bronx? Your so-called arguments keep getting thinner by the hour.

You better do some better consultation of your flat earth net buddies before you keep on sticking strawman arguments on us.

And you studiously avoid trying to rationalize why the moon, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and such are all globes at the same time thinking Earth has to be flat.

What do you think makes Earth so special as to have this flatness you so desperately think is real?

Again, if it was a flat Earth, we should be able to see the Eiffel tower with a telescope. Tell us oh master of all things science, why we can't.

Don't worry, I'll give you time to consult your flat Earther buddies, since it is quite obvious you have just been fed a line of bullshyte and you can't come up with anything like a real argument all by yourself.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 May 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
And what has the meteor strikes on the visible face of the moon vs the back have to do with anything like the shape of Earth? You are just spitting out strawman after strawman, and if for some reason you don't know what that is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

You see how this works? I put up a link supporting my case but all you do is put up ...[text shortened]... ed a line of bullshyte and you can't come up with anything like a real argument all by yourself.
"Since you must have a Phd in moonology, why don't you enlighten ME about why the moon has all those craters and the back side doesn't."

But it does! Of course perhaps you are just being facetious. 😉

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 May 16

Originally posted by josephw
[b]"Since you must have a Phd in moonology, why don't you enlighten ME about why the moon has all those craters and the back side doesn't."

But it does! Of course perhaps you are just being facetious. 😉[/b]
The back side was photographed by the Soviet era probe like in 1959 or some such date and they found the backside was a lot smoother due to a humungus amount of volcanic activity and the issue of why there are more on the facing side has nothing to do with Earth as a protector, we are not close enough to the moon for that kind of function.

At best, Earth gravity would tend to deflect close in asteroids and such but it's not enough to actually protect the moon from strikes. A deflection is a two way sword, just as likely to deflect a near miss right into the moon as to deflect a sure hit away from the moon. If you look at a scaled drawing of Earth and the moon, you see Earth is very tiny compared to the distance between them. 8000 odd miles or 12000 odd Km Vs 240,000 miles or 380000 odd Km. Pretty tiny compared to that distance. I think in his daffy logic Earth is supposed to protect the moon from getting whacked.

Of course the best theory of how the moon got here is some evidence of a major strike way early on, like 4 odd billion years ago just after Earth coalesced from all the dust and asteroids and comets in the early solar system but a planet the size of Mars whacked Earth and bits and pieces flew off into some kind of orbit and some of that stuff coalesced to form the moon and pretty quickly became tidal locked since ATT Luna was a LOT closer and would have been whacked at least by all the left over crap from that collision. There was a recent Scientific American piece about that subject, I could go into more detail if you want.

Moves
06 May 16

You are big and fat...
6' 195 pounds, work out four to seven times a week.
That sound fat, son?
God damn it! You ARE Very Rusty!! He used to post the exact same drivel as you are. Let me guess: you are also wealthier than I am?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
06 May 16

Originally posted by Kegge
God damn it! You ARE Very Rusty!! He used to post the exact same drivel as you are. Let me guess: you are also wealthier than I am?
I'm going to go out on a limb here because I am gainfully employed and say... Yes?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
06 May 16

It must be difficult for you to keep up with your ADD kicking in at seemingly random intervals.
So having ADD is an insult now?
An insult to your intelligence perhaps since it is an outdated term.
Perhaps you mean ADHD-PI ??

Thankfully I am not a sufferer but have worked with many, many children who
are (and have fostered others) and find your use of the term as a derogatory
insult yet another symptom of the poor educational system in the US.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
06 May 16

Originally posted by wolfgang59

How you take insult and link the two... is beyond me.
You should have just taken insult and left well enough alone.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
06 May 16

Obviously there is much that is "beyond you".

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
07 May 16

You should have just taken insult and left well enough alone.
If I insulted you sir, but was standing below the horizon line in the company of Buzz Aldrin, would you still take offense?

(The above is an example of my 'morning posts' where the quality of humour is significantly compromised).

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 May 16

Originally posted by wolfgang59

Yep, there's PI, PH and C types.

I've been out of school for 16 years now and even I knew this.

Unless they've changed it again since then. 😲

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
07 May 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
If I insulted you sir, but was standing below the horizon line in the company of Buzz Aldrin, would you still take offense?

(The above is an example of my 'morning posts' where the quality of humour is significantly compromised).
Still, this is, I believe, the first post of this thread I've laughed out loud at. Compromised or not, it's still humor. The rest of this thread is as boring as a bowl of puffed rice.

Moves
07 May 16

I'm going to go out on a limb here because I am gainfully employed and say... Yes?
You behave exactly like Very Rusty used to. A internet make-believe best of the best of everything. Of course not a single shred of "evidence" he actually was stronger, wealthier, raised more children and to top it of visited more psychologists than I, was ever produced.

And that is also exactly what you do. An internet loud mouth with a superiority complex. I gave Very Rusty my telephone number once to call out his cowardice which he promptly confirmed by not having the guts to make the call. (Another member here did though, which was cool).

To me you're Very Rusty from now on.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 May 16

Originally posted by Kegge
You behave exactly like Very Rusty used to. A internet make-believe best of the best of everything. Of course not a single shred of "evidence" he actually was stronger, wealthier, raised more children and to top it of visited more psychologists than I, was ever produced.

And that is also exactly what you do. An internet loud mouth with a superiority comple ...[text shortened]... call. (Another member here did though, which was cool).

To me you're Very Rusty from now on.
I know Freaky personally, and you are way out of his league.

You are the troll and the phony here. Make no mistake about it.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 May 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
The back side was photographed by the Soviet era probe like in 1959 or some such date and they found the backside was a lot smoother due to a humungus amount of volcanic activity and the issue of why there are more on the facing side has nothing to do with Earth as a protector, we are not close enough to the moon for that kind of function.

At best, Earth ...[text shortened]... a recent Scientific American piece about that subject, I could go into more detail if you want.
Not that I'm not interested, but all this scientific theorizing about how and when the universe came to be doesn't answer the question. The question being how and when did the universe come into existence.

As far as I know the consensus is that the universe came out of nowhere. Science has it that it happened by chance, but creationist believe it was created.

I think the answer is obvious.

Moves
07 May 16

Originally posted by josephw
I know Freaky personally, and you are way out of his league.

You are the troll and the phony here. Make no mistake about it.
Of course you do! And because you also know me (NOT) you can make the claim you just made. Are you an idiot?