1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Mar '17 23:31
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Why would I answer a question which has already asked and answered?
    Why would I answer any of your objections when you've refused to address my initial two--- now three--- claims?
    you haven't answered shyte. I said you go around the REAL planet's equator without even a tiny correction left or right but straight ahead and you answered basically it wouldn't be that much of a correction all that turning left stuff. Go straight and you are actually tangential to that fake circle of your fantasy equator and you would be flying straight to the edge of your fake flatass planet. But that bothers you not at all since to actually do the work of analyzing what I just said would show you you are in fact living in a fantasy world and THAT you would not even CONSIDER. JUST LIKE HINDS AND HIS YOUNG EARTH CRAP.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 01:57
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    you haven't answered shyte. I said you go around the REAL planet's equator without even a tiny correction left or right but straight ahead and you answered basically it wouldn't be that much of a correction all that turning left stuff. Go straight and you are actually tangential to that fake circle of your fantasy equator and you would be flying straight to ...[text shortened]... a fantasy world and THAT you would not even CONSIDER. JUST LIKE HINDS AND HIS YOUNG EARTH CRAP.
    <sigh>

The only way to maintain any direction is to continue in the same heading whilst observing deviation from the same.
    Any direction.
    It works the same, regardless of the shape upon which one is traveling.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 03:43
    <sigh>

The only way to maintain any direction is to continue in the same heading whilst observing deviation from the same.
    Any direction.
    It works the same, regardless of the shape upon which one is traveling.
    You just don't get it. You always turn on your fantasy planet around the equator. You never have to turn on the real Earth. Do you even know what a tangent is? You go in a straight line starting on that circle, you go to the edge. Is that something esoteric to figure out?
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 16:45
    You just don't get it. You always turn on your fantasy planet around the equator. You never have to turn on the real Earth. Do you even know what a tangent is? You go in a straight line starting on that circle, you go to the edge. Is that something esoteric to figure out?
    Since you want to make an issue out of it, I will oblige.

On a spherical earth, the only way an airplane can follow a strictly easterly direction is to monitor the path by use of a compass.
    Deviation from the intended direction, i.e., south or north, is constantly being corrected by minor alterations in the steering.
    Doesn’t matter if the plane is on autopilot or is being controlled by the pilot: corrections are occurring for however long the plane remains in the air.
    The same holds true for any direction taken; the momentum of the plane must be constantly corrected in order to avoid deviation.
    However, on a spherical earth the pilot is also required to make constant corrections to the plane’s trajectory as it relates to elevation.
    This means if the pilot wants to maintain an elevation of 35,000 feet for the bulk of the flight’s duration, they must take into account a ground level which is constantly curving down and away from their position as they travel.
    This is not a concern for any pilot of any plane, ever.
    There is no need to continually dip the nose of the craft downward to offset the ground curving down and away from them, because the ground isn’t curving away from the trajectory of the plane: it is moving in its direction over a flat surface, not a curved surface.
    What this phenomenon is revealing is the same thing which is revealed when we see distant objects which should otherwise be below the horizon of the observer: the reason for the observation is the same reason a pilot does not need to constantly guide the airplane in a downward slope.
    The world is not a sphere.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 16:501 edit
    Since you want to make an issue out of it, I will oblige.

On a spherical earth, the only way an airplane can follow a strictly easterly direction is to monitor the path by use of a compass.
    Deviation from the intended direction, i.e., south or north, is constantly being corrected by minor alterations in the steering.
    Doesn’t matter if the plane is on ...[text shortened]... does not need to constantly guide the airplane in a downward slope.
    The world is not a sphere.
    You know as well as I do the average corrections will end up being zero following the REAL world equator. GPS can keep you on track of the invisible equator within a few feet so there will be not much in the way of corrections but the average compared to the actual equator will be zero.

You could imagine a sine wave deviation from the equator by some amount, say a half mile but the average will be right on top of the equator.

You don't get that with your flatass planet, a sine wave motion to the left and the right will end up with an easily determined average that will clearly point to a curved path and it wouldn't take very long either, for a tracking system to figure out you are traveling on a curve.

AND you know it but you actually think putting in this correction bullshyte will convince people you are using scientific method. You are not. You are simply bending science in a desparate attempt to prove your flatass fantasy.
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 17:08
    ...and another thread down the drain 🙁
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 17:17
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Yes, down the drain of reason.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 20:14
    You know as well as I do the average corrections will end up being zero following the REAL world equator. GPS can keep you on track of the invisible equator within a few feet so there will be not much in the way of corrections but the average compared to the actual equator will be zero.

You could imagine a sine wave deviation from the equator by some am ...[text shortened]... ou are not. You are simply bending science in a desparate attempt to prove your flatass fantasy.
    We can continually (forever) travel east (or west) because the world is shaped more or less like a phonograph: round.
    With north the middle of the record, all that is south of it is around that point.
    The distance from the north would necessarily remain the same when east is maintained, so the waves remain the same as well.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 20:15
    Yes, down the drain of reason.
    Reason is not being considered, it is being ignored.
    You refuse to answer the (now) three verifiable claims.
    That is not "reason," that is stubborn.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Mar '17 20:16
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    And no matter where one is on the earth, it always drains the same way.
  11. Subscriberptobler
    Patzer
    Canberra
    Moves
    10 Mar '17 05:42
    Bill Leak, Australian cartoonist
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '17 06:05
    According to my back-of-an-envelope calculations, around 8,200 people died yesterday in the country where I live. That's like 8,000 people in 47 half full Jumbo Jets crashing into a building with 200 people in it, with no survivors. The latter scenario would be all over the news, while it's left to lonely voices in the wind like mine to tell people about the former. It's as if common sense has died too.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Mar '17 09:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    According to my back-of-an-envelope calculations, around 8,200 people died yesterday in the country where I live. That's like 8,000 people in 47 half full Jumbo Jets crashing into a building with 200 people in it, with no survivors. The latter scenario would be all over the news, while it's left to lonely voices in the wind like mine to tell people about the former. It's as if common sense has died too.
    Some people died in NZ yesterday too.

Death must be contagious.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '17 10:08
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Some people died in NZ yesterday too.

Death must be contagious.
    I note that you show no curiosity as to why so many Jumbo Jets were only half full.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Mar '17 14:551 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I note that you show no curiosity as to why so many Jumbo Jets were only half full.
    23 jumbos full doesn't sound as impressive? Where do you live anyway? I hope that isn't a daily thing, that would be almost 3 million per year.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree