1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 19:38
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No, that's not what I mean, as if you didn't know. This thread was started because someone didn't get their way. Moderators are supposed to be invisible, until they're needed, and even then, they don't make what they do public knowledge, unless the situation requires that. She thought they were here to serve her.

You get lots of "impressions" a ...[text shortened]... u being given more control, especially since you seem so eager to get that control. That's all.
    You sound quite bitchy about Caisad4 and her legitimate complaint about your buddy RHinds and what he said about her...err hang on...oh yeah...your buddy. Now I see it.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 23:14
    You get lots of "impressions" about people that are usually wrong. That's why many here are simply not comfortable with you being given more control, especially since you seem so eager to get that control. That's all.
    I'm willing to give up my time (and posting as FMF) for a year in an effort to help out if called on to do so.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 23:31
    More passive-agressive barbs about GB. You really should try just saying what you mean, but you're worried how that might make you look to others. Not your most redeeming feature.
    I wasn't worried at all. I thought it was more wry if written the way I wrote it. And the "target" was, in fact, you, Suzianne, and not Grampy Bobby.

It's entirely Grampy Bobby's prerogative to have - and to display - the sometimes peculiar demeanour that he does towards Russ.

But, for offering to help Russ out with the task of moderating the forums on a thread intended for discussing the moderating of the forums, which I have done without showing any hint of the heavy and frequent sycophancy or unctuousness that Grampy Bobby exhibits towards Russ, you direct this comment at me:

"You're like the little kid with a Napoleon complex and a crush on the teacher jumping up volunteering to clean erasers after school, before she even asks."

'Irony of ironies' is a turn of phrase that comes to mind.

People can get a measure of what you're all about, Suzianne, from the scornful little things you blurt out and the never ending sound of your forum fists swishing through mid-air.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 12:15
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You sound quite bitchy about Caisad4 and her legitimate complaint about your buddy RHinds and what he said about her...err hang on...oh yeah...your buddy. Now I see it.
    I have no beef with her and her, yes, legitimate complaint about Hinds. What I have a beef with her about is that she thought the mods should have danced promptly to her tune, but she's not their boss. She has every right to complain, but to throw a hissy fit when they didn't follow her orders was a bit much.

And oh yeah, Hinds isn't my "buddy", whatever that means.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 12:20
    ...but to throw a hissy fit when they didn't follow her orders was a bit much.
    Would you describe yourself as opposed to people throwing hissy fits, and would you say your own posting sets us an example in this regard?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 12:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'm willing to give up my time (and posting as FMF) for a year in an effort to help out if called on to do so.
    Oh, I'm quite certain you would be. I'd be "willing" to quit my present job if someone offered to pay me a million dollars a year, too.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 12:22
    I have no beef with her and her, yes, legitimate complaint about Hinds. What I have a beef with her about is that she thought the mods should have danced promptly to her tune, but she's not their boss. She has every right to complain, but to throw a hissy fit when they didn't follow her orders was a bit much.

And oh yeah, Hinds isn't my "buddy", whatever that means.
    I agree with you about the way she went about it but people do get upset from time to time. I seem to remember it was not long ago that you had what could be described as a "hissy fit" and informed everyone you were leaving the site.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 12:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    Would you describe yourself as opposed to people throwing hissy fits, and would you say your own posting sets us an example in this regard?
    So you're not quite tired of getting thumbed down yet?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 12:31
    I agree with you about the way she went about it but people do get upset from time to time. I seem to remember it was not long ago that you had what could be described as a "hissy fit" and informed everyone you were leaving the site.
    I'm not the one suddenly making it all about me. Nice try, though.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 12:45
    I don't get it. Why would thumbs down make me tired?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 13:332 edits
    I'm not the one suddenly making it all about me. Nice try, though.
    You are wrongly "making it all about" Caissad4. I'm just politely reminding you that you yourself had had moments of misjudgment where you have threatened to leave the site over something, so perhaps you shouldn't call her out in this way. Maybe it would have more appropriate to confront her directly by replying to her posts at the time. you are fairly forthright so I'm sure you could have done that.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 13:46
    Oh, I'm quite certain you would be. I'd be "willing" to quit my present job if someone offered to pay me a million dollars a year, too.
    If someone offered to pay you a million dollars too? What million dollars are you referring to?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 20:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    Originally posted by FMF
    If someone offered to pay you a million dollars too? What million dollars are you referring to?

Originally posted by FMF

and

Originally posted by FMF

Originally posted by FMF

----------------------------------
    Do you really think it helps advance your campaign to be a mod when you seemingly can't even understand what people are saying??

Do you think it serves you well in this regard to suddenly pretend that you can't understand colloquial English?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 20:26
    You are wrongly "making it all about" Caissad4. I'm just politely reminding you that you yourself had had moments of misjudgment where you have threatened to leave the site over something, so perhaps you shouldn't call her out in this way. Maybe it would have more appropriate to confront her directly by replying to her posts at the time. you are fairly forthright so I'm sure you could have done that.
    I did confront her "at the time". It's right here in this thread. I tried to explain to her how forum moderation works, but she wasn't having any of it. She felt they should have dropped everything and obeyed her commands, and then she came here and cried about it when they did not.

And of course, *your* "buddy" FMF then thought the time was finally ripe for his "ascension".
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 20:49
    I did confront her "at the time". It's right here in this thread. I tried to explain to her how forum moderation works, but she wasn't having any of it. She felt they should have dropped everything and obeyed her commands, and then she came here and cried about it when they did not.

And of course, *your* "buddy" FMF then thought the time was finally ripe for his "ascension".
    Can you give a rational explaination for your objection to FMF becoming a moderator?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree