1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 19:39
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Anyone who is rational rather than emotional and focused on this thread's topic "Our Ethical Creed" rather than fixated on the real or imagined shortcomings of other members of Red Hot Pawn "will very quickly see where the flaws lie". About @divegeester: "Although I love the chess, I'm beginning to grow weary of the bigotry, dishonesty and duchbaggery f ...[text shortened]... I for one will miss you and your contrarian points of view during 2016 and beyond. Regards, Bob
    Telling people who are unimpressed by you or your objectionable comments, that they are emotionally fixated on your shortcomings is not a satisfactory response to fair counter-commentary.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 19:39
    Anyone who is rational rather than emotional and focused on this thread's topic "Our Ethical Creed" rather than fixated on the real or imagined shortcomings of other members of Red Hot Pawn "will very quickly see where the flaws lie".
    You seem more than happy to talk about what you see as the shortcomings of other members of Red Hot Pawn ~ the other member, in this case, being divegeester ~ and then in your very next post you seem to be declaring yourself against talking about the shortcomings of other members ~ when the other member is you.

What exactly is it you perceive yourself as having apologized for on page 7?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 19:41
    As always, you're entitled to an opinion however flawed or emotionally driven it may be.

"There Are None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See." (John Heywood, 1546)
    To what extent do you think your behaviour on this thread dovetails with the ethical creed you copy pasted into your OP?
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 20:08
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Telling people who are unimpressed by you or your objectionable comments, that they are emotionally fixated on your shortcomings is not a satisfactory response to fair counter-commentary.
    The reply if you noticed was directed to you not to other "people" as you've stated.
    Wish you well with your other online correspondence chess site and other leisure time activities during 2016 and beyond
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 21:00
    Anyone who is rational rather than emotional and focused on this thread's topic "Our Ethical Creed" rather than fixated on the real or imagined shortcomings of other members of Red Hot Pawn "will very quickly see where the flaws lie". About @divegeester: "Although I love the chess, I'm beginning to grow weary of the bigotry, dishonesty and duchbaggery f ...[text shortened]... I for one will miss you and your contrarian points of view during 2016 and beyond. Regards, Bob
    Speaking of emotions, Bobby, you've been displaying a particularly detrimental one these days. Seems like arrogance.
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 21:41
    Note: I for one will miss you and your contrarian points of view during 2016 and beyond. Regards, Bob
    Now there's a great word -- contrarian. It's a person who opposes or rejects popular opinion. But that would seem
    to be you, Bobby, not divegeester. Have you been inhaling fumes from the gluepot again? Regards, Andy
  7. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 21:47
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Have you been inhaling fumes from the gluepot again? Regards, Andy
    Are you saying Bob is a junkie?

That would make a lot of sense. Benzos sounded more
    credible to me but, hey, glue does the trick too.
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 21:55
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Are you saying Bob is a junkie?

That would make a lot of sense. Benzos sounded more
    credible to me but, hey, glue does the trick too.
    Why else do you think he copy/pastes so much?
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 22:02
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Why else do you think he copy/pastes so much?
    ZING!

*golf clap*
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 23:361 edit
    "Our Ethical Creeds" Relevant Quotations Sidebar Bistro Cafe:

"Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not
    regarded as members of the herd.” ―Bertrand Russell, Unpopular Essays

“If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ―George S. Patton Jr.

“Sheep only need a single flock, but people need two: one to belong to and make them feel comfortable,
    and another to blame all of society’s problems on.” ―James Rozoff
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Nov '15 23:471 edit

"Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not

“If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ―George S. Patton Jr.

“Sheep only need a single ...[text shortened]... make them feel comfortable,
    In this thread you callously insulted a whole swathe of desperately needy people, not to mention their friends and family. Your best response is a qualified apology for a particular word followed by more hubris, platitudes and jabs at your detractors.

You've been found out Grampy Bobby.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '15 00:06
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby to divegeester
    The reply if you noticed was directed to you not to other "people" as you've stated.
    On this thread you have repeatedly suggested that other people who disagree with you are liars ~ you referred to your opinion as "the truth" and those who "reject it in favor of accepting and even peddling a lie" .. you've talked of the "outright falsehoods" and "premeditated lies" of those who don't agree with you ~ how does all this with sit with your 'ethical creed'?
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Nov '15 00:34

“Sheep only need a single flo ...[text shortened]... and make them feel comfortable,
    “It was said in the old days that every year Thor made a circle around Middle-earth, beating back the enemies of order.
    Thor got older every year, and the circle occupied by gods and men grew smaller.
    The wisdom god, Woden, went out to the king of the trolls, got him in an armlock,
    and demanded to know of him how order might triumph over chaos.

"Give me your left eye," said the king of the trolls, "and I'll tell you."
    Without hesitation, Woden gave up his left eye. "Now tell me."
    The troll said, "The secret is, Watch with both eyes!”
    ―John Gardner, On Moral Fiction
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '15 00:39
    Mentioning the word "trolls" in a copy paste is your answer?

Do you even understand why you are facing criticism?
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Nov '15 01:02
    “It was said in the old days that every year Thor made a circle around Middle-earth, beating back the enemies of order.
    Thor got older every year, and the circle occupied by gods and men grew smaller.
    The wisdom god, Woden, went out to the king of the trolls, got him in an armlock,
    and demanded to know of him how order might triumph over chaos.

"G ...[text shortened]... tell me."
    The troll said, "The secret is, Watch with both eyes!”
    ―John Gardner, On Moral Fiction
    "The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds.
    Think big anyway." ~Kent M. Keith (OP)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree