1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 May '16 01:531 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    "Standard of Civility"

Wait... what?
    Grampy Bobby led the way in 2015 with stuff about psychotic jealousy, the stinking vomit of posters he didn't like, premeditated liars (people who disagreed with him about suicide), jungle savagery, comments about people's dead relatives, and about their ability to be spouses and raise children, about their mental illnesses, etc. those "Standard of Civility", presumably. 😉
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 May '16 04:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    Grampy Bobby led the way in 2015 with stuff about psychotic jealousy, the stinking vomit of posters he didn't like, premeditated liars (people who disagreed with him about suicide), jungle savagery, comments about people's dead relatives, and about their ability to be spouses and raise children, about their mental illnesses, etc. [b]those "Standard of Civility", presumably. 😉[/b]
    And your best reaction is to pick up a pitchfork and a torch and go after him incessantly?

Do you always react so awkwardly overboard to offenses you imagine people are making? Or just to people who dare to disagree with you?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 May '16 05:182 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And your best reaction is to pick up a pitchfork and a torch and go after him incessantly?

Do you always react so awkwardly overboard to offenses you imagine people are making? Or just to people who dare to disagree with you?
    Well, I am simply reacting to Grampy Bobby's hypocrisy regarding supposed "Standards of Civility". While there are others here who sometimes utter invective just as ugly as Grampy Bobby's, they don't also browbeat the forum over and over again on the topic of "civility". Thus, they cannot be accused of hypocrisy. I wonder if you see yourself as wielding "a pitchfork and a torch" when you tackle me for pointing out Grampy Bobby's chronic and unrelenting hypocrisy on this particular issue.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    10 May '16 12:49
    Wow. Nobody predicted Trump to win the Nomination...
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    18 May '16 15:05
    Also nobody took a stab at the European Football Championship
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 May '16 04:16
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Wow. Nobody predicted Trump to win the Nomination...
    I predict Trump will win the presidential election in a landslide victory.

I also predict that a small number of people will flee the U.S. by crossing the Canadian border. This actually happened after Reagan won running against Jimmy Carter, but most of them eventually came back.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 May '16 04:33
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Also nobody took a stab at the European Football Championship
    Germany to win. Belgium runners up. England out in the semi-finals.
  8. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 May '16 08:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    Germany to win. Belgium runners up. England out in the semi-finals.
    Do you really think England will get as far as the semi-finals ?
    That will restore my faith in miracles .
  9. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 May '16 08:08
    Originally posted by Startreader
    North of the English Channel, south of John O'Groats, east of Lands End and west of Aldeburgh.
    Cockermouth ?
  10. Subscriberptobler
    Patzer
    Canberra
    Moves
    28 May '16 09:35
    Real Madrid to defeat Atletico Madrid in the Champions' League Final?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 May '16 10:11
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Do you really think England will get as far as the semi-finals ?
    Yes. They will lose on penalties to Germany.

Belgium to beat Portugal 1-0 in the other semi-final.

I'm on a roll.

Losing quarter-finalists: Spain, Turkey, France and Italy.
  12. Subscriberptobler
    Patzer
    Canberra
    Moves
    29 May '16 01:161 edit
    Originally posted by ptobler
    Woohoo! One right at least! (Although my prediction for Hilary Clinton to win the Democratic nomination is still looking the certainty it appeared at the start of the year...)
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 May '16 02:26
    Originally posted by ptobler
    I predict it will be a close run thing with a late equalizer followed by a penalty shoot out. And, yes, Real to pip Atletico at the post.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 May '16 03:06
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    I predict Trump will win the presidential election in a landslide victory.

I also predict that a small number of people will flee the U.S. by crossing the Canadian border. This actually happened after Reagan won running against Jimmy Carter, but most of them eventually came back.
    There is this problem for Drump: his unapproval rating is higher than his approval rating, not a good thing if you are after the presidency.

It would be a disaster on many levels if he actually got the presidency. He knows zero about foreign diplomacy, and is a reactor rather than professional in dealing with people.

Personally I think he is a sociopath, most big time players are.
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    29 May '16 04:04
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    There is this problem for Drump: his unapproval rating is higher than his approval rating, not a good thing if you are after the presidency.

It would be a disaster on many levels if he actually got the presidency. He knows zero about foreign diplomacy, and is a reactor rather than professional in dealing with people.

Personally I think he is a sociopath, most big time players are.
    Factors that work in Trumps favor:

* Two terms of a Democrat presidency. The last time I remember a party holding on to the white house for more than 8 years was Reagan followed by Bush.

* Hillarys personal problems (Bill) and professional reputation, i.e. personal server and Benghazi, to name only two.

* There are a few other factors I could list, but maybe later. I couldn't help noticing how all of your negatves about Trump describe Hillary as well. A lot will be said about both candidates before the November election. But like I said a few weeks ago at the debate forum, I'll let you know what I think of him after (not before) his first year in office.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree