Sticky Thread Game

Sticky Thread Game

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
30 Nov 16

Originally posted by Talem16
Most of the time fails lol. I have not been in the forum since probably a few years !!! Still the same hehe thats why I love redhotpawn ! Over 10 years playing here
Nice that you and many others have stuck around for a decade plus.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
30 Nov 16

Originally posted by Talem16
Most of the time fails lol. I have not been in the forum since probably a few years !!! Still the same hehe thats why I love redhotpawn ! Over 10 years playing here
Talem,

Looks more like over 14 years to me according to your profile. 😉

-VR

Moves
02 Dec 16

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Talem,

Looks more like over 14 years to me according to your profile. 😉

-VR
Hmmmm. Such a STICKler.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
02 Dec 16

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
Hmmmm. Such a STICKler.
GBS,
Yes, it is a weakness of mine. 😉

-VR

Moves
05 Dec 16

GBS,
Yes, it is a weakness of mine. 😉

-VR
Stickiness can be wonderful (like a sticky doughnut) or a curse (like 45 year old child who keeps coming back "home"😉. 😲🙄😀

Gothenburg

Moves
05 Dec 16

Stickiness can be wonderful (like a sticky doughnut) or a curse (like 45 year old child who keeps coming back "home"😉. 😲🙄😀
Perhaps we should stick to the ways of the animals - after you move out, there is no coming back, you're on your own.

Moves
05 Dec 16

Originally posted by Torunn
Perhaps we should stick to the ways of the animals - after you move out, there is no coming back, you're on your own.
I agree. Maybe we should stick a sign on the door saying something like, "(insert name) we have moved away, good luck. Love Mum and Dad"

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
05 Dec 16

GBS,
Now, you can't say you don't like to see your 45 year old child. 😉

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
05 Dec 16

GBS,
Now, you can't say you don't like to see your 45 year old child. 😉

-VR
As long as they don't move in. I would be very happy to see them (as I am/was with both), but they would not be allowed to move back in with me.

Moves
05 Dec 16

As long as they don't move in. I would be very happy to see them (as I am/was with both), but they would not be allowed to move back in with me.
Neither of my kids is 45 or even near that and neither has stuck around, moving out since they started university low these 9 and 8 years ago.

Gothenburg

Moves
05 Dec 16
2 edits

Neither of my kids is 45 or even near that and neither has stuck around, moving out since they started university low these 9 and 8 years ago.
My daughters are 47 and 50 years old and, with some help from me financially and practically when they were younger, they have managed their lives on their own. They have learned from their mistakes just as I have.

Moves
05 Dec 16

My daughters are 47 and 50 years old and, with some help from me financially and practically when they were younger, they have managed their lives on their own. They have learned from their mistakes just as I have.
That (learn from your mistakes) is a rule I have stuck to all my life and have instilled the same with my kids.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
05 Dec 16

Torunn,
I don't have to explain to you as you are older than I am that life is learning experience, which never stops.

Funny, when I was 16 - 17 I knew it all, now I realize I am still learning new things. I guess that would be called growing up & maturing.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
06 Dec 16
1 edit

Torunn,
I don't have to explain to you as you are older than I am that life is learning experience, which never stops.

Funny, when I was 16 - 17 I knew it all, now I realize I am still learning new things. I guess that would be called growing up & maturing.

-VR
That is all very true - and we must let our children learn and mature. Often we follow the examples of our parents in many ways - I did, my children still do and my grandchildren too. I can see in my family that leading by example works - not in fast way but eventually it shows.

Gothenburg

Moves
06 Dec 16
2 edits

That is all very true - and we must let our children learn and mature. Often we follow the examples of our parents in many ways - I did, my children still do and my grandchildren too. I can see in my family that leading by example works - not in fast way but eventually it shows.
I think I simply must learn when to hold my tongue. This thread should have witty replies, not like mine, so back to the topic. Ice Cold/ChessPraxis expected witty posts. 🙂