Sticky Thread Game

Sticky Thread Game

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
06 Dec 16

Originally posted by Torunn
I think I simply must learn when to hold my tongue. This thread should have witty replies, not like mine, so back to the topic. Ice Cold/ChessPraxis expected witty posts. 🙂
Sometimes sticking to a threads original "purpose" is sidelined...and that's OK...I think.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Dec 16

I think I simply must learn when to hold my tongue. This thread should have witty replies, not like mine, so back to the topic. Ice Cold/ChessPraxis expected witty posts. 🙂
Torunn,

I've spoken to Ice Cold/ChessPraxis on the phone. He is a great guy, I don't think he would mind what you had to say at all. After all the object of the game was to keep the thread on top. 😉

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
06 Dec 16

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Torunn,

I've spoken to Ice Cold/ChessPraxis on the phone. He is a great guy, I don't think he would mind what you had to say at all. After all the object of the game was to keep the thread on top. 😉

-VR
Thank you - let's keep it that way 🙂

Moves
07 Dec 16

Thank you - let's keep it that way 🙂
Here, I'll stick in my "two cents" worth.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Dec 16

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
Here, I'll stick in my "two cents" worth.
GBS,

Remember we did away with the Penny. Got to be "5 cents" worth now. I know it just doesn't seem the same expression we been using all these years. 😉

-VR

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
09 Dec 16

Proudly announcing that I am free at last. I am no longer stuck here. The STG has proven to be resilient beyond any and all countering resistances. I realize that it doesn't need me now and never did. This is exhilarating.

Gothenburg

Moves
11 Dec 16

Originally posted by coquette
Proudly announcing that I am free at last. I am no longer stuck here. The STG has proven to be resilient beyond any and all countering resistances. I realize that it doesn't need me now and never did. This is exhilarating.
Ice Cold would have been proud - this is a viable thread, unparalleled as far as I know.

Moves
14 Dec 16

Ice Cold would have been proud - this is a viable thread, unparalleled as far as I know.
It needs to be stuck in the RHP record books.

B
Not Gone Yet

STALKER ALERT!!

Moves
14 Dec 16
1 edit

just saw this -
Me: Do you do lemonade?
Clerk: Do we do... lemonade?
Me: yes, i was told you lemonade here.
Clerk: im sorry, this is a graphics and copying store.
Me: I know that, im not an idiot!
Clerk: im sorry, sir but-
Me: so what you're saying is that you cant lemonade these papers. are you kidding me? really?
Clerk: Do you mean... laminate?

Moves
14 Dec 16

Originally posted by BongalloJoe
just saw this -
Me: Do you do lemonade?
Clerk: Do we do... lemonade?
Me: yes, i was told you lemonade here.
Clerk: im sorry, this is a graphics and copying store.
Me: I know that, im not an idiot!
Clerk: im sorry, sir but-
Me: so what you're saying is that you cant lemonade these papers. are you kidding me? really?
Clerk: Do you mean... laminate?
I was stuck there for a brief moment, then the light went on.

B
Not Gone Yet

STALKER ALERT!!

Moves
16 Dec 16
1 edit

Game 12001236

Good ol mate. One of my favorites.
Plus there's a 300 point upset.

Australia

Moves
16 Dec 16

We never stick to just one topic in this thread.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16 Dec 16

Originally posted by coquette
Sure you are needed, you been here from the start! I was away for quite awhile from the forums, and very surprised when I came back that it was still going strong. It really did catch on.

-VR

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
16 Dec 16

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Sure you are needed, you been here from the start! I was away for quite awhile from the forums, and very surprised when I came back that it was still going strong. It really did catch on.

-VR
Okay, guess I'm stuck

B
Not Gone Yet

STALKER ALERT!!

Moves
16 Dec 16
2 edits

I joined at about 2k posts , then left untill around 3k and tried to kill the thread, then left and came back at 10.3k posts...
But now I see the light! I'm with this until the end.