1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 03:42
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    A. Look it up.

Q. Can you spell m-o-o-n?
    A: I spell it without the hyphens.

Q: How "paperless" are you/were you [or did you try to be] in your working life?
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Feb '16 17:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    A: I spell it without the hyphens.

Q: How "paperless" are you/were you [or did you try to be] in your working life?
    A. I chair the Environmental Sustainability Group. (It does not make me popular).

Q. Can you make anything out of paper, apart from a hat, boat or plane?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 00:00
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    A. I chair the Environmental Sustainability Group. (It does not make me popular).

Q. Can you make anything out of paper, apart from a hat, boat or plane?
    A: Yes, you can make pretty much anything out of paper by turning it into papier-mâché.

Q: Have you ever regretted opting for venetian blinds on a particular window or windows? If so, why?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 01:271 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    A: Someone else can pick up on this one if they want.

Q: Why is Ted Cruz's actually being born outside the USA not having a big fuss made about it while Barack Obama being born in Hawaii generated an extraordinary amount of political flak and accusations?
    Pardon me, but I thought this thread was for answers and only then a question.

If you don't want to answer the question, don't shove it off, thus removing it from discussion. Just skip it.

Why do you think you are able to ask your own, often nasty-intentioned question, after blowing off someone else's?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 01:33
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Q: Why do you think you are able to ask your own, often nasty-intentioned question, after blowing off someone else's?
    A: You seem very angry. All the time. Across numerous threads.

Q: What proportion of members of this web site do you imagine access it through [1] Red Hot Pawn, and [2] Time For Chess [and is there still the Immortal Game one?]
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 03:071 edit
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    Q: Opinion of your president?
    A: OK, no one picked up the ball, so I will. Well. If by my president you mean the one in the country where I currently live - Joko Widodo - then I think he is a relatively honest and idealistic man who was very successful on a lower political rung but that he is rather at the mercy of Indonesia's thuggish and venal political elites - to a degree anyway - and many of the honest and idealistic supporters who put him in power (but who are now disgruntled) are unaware of the realities that are the backdrop to his slow progress and political compromises.

Q: Do you think the fact that many standard toasters, when used in - say - the morning, for the first time, toast the second round of two slicers browner than the first round even on the same setting is a technical flaw that ought to have been addressed by their manufacturers or is this problem not encountered with the kind of toaster that I have never been able to afford?
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 10:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    Q: Do you think the fact that many standard toasters, when used in - say - the morning, for the first time, toast the second round of two slicers browner than the first round even on the same setting is a technical flaw that ought to have been addressed by their manufacturers or is this problem not encountered with the kind of toaster that I have never been able to afford?
    A. Too expensive to fix. I always flick on the toaster without anything in before
    toasting my bread. Gets a crisper outside without drying out the inside! 😀

Q. How many pics of family & friends do you have around your home?
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 14:14
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    A. Too expensive to fix. I always flick on the toaster without anything in before
    toasting my bread. Gets a crisper outside without drying out the inside! 😀

Q. How many pics of family & friends do you have around your home?
    A: Many, as we are a "blended" family.

Q: Where you are (geographically, not mentally) do you get wild temperature swings?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Feb '16 23:38
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    A: Many, as we are a "blended" family.

Q: Where you are (geographically, not mentally) do you get wild temperature swings?
    A. Only when Lindsay asks about one of my few geographically distant friends,

Q. Why are some people on this forum unhappy?
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 01:36
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

A. There's no indication that anyone is truly unhappy.

Q. Why are some people on this forum inquisitive?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 04:59
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    A: No. In the dry season, the cloudless night sky means that the hot air disappears upward and it's much cooler than the day time, but aside from that, the temperatures are (daytime) in the 30s all year around.

Q: Do you have the best facility/equipment for listening to music you've ever had now, or was it something you had at an earlier stage in your life?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 05:051 edit
    A: This is quite a morose question. I am unaware of anyone who might generally be described as "unhappy" here and even if there were such people, I'm not sure there's much be to be gained from speculating or making insinuations about what would be those people's private business.

Q: Are dried seaweed leaves ["nori"] readily available in the supermarket you most often shop at?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 05:09
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    A. There's no indication that anyone is truly unhappy.

Q. Why are some people on this forum inquisitive?
    A: One could just as easily ask why are people different from each other which I now have but I haven't used a question mark.

Q: Do you like (or at least have no objection to) playing with chess pieces [OTB] that are radically different from the Staunton design?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 05:202 edits

A. I'm not aware of anyone who is unhappy, but if they are unhappy then perhaps they don't want intimate feelings about sensitive personal issues publically rubbed in their faces by virtual strangers on the Internet.
    On the other hand perhaps they just gave their queen away.

Q. Are you happy?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '16 05:38
    Originally posted by divegeester
    A. I'm not aware of anyone who is unhappy, but if they are unhappy then perhaps they don't want intimate feelings about sensitive personal issues publically rubbed in their faces by virtual strangers on the Internet. On the other hand perhaps they just gave their queen away.

Q. Are you happy?
    A: No, not at the moment. The last period during which I was what might be described as "unhappy" was during the last week or so of December 2015 until about a fortnight into January 2016 and even then I was cheerful and positive about it for the most part.

Q: How wide is your computer screen?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree