Things You'd Like to Know

Things You'd Like to Know

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
10 Feb 16

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
A: Like all "new" devices they are meant to be replaced a lot sooner than in days of yore.

Q: Have you attained your goal in life?
A: There have been several, some of which I put into the back of my own net.

Q: If I say "Work is a four letter word", how does it resonate with you, if at all?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
10 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
A: There have been several, some of which I put into the back of my own net.

Q: If I say "Work is a four letter word", how does it resonate with you, if at all?
A. Overly simplistic.

Q. Is 12:00 Noon Time AM or PM?

F

Moves
10 Feb 16

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
A. Overly simplistic.

Q. Is 12:00 Noon Time AM or PM?
A: Those who don't know can Google it. 😀

Q: Why are some people drawn to reading obituaries? And are you?

Moves
10 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
A: Those who don't know can Google it. 😀

Q: Why are some people drawn to reading obituaries? And are you?
A: Yes, because my friends are of the age when their parents, or they themselves, are reaching that stage of their lives and I want to make sure I go the visitation, when possible, and pay my respects.

Q: Have you ever said the eulogy at a funeral?

Ro

Moves
10 Feb 16

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
A: Yes, because my friends are of the age when their parents, or they themselves, are reaching that stage of their lives and I want to make sure I go the visitation, when possible, and pay my respects.

Q: Have you ever said the eulogy at a funeral?
A. I was the eugoogalizer at my friend Derek's funeral.

Q. Is there more to life than being really, really ridiculously good looking?

F

Moves
11 Feb 16

Originally posted by Rank outsider
Q. Is there more to life than being really, really ridiculously good looking?
A: Gosh I have so many other irons in the fire; where does one start?

Q: Do you ever tire of colleagues hoping that you'll fail because you are the future and there's nothing scarier than that?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
A: Gosh I have so many other irons in the fire; where does one start?

Q: Do you ever tire of colleagues hoping that you'll fail because you are the future and there's nothing scarier than that?
A. No.

Q. Why are some people so unhappy that they attempt to disguise it with personal attacks
for the purpose of attempting to cause unhappiness for others?

F

Moves
14 Feb 16

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Q. Why are some people so unhappy that they attempt to disguise it with personal attacks for the purpose of attempting to cause unhappiness for others?
A: You could - and probably should - ask yourself this question and reflect a little.

Q: Will there come a day when there are no longer any printed newspapers as we know them now?

Australia

Moves
14 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
A: You could - and probably should - ask yourself this question and reflect a little.

Q: Will there come a day when there are no longer any printed newspapers as we know them now?
A: Definitely, and sooner rather than later.

Q. Do you remember when telephone systems had operators and everyone knew they eavesdropped?

F

Moves
14 Feb 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Kewpie
A: Definitely, and sooner rather than later.

Q. Do you remember when telephone systems had operators and everyone knew they eavesdropped?
A: My parents worked as telephone operators for a time after they migrated to the UK from Ireland. They presumably said nothing when they were eavesdropping, but when they did speak, they tried to disguise their accents ~ something no longer 'necessary' in contemporary Britain, I think.

Q: To what extent is it true to say 'If you've got nothing to hide, then you've got nothing to fear' in this era of eavesdropping far more extensive and pervasive than any era that came before?

N

Moves
14 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
A: My parents worked as telephone operators for a time after they migrated to the UK from Ireland. They presumably said nothing when they were eavesdropping, but when they did speak, they tried to disguise their accents ~ something no longer 'necessary' in contemporary Britain, I think.

Q: To what extent is it true to say 'If you've got nothing to hide, then ...[text shortened]... ar' in this era of eavesdropping far more extensive and pervasive than any era that came before?
A: I think that's a question too complex to be answered here.

Q. Why did you (FMF) enclose the word 'necessary' in quotation marks?

F

Moves
14 Feb 16

Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
A: I think that's a question too complex to be answered here.

Q. Why did you (FMF) enclose the word 'necessary' in quotation marks?
A: Because I don't think disguising one's accent was - or should have ever been - necessary.

Q: How many complex questions do you postpone answering every day? 😛

N

Moves
14 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
A: Because I don't think disguising one's accent was - or should have ever been - necessary.

Q: How many complex questions do you postpone answering every day? 😛
A. I don't keep count, but just because I don't think a question is worth answering here doesn't mean I'm not thinking about the answer to it much of the time already.

Q. Of the non-English sounds in world languages, which do you find most pleasing and why?

F

Moves
14 Feb 16

Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
A. I don't keep count, but just because I don't think a question is worth answering here doesn't mean I'm not thinking about the answer to it much of the time already.
We can talk it over when I arrive on the 14.30 train. Will you pick me up or should I take a taxi?

N

Moves
14 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
We can talk it over when I arrive on the 14.30 train. Will you pick me up or should I take a taxi?
A. Take a taxi. The address is 32 Windsor Gardens, Notting Hill.

Q. If this isn't God's fault, where should we send our complaints?