New UI Support Thread

New UI Support Thread

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
26 Apr 15

Please forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but games explorer is messed up. The column on the right is superimposed on the board, and the pieces are playing over text. 😕

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
27 Apr 15

Originally posted by FlyingWolf
Thanks Russ. Not sure if I was particularly clear in the last post - when I hit the 'Archive' button that appears alongside any competed game under the 'Actions' column in any non-Inbox folder, nothing happens; moving completed games from Inbox into any other folder doesn't appear to be an issue - I've done that a couple of times today without any problem ...[text shortened]... - they don't want to shift over. Tried it several times and I have the latest software on iPad.
This issue only affected people with 1 custom folder only and has now been fixed.

Northamptonshire, UK

Moves
27 Apr 15

Originally posted by Russ
This issue only affected people with 1 custom folder only and has now been fixed.
Thanks, checked & all fine now.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
27 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
the pieces are playing over text. 😕
This is now fixed.

F

Moves
28 Apr 15

It's bad and confusing. Is there any improvement in sight for:

- My tournaments: as we had it, is gone. When i want to lookup my active tournaments, i have to scroll through the whole section, starting with the highest rating tourney, scrolling down through the whole library of tournaments.

- Conventional move: is a useless option for me, because i have to scroll so much and by scrolling up again to set the move, my piece gets scrolled away from the board to a different square. If i manage to set the move, i have to scroll down again to check and make sure the move got set in the right square. The piece often gets set to a wrong square than i wanted because of the much scrolling i have to do, and i can not even check what i'm doing while i'm doing it.

Georgia, USA

Moves
30 Apr 15

Big request to have a "Full Version" option available on a phone.

The consistency would be appreciated, and phones are now plenty big to accommodate it.

Several other sites default to the mobile app, but give the option for the "Full Version".

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
01 May 15

Russ, what is the syntax for embedding a clickable link to another web site?

Moves
01 May 15

Russ, is there any chance of having the board notation visible on a phone? Normally I don't think about it but just sometimes it's useful. I only just noticed it wasn't there, when I looked to check something in one game.

I mean just the letters and numbers at the edge. Not sure of the exact correct terminology. Thanks.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
01 May 15

Originally posted by moonbus
Russ, what is the syntax for embedding a clickable link to another web site?
Do you mean a simple link to the site?

<a href="http://www.redhotpawn.com">Play online chess at RedHotPawn.com</a>

(Suggested text, anything would work!)

Or an embedded board?

This isn't possible right now.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
01 May 15

Originally posted by Startreader
Russ, is there any chance of having the board notation visible on a phone? Normally I don't think about it but just sometimes it's useful. I only just noticed it wasn't there, when I looked to check something in one game.

I mean just the letters and numbers at the edge. Not sure of the exact correct terminology. Thanks.
This is turned off on mobile right now to free up more space for the board itself.

It could earily return as an option on mobile.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
01 May 15

Originally posted by Russ
Do you mean a simple link to the site?

<a href="http://www.redhotpawn.com">Play online chess at RedHotPawn.com</a>

(Suggested text, anything would work!)

Or an embedded board?

This isn't possible right now.
Hi Russ,

Somewhere I saw a clickable red button linked to youtube. How is that done? (clickable button, not youtube)

Australia

Moves
02 May 15

Originally posted by moonbus
Hi Russ,

Somewhere I saw a clickable red button linked to youtube. How is that done? (clickable button, not youtube)
[/youtube]

[you*tube]the youtube URL goes here[/you*tube]

{leave out the asterisks to make it work}

Moves
02 May 15

Can I change new colour of replayer board in forum posts - into Brown&Yellow, like it used to be and like game board luckilly still is?

This gray-greenish colour is like from a Japanese horror movie.

Tacoma, WA

Moves
03 May 15

Very nice upgrade Russ. I see very few bugs in the new version. The main issue I have is there is no tab button to take you to the Sieges page.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
04 May 15

Originally posted by Kewpie
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue39G7nJVaQ[/youtube]

[you*tube]the youtube URL goes here[/you*tube]

{leave out the asterisks to make it work}
Thanks.