New World Champion

New World Champion

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Oct 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Korch
Agree about Fisher-Spassky - the main reason was Fisher which tried to play for a win in each game (maybe except some extraordinary circumstances). But that was one of these qualities which made Fisher unique among world strongest players.

Making common judgements by one particular anomaly is really silly.

About Kasparov-Kramnik thewe were 4 short&borin co and number of all games played there.
The first two games were longer than 6 of Anand's games at Mexico City (that's 43% of his games). You also ignored Kramnik-Topalov, which had no games shorter than 31 moves.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Oct 07

Originally posted by Mephisto2
What a load of crap! Kramnik playing for a win against Anand is not a contradiction to Kramnik having lost interest in the tournament win. There was also the symbolic value (in light of the upcoming match) of him playing Anand. Besides, I said "I tought", who are you to say my statement is wrong? On the same note, I had to laugh when you wrote :"about me ...[text shortened]... ent that Moro was a weaker player than Kramnik" . As if that was a universal truth. BS, yes.
You're a complete idiot.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Oct 07

Only such ignorant person as you cant understand that modern top players are playing much better than old classics.
My statement remains correct and only someone ignorant of chess history would dispute it.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Oct 07

Why people who thinks that winner of Mexico cant be world champion were quiet before tournament and started to complain only after Kramnik lost his title? Would they complain if Kramnik managed to win?
I was "quiet" about Mexico City because I did not regard it as that important except to determine who would challenge the real World Champion. So whether Kramnik won it or not was irrelevant to me.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
05 Oct 07

Originally posted by no1marauder
The first two games were longer than 6 of Anand's games at Mexico City (that's 43% of his games). You also ignored Kramnik-Topalov, which had no games shorter than 31 moves.
You forgot to count all games - not only Anand`s games.

Absence of short draws in Kramnik-Topalov match is "compensated" with really low quality games to compare with other world chamiponship matches during last 50 years.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
05 Oct 07

You're a complete idiot.
Really strong argument 😀

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
05 Oct 07

My statement remains correct and only someone ignorant of chess history would dispute it.
Just your claim.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Oct 07

You forgot to count all games - not only Anand`s games.

Absence of short draws in Kramnik-Topalov match is "compensated" with really low quality games to compare with other world chamiponship matches during last 50 years.
Why would we count all the games? The argument is that the player leading will take a large amount of short and boring draws, not that two players in a late round with no chance of winning will. I'm amazed by your inability to actually follow an argument.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
05 Oct 07
1 edit

I was "quiet" about Mexico City because I did not regard it as that important except to determine who would challenge the real World Champion. So whether Kramnik won it or not was irrelevant to me.
Have you written before (or during) Mexico that result of this competition cant determine champion?

If not - then your attempts to low Anand and other participants of Mexico (except Kramnik) seems like based on your personal sympaties to Kramnik.

m

Moves
05 Oct 07

Id say that top players now are capable of playing at a higher standard more consistently, but if you look at the quality of games in respect to the time and knowledge of the game id say the standard remains the same- and the best classics can come from old master's games, or newer ones. If you mean quality in regards to improvements in knowledge which is used by the masters then yes but in regards to making the best of positions and having good games with small or infrequent errors id say the best games in this respect can come from any period.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Oct 07

Just your claim.
Holding your breath till you turn blue, eh? Typical childish behavior.

Find someone with any knowledge of chess history who thinks that Leko and/or Grischuk are among the top ten players of all time (besides Leko and/or Grischuk's mother). Find someone with any knowledge of chess history who thinks Capablanca and/or Alekhine AREN'T.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Oct 07

Have you written before (or during) Mexico that result of this competition cant determine champion?

If not - then your attempts to low Anand and other participants of Mexico (except Kramnik) seems like based on your personal sympaties to Kramnik.
I don't even like Kramnik's style as I've already pointed out. You really are ridiculous.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
05 Oct 07

Holding your breath till you turn blue, eh? Typical childish behavior.

Find someone with any knowledge of chess history who thinks that Leko and/or Grischuk are among the top ten players of all time (besides Leko and/or Grischuk's mother). Find someone with any knowledge of chess history who thinks Capablanca and/or Alekhine AREN'T.
Find someone with any knowledge of chess history who will agree with your evaluation about "weaker" participants of Mexico.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
05 Oct 07

Why would we count all the games? The argument is that the player leading will take a large amount of short and boring draws, not that two players in a late round with no chance of winning will. I'm amazed by your inability to actually follow an argument.
You have problems to read - my argument was that in tournaments there are usually no more short draws than in world championship matches

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Oct 07

Find someone with any knowledge of chess history who will agree with your evaluation about "weaker" participants of Mexico.
My evaluation was and is that the players at Mexico City were weaker than Kramnik, Anand and Topalov (besides Kramnik and Anand). Who doesn't agree with that? I can't help it if you can't understand such a simple point; ask your mommy to explain what the word "weaker" means to you.