1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Jul '17 15:28
    Originally posted by humy
    Strawman; Nobody denies there are natural causes to climate change; that doesn't imply there cannot be man made changes as the two can without contradiction occur TOGETHER as in at the same time.

So I see like MetalBrain you ignore what the science says and have blind faith in wishful thinking the whole thing is just one vast global conspiracy.

See below ...[text shortened]... evidence, which even by itself is overwhelming.

FreakyKBH; what are your science credentials?
    Since you're a little unsure of what science is, exactly, let me assure you that my scientific cred is at least more solid than yours.
    Unlike you, I do not treat science as anything more than what it is, i.e., an "intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment."
    There isn't a shred of indoctrination or religious overtones to my handling of science; rather, I limit my opinions on what can be proved scientifically--- with data which can be verified.
    The speculation to which the global warming alarmists must resort to removes their work from science and deposits the same in the realm of religion.
    Ain't nobody got time for that.

If the planet has been demonstrably warmer during periods of time wherein man's activities had zero impact, it is safe to conclude that mean temperatures are a result of something other than human activity.
    If people who study geology, meteorology and other earth sciences as a matter of course for their livelihood are in disagreement over what the datum means, who are you to emphatically declare the state of things one way or another?
    Your opinion carries no more weight than a sports fan on Monday morning who insists the team should have gone for it on third and long in the early parts of the fourth quarter: nil.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Jul '17 15:36
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Since you're a little unsure of what science is, exactly, let me assure you that my scien[b]tific cred is at least more solid than yours.
    Unlike you, I do not treat science as anything more than what it is, i.e., an "intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural w ...[text shortened]... he team should have gone for it on third and long in the early parts of the fourth quarter: nil.[/b]
    So what science have you personally conducted or are you satisfied to quote denier websites?
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '17 16:00
    The Chicken Littles of this topic will continue to speak in exaggeration, skewed data and over-the-top hyperbole, but the datum as it lays says something entirely at odds with the suggestion that man is somehow jacking up the weather.
    When the warming and cooling trends decidedly indicate an ebb and flow wholly unrelated to CO2 or any other man-made output, it's more than a little difficult keeping up the Al Gore charade.
    I agree. I always know when the alarmists have contempt for the truth when they keep posting skeptical science links after I exposed that junk science site for deliberate lies. Their source of info for anthropogenic causes is the consensus project. The consensus project makes claims they cannot back up. They provide NO source of info and rely on mere blind faith.
    Note that humy still resorts to posting skeptical science links. He has no respect for the truth and he is a pathetic liar. He is now resorting to slander since he cannot prove anything honestly. I have noticed that alarmists almost always resort to lying at some point while debating me. They can't win with the truth so they resort to lies.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    07 Jul '17 16:39
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    I agree. I always know when the alarmists have contempt for the truth when they keep posting skeptical science links after I exposed that junk science site for deliberate lies. Their source of info for anthropogenic causes is the consensus project. The consensus project makes claims they cannot back up. They provide NO source of info and rely on mere bli ...[text shortened]... to lying at some point while debating me. They can't win with the truth so they resort to lies.
    But he's a scientist, so the rules is different.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    07 Jul '17 17:26
    Aww, that's cute. The Trumpet conspiracy theorists coming to provide a shoulder to cry on for each other. Keep fighting the big bad world, boys, and don't let experts who studied the climate for decades deprive you of your knowledge derived from intense browsing sessions.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    07 Jul '17 19:39
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Aww, that's cute. The Trumpet conspiracy theorists coming to provide a shoulder to cry on for each other. Keep fighting the big bad world, boys, and don't let experts who studied the climate for decades deprive you of your knowledge derived from intense browsing sessions.
    Likewise.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jul '17 18:42
    Likewise.
    Some people here get their expertise by actually getting Phd's in their subject, unlike either you or MB.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '17 18:50
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Some people here get their expertise by actually getting Phd's in their subject, unlike either you or MB.
    A doctorate in one topic makes you an expert in all areas?
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jul '17 18:59
    Originally posted by Eladar
    A doctorate in one topic makes you an expert in all areas?
    No but you guys are no experts yourselves so you follow your dude you think knows his shyte who happens to pose contrary to science even if the dude has a Phd himself. It is the contrary nature of the dude that attracts you not real science.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 19:06
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You are assuming like humy always does. Take the first 3 letters of that word and apply it to yourself.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 19:10
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    More assuming by you of all people? I didn't vote for Trump you idiot!

Who are these experts who studied climate for decades you are referring to? Do you even know what you are talking about? Most experts agree with me so I'd like you to name these people that you think disagree with me. If they are experts they likely don't agree with you.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 19:13
    But he's a scientist, so the rules is different.
    I don't think he is a scientist at all. He has stated too many stupid things to be a scientist. If he is one he is the dumbest scientist I have ever communicated with.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 16:43
    I don't think he is a scientist at all. He has stated too many stupid things to be a scientist. If he is one he is the dumbest scientist I have ever communicated with.
    Agreed.
    I gave him the benefit of the doubt, thinking perhaps he's speaking English as a second language, but it's become exceedingly apparent that we're dealing with either a child or someone with diminished capacity otherwise.
    The disconnect he and sonhouse demonstrate on the regular is enough to make me very grateful they're not operating heavy machinery in my general location.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 17:11
    Agreed.
    I gave him the benefit of the doubt, thinking perhaps he's speaking English as a second language, but it's become exceedingly apparent that we're dealing with either a child or someone with diminished capacity otherwise.
    The disconnect he and sonhouse demonstrate on the regular is enough to make me very grateful they're not operating heavy machinery in my general location.
    Says the guy who thinks the sun is about 3K miles up in the air and the moon generates its own light. Among other pieces of utter bullshyte.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 17:11
    More assuming by you of all people? I didn't vote for Trump you idiot!

Who are these experts who studied climate for decades you are referring to? Do you even know what you are talking about? Most experts agree with me so I'd like you to name these people that you think disagree with me. If they are experts they likely don't agree with you.
    The experts are called "climate scientists." They're the folks who spend a lot of time studying the climate. They tend not to agree with conspiracy theorists who believe that there is a conspiracy among climate scientists to hide the truth from the public.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree