clan suggestions

clan suggestions

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
18 May 17

Originally posted by padger
Yes but they are only -1 because you made them that way
In my scoring it would be
A = 12
B = 4
C = 0
Which is much fairer and rewards actually playing a match not sitting on the sidelines
Why would you make a team who lost a challenge higher than a team who did not??

Are you awarding effort points??

greatest site

or just a tribute

Moves
18 May 17

a clan winning because they played more just doesn't make sense, clan leaders would just load their team with 20 players regardless of ability who are willing to play as many clan games as you can throw at them, they could then lose 50%, 75%, maybe more but would win just because they played more games. the idea of the scores being down to number of challenges played would also kill off most clans, if they didn't have 15 or more members what is the point in them competing, this would wipe out most of the clans

m

Moves
18 May 17
1 edit

You have just qualified my argument
The clan that tried the hardest to get 800 challenges against the clan that only tried to get 200 must be the harder working clan
If they had won a better percentage of the games they would be streets ahead of the other clan
According to 2016 stats Metalica played a total of 326 games and won the title
And Wycombe playe ...[text shortened]... 100 games more than Metalica is that fair ?
I cannot believe that this is the way to go forward
Wycombe also lost 120 challenges than Metallica.
That's why they finished behind Metallica in 2016.
In 2nd place as far as I am concerned .... btw ...

m

Moves
18 May 17
1 edit

What I am saying is the clan that plays the most and participates in the general clan set up
In other words involves lots of other clans should be given a fair crack of the whip not be knocked back for trying
Your way if you took three clans
A plays B and wins 6 - 4
C never plays at all
The order at the moment would be
A 10
C 0
B -10
Explain to me how this is fair
Actually if you look at the clan standings, clans that don't play at all do NOT appear in the standings.
A clan is not added to the clan table until they have a result, win, loss or draw.

So Clan C would not appear in the standings.

Here

Moves
18 May 17

Originally posted by Wycombe Al
a clan winning because they played more just doesn't make sense, clan leaders would just load their team with 20 players regardless of ability who are willing to play as many clan games as you can throw at them, they could then lose 50%, 75%, maybe more but would win just because they played more games. the idea of the scores being down to number of chall ...[text shortened]... ve 15 or more members what is the point in them competing, this would wipe out most of the clans
Is this what you did in 2013 ?

Here

Moves
18 May 17

Originally posted by mghrn55
Actually if you look at the clan standings, clans that don't play at all do NOT appear in the standings.
A clan is not added to the clan table until they have a result, win, loss or draw.

So Clan C would not appear in the standings.
They would only have to play 2 games in one challenge to move right up the table
In that case why bother to play more than one challenge ?
You will never convince me that taking away points already earned is fair play

m

Moves
18 May 17

They would only have to play 2 games in one challenge to move right up the table
In that case why bother to play more than one challenge ?
You will never convince me that taking away points already earned is fair play
Correct.
But if they want to be at the top of the table, they have to play more challenges.
If the aim of a clan leader was to achieve mediocrity, then the clan rating that the likes of Carrobie pursued would have been the system for them.
Except that clan rating system would have rewarded that mediocrity to such a clan by putting them at the top of the table.

As to the negative points, if a clan loses far more often than they win, then their negative net points would be a reasonably accurate reflection of their ability and may be they should be lower than a clan that is near 0.

Not a perfect system, but better than both the clan rating (that we dumped) and gross point system that we replaced years ago.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
18 May 17

Originally posted by Wycombe Al
a clan winning because they played more just doesn't make sense, clan leaders would just load their team with 20 players regardless of ability who are willing to play as many clan games as you can throw at them, they could then lose 50%, 75%, maybe more but would win just because they played more games. the idea of the scores being down to number of chall ...[text shortened]... ve 15 or more members what is the point in them competing, this would wipe out most of the clans
That is the reason for negative points in losses.
That stops mass challenge taking without results

Here

Moves
18 May 17

If this is the way we are going to go then I will only do one man challenges that way I will not have too much negativity

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
18 May 17

If this is the way we are going to go then I will only do one man challenges that way I will not have too much negativity
Unless you can play a ton of those challenges, you won't get much positive either.

Here

Moves
19 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Unless you can play a ton of those challenges, you won't get much positive either.
Have you had a look at Lemondrop recently
I wondered how he got so high even if he is sandbagging
It's lots and lots of one on ones with hardly any negativity
So if you want lots of small challenges ( because big ones could cost you dear ) then bring it on

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
19 May 17

Have you had a look at Lemondrop recently
I wondered how he got so high even if he is sandbagging
It's lots and lots of one on ones with hardly any negativity
So if you want lots of small challenges ( because big ones could cost you dear ) then bring it on
It is risk vs reward, as it has always been.

A 20 vs 20 challenge is heaven if you win and hell if you lose.

Über-Nerd

Moves
21 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Name me any sport in the world where the champion is the one who barely did enough to get by.
Name any sport where defeating the champion doesn't count for a lot?

Suppose, for the sake of comparison, that some team at the Chess Olympiads had defeated the USA and Russia and China and only narrowly lost to Ukraine. That'd be pretty darned impressive, wouldn't it?

The Misfits defeated Metallica 5 -1. We narrowly lost to Be :-) 3 - 4. We defeated Easy Riders 3 - 0. We defeated Yorkshire Laikers 8 - 2. All of those are page one clans (some of the results were from 2016). We're half way down page two. Not a level playing field, IMO.

m

Moves
21 May 17

Originally posted by moonbus

Suppose, for the sake of comparison, that some team at the Chess Olympiads had defeated the USA and Russia and China and only narrowly lost to Ukraine. That'd be pretty darned impressive, wouldn't it?

The Misfits defeated Metallica 5 -1. We narrowly lost to Be :-) 3 - 4. We defeated E ...[text shortened]... me of the results were from 2016). We're half way down page two. Not a level playing field, IMO.
You've completed 9 challenges so far this year.

What do you expect ?

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
21 May 17

Originally posted by moonbus

The Misfits defeated Metallica 5 -1. We narrowly lost to Be :-) 3 - 4. We defeated E ...[text shortened]... me of the results were from 2016). We're half way down page two. Not a level playing field, IMO.
You could make your claim hold weight if you repeated that scene 3 or 4 times.

After all, David beat Goliath ONCE!!!