Clan System Request for Proposals

Clan System Request for Proposals

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
10 Feb 17

m

Moves
10 Feb 17
1 edit

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
10 Feb 17
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
The clan standings are going to be re-calculated once the new system is in place.

That being said, it leaves 2017 in limbo. Speaking as a clan leader myself, this is not a good situation.

How can I plan a long-term strategy when I don't know what the target is?!

Perhaps it's time for Russ to hire some programmers. Clearly there is too much work for just one person to do.

m

Moves
10 Feb 17

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
The clan standings are going to be re-calculated once the new system is in place.

That being said, it leaves 2017 in limbo. Speaking as a clan leader myself, this is not a good situation.

How can I plan a long-term strategy when I don't know what the target is?!

Perhaps it's time for Russ to hire some programmers. Clearly there is too much work for just one person to do.
That depends on what the recalculation will look like.

What has been proposed is the implementation of new formulas.

But from what I have seen, the recalculation will not address tossed challenges.

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
11 Feb 17

Originally posted by mghrn55
That depends on what the recalculation will look like.

What has been proposed is the implementation of new formulas.

But from what I have seen, the recalculation will not address tossed challenges.
That's why clans obviously playing to lose like breaking bad, anti-metallica and arrow need to be suspended immediately. If it is suspected that these clans have an agenda (e,g. to give as many points to other clans as possible to stop Wycombe and Metallica winning) points that they've gifted to other clans (mostly to Sleazy riders) need to be reversed and the clans suspected immediately.

The site has become a mockery because of these few malcontents. Stop this now before you have hundreds of subscribers demanding their money back due to this fiasco. I did not pay my subscription to play in a clan system where a few malcontents are allowed to run around destroying the enjoyment of others.

Please fix this now !!

Moves
16 Feb 17

Originally posted by radioactive69
That's why clans obviously playing to lose like breaking bad, anti-metallica and arrow need to be suspended immediately. If it is suspected that these clans have an agenda (e,g. to give as many points to other clans as possible to stop Wycombe and Metallica winning) points that they've gifted to other clans (mostly to Sleazy riders) need to be reversed ...[text shortened]... contents are allowed to run around destroying the enjoyment of others.

Please fix this now !!
Correct.

Great site being cynically targeted by those cited above.

Retired

Missouri

Moves
17 Feb 17

Originally posted by Russ
Sorry guys, I know it appears that I have abandoned you - this is not the case. My earlier efforts of trying to multitask this weren't that successful and very inefficient use of time. I'll be giving it my full focus soon.
Hi Russ,

Can you provide an update as to when we can expect future changes to the clan
system?

Thanks, My2sons

Here

Moves
17 Feb 17

Originally posted by Russ
Sorry guys, I know it appears that I have abandoned you - this is not the case. My earlier efforts of trying to multitask this weren't that successful and very inefficient use of time. I'll be giving it my full focus soon.
I was under the impression when I read this that you were going to concentrate on the problem in hand
How wrong was I
Obviously the clan situation is not as important as I thought it was
I only have a couple of months now till my subscription runs out
I do not think I will be renewing

st johnstone

Moves
17 Feb 17

Originally posted by padger
I was under the impression when I read this that you were going to concentrate on the problem in hand
How wrong was I
Obviously the clan situation is not as important as I thought it was
I only have a couple of months now till my subscription runs out
I do not think I will be renewing
the same three clans are still handing points to the easy riders this year, obviously the whole protest was a lie,
three main types of games here
1 friendlies i don't play them much
2 tournament games, i play plenty
3 clan is there any point in still playing them?
points will be reset when the new magic system eventually comes in, good luck finding a system that will stop cheats using collusion.
so three types of games to play, as one type the clan system has been ruined andnow unplayable thanks to collusion and nothing being done to fix it, i think a third of payment refund is in line for all members. obviously there will be no future subs paid to a site that does nothing to stop collusion silence is not an answer.

under scottish law it would never happen it would get laughed out of court, but this site is USA based, i think a third refund should be in order as a third of the site no longer a fair place to play chess, any USA lawyers agree?

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
17 Feb 17

Originally posted by roma45
the same three clans are still handing points to the easy riders this year, obviously the whole protest was a lie,
three main types of games here
1 friendlies i don't play them much
2 tournament games, i play plenty
3 clan is there any point in still playing them?
points will be reset when the new magic system eventually comes in, good luck finding a sy ...[text shortened]... be in order as a third of the site no longer a fair place to play chess, any USA lawyers agree?
I don't agree that the clan challenges are unplayable.
It depends how much store you set by the net points clan list.
I've just had a look at the Easy Riders and there's still clans other than their pups challenging them and accepting challenges from them.
Obviously other leaders don't read the forums.
What it needs is a message from Russ to all clan leaders naming the clans that are colluding and suggesting they don't play against them.
I think the culprits would soon get fed up of just playing each other(if "playing" is the right word)

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
18 Feb 17

Originally posted by venda
I don't agree that the clan challenges are unplayable.
It depends how much store you set by the net points clan list.
I've just had a look at the Easy Riders and there's still clans other than their pups challenging them and accepting challenges from them.
Obviously other leaders don't read the forums.
What it needs is a message from Russ to all clan leade ...[text shortened]... nk the culprits would soon get fed up of just playing each other(if "playing" is the right word)
What a pratt
There is no collusion and never has been
Clans challenge each other, some they win and some they lose
Your suggestion slanders the innocent.

If on the otherhand he was to send out a message to all clan leaders suggesting that they refuse challenges from Metallica as the entire clan is a bunc h of sandbaggers then you would get my vote

Mozart

liverpool

Moves
18 Feb 17

Originally posted by Mctayto
What a pratt

If on the otherhand he was to send out a message to all clan leaders suggesting that they refuse challenges from Metallica as the entire clan is a bunc h of sandbaggers then you would get my vote
i find it hilarious that you, and your mate carrobie squabble with metallica, when the truth of the matter is this. The three of you are all a bunch of cheats who bring disgrace to this site. The sooner, the better your all gone.

st johnstone

Moves
18 Feb 17

What a pratt

so the whole protest excuse was another lie from robbie?
why am i even surprised

Moves
18 Feb 17

What a pratt

The King of the Liars has spoken!

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
19 Feb 17

What a pratt

In the case of any clan you're in or been in playing against the sleazy riders it's none you win, all you lose.

Surely it's impossible unless you are colluding to lose 50 challenges in a row to the one clan. Either you're the dumbest fool to ever lead a clan or you are colluding to lose. Which is it?