Sandbagging and Collusion

Sandbagging and Collusion

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

st johnstone

Moves
28 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Giannotti
Okay, here it is... Sandbagging and Collusion

Potentially the ugliest thread on the Site Ideas Forum

We need to condense what we've been talking about down to a few simple actions that RHP can articulate in the spirit of fair play

Let's do this
you should have called the thread

MCTAYTO AND CARROBIE

easier for readers to follow

Here

Moves
28 Mar 17

Originally posted by moonbus
What rules? There is no rule against resigning games. There is no rule against collusion. There is no rule against untimely time outs. There is no rule against clan captains telling their players what to do or not do; neither is there a rule that clan members have to obey their captains. There is no rule against a player belonging to more than one cla ...[text shortened]... ne!

Oh, PS, it is really bad form to publish PMs. Not a rule, more of a politeness guideline.
It is if he is commenting on what a player is doing in a game

Here

Moves
28 Mar 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
stagnation??? what are you talking about stagnation????
Is being out in the light dimming your brain
I will spell it out for you again
You have already said that you would not play a clan rated below your clans rating it would not be worth the risk
Do you think you would be the only clan to do that
Of course not every clan leader worth his salt would not take a challenge from a lower rated clan
So you would end up with like rated clans playing each other and getting nowhere
This is called STAGNATION

m

Moves
28 Mar 17

I have an interesting question for those out there that have been accusing a clan like Metallica of sandbagging.
And I don't mind naming names.
Carrobie, McTayto, Vespin and Lemondrop.

The average rating of all our clan members is 1584.

Yet after Russ' calculations of clan rating, our clan rating is now 1391 !!

Yet our accusers would say that the 1584 rating is too low !!

And don't bring out the ELO calculation.
We have already established that the ELO rating formula and Russ' formula in the FAQ'S are virtually identical.

C'mon Carrobie !! Out with it !! 😀

rc

Moves
28 Mar 17

Originally posted by padger
Is being out in the light dimming your brain
I will spell it out for you again
You have already said that you would not play a clan rated below your clans rating it would not be worth the risk
Do you think you would be the only clan to do that
Of course not every clan leader worth his salt would not take a challenge from a lower rated clan
So you would end up with like rated clans playing each other and getting nowhere
This is called STAGNATION
You are creating a straw man argument. What I have actually said is that there would be less insensitive to do so. If you cannot understand simple English what hope is there for you? My hope would be that the greater the disparity the less incentive there would be and the rest of your scenario makes no logical sense therefore because its based on a false premise and even if it did there is nothing to prevent lower rated clan from playing each other. Did you really think about your text for more than a few seconds?

rc

Moves
28 Mar 17

Originally posted by mghrn55
I have an interesting question for those out there that have been accusing a clan like Metallica of sandbagging.
And I don't mind naming names.
Carrobie, McTayto, Vespin and Lemondrop.

The average rating of all our clan members is 1584.

Yet after Russ' calculations of clan rating, our clan rating is now 1391 !!

Yet our accusers would say that the ...[text shortened]... nd Russ' formula in the FAQ'S are virtually identical.

C'mon Carrobie !! Out with it !! 😀
Your clans rating is not determined on the individual ratings of your clan members, its determined as far as I can discern on a win to loss ratio. Please slap yourself on the forehead for being a slaphead. Infact your individual ratings as players has nothing to do with your clan rating and you are left looking like the dufus you evidently purport to be.

m

Moves
28 Mar 17

Your clans rating is not determined on the individual ratings of your clan members, its determined as far as I can discern on a win to loss ratio. Please slap yourself on the forehead for being a slaphead. Infact your individual ratings as players has nothing to do with your clan rating and you are left looking like the dufus you evidently purport to be.
So .... what was the starting point ?
The ratings had to start somewhere.

Our clan's rating strength has to be a reflection of the strength of our individual players !!

If you continue to call our clan a nest of 1900-2000 players, someone will ask why our clan rating is under 1400.

It doesn't have to be me asking the question !!

You can sell your line of reasoning to a couple of cement heads like Vespin and McTayto.

Good luck with trying to convince the general audience.

I can always give you an out here.
You can tell the clan forum that your assertion that I am a 1900 player was just a case of you blowing smoke out of your rear end.

This is your golden opportunity !!
Make the most of it. 😀

rc

Moves
28 Mar 17
1 edit

So .... what was the starting point ?
The ratings had to start somewhere.

Our clan's rating strength has to be a reflection of the strength of our individual players !!

If you continue to call our clan a nest of 1900-2000 players, someone will ask why our clan rating is under 1400.

It doesn't have to be me asking the question !!

You can sell y ...[text shortened]... ing smoke out of your rear end.

This is your golden opportunity !!
Make the most of it. 😀
You are slobbering, it has nothing to do with the individual strength of your players, it is calculated relative to your win to loss ratio in challenges against other clans. You are creating another illogical argument. Please try to refrain from wasting my time unless you have something real to say.

Thankyou but I don't remember having to seek your permission to express myself.

m

Moves
28 Mar 17

You are slobbering, it has nothing to do with the individual strength of your players, it is calculated relative to your win to loss ratio in challenges against other clans. You are creating another illogical argument. Please try to refrain from wasting my time unless you have something real to say.

Answer my question.
How does a clan of 1900 players manage to have a clan rating of 1400 ??

If you tell us that this is normal in the new system, then what will the forum readership think of the clan rating ??

It will be a number that is basically meaningless.

Just answer the question.

m

Moves
28 Mar 17

What was your goal in this push for an ELO system ??

To see Metallica pushed into 2nd place by a clan that has played 12 challenges this year ?

Or are you upset that we are still up there on the clan table ?

Hmmmm ?

rc

Moves
28 Mar 17

Answer my question.
How does a clan of 1900 players manage to have a clan rating of 1400 ??

If you tell us that this is normal in the new system, then what will the forum readership think of the clan rating ??

It will be a number that is basically meaningless.

Just answer the question.
Please print this off

YOUR INDIVIDUAL RATING HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR CLAN RATING.

lick it with your forked tongue and slap it smack bang in the middle of your forehead!

m

Moves
28 Mar 17

Please print this off

YOUR INDIVIDUAL RATING HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR CLAN RATING.

lick it with your forked tongue and slap it smack bang in the middle of your forehead!
A clan's rating is reflective of the strength of its' players.

If it isn't, then want does the number mean ??

Slap that to your forehead !!

rc

Moves
28 Mar 17
1 edit

A clan's rating is reflective of the strength of its' players.

If it isn't, then want does the number mean ??

Slap that to your forehead !!
No its a reflection of your win to loss ratio relative other clans.

Has that paper fallen off, lick it and slap it right back on their.

st johnstone

Moves
28 Mar 17

What a kicking you are taking hahaha
The Elo sucks more than mctayto

No amnesty

m

Moves
28 Mar 17

And what drives the win loss ratio ?
The strength of the players !!

Slap slap !!