1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 04:23
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    You can't possibly know what everyone else doesn't know.
    [1] I don't know what the origin of this universe is (assuming it has one) [2] I believe you don't know either. [3] I believe nobody knows.

You have not given me reason to think that you know. Nor has anyone else.
  2. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 04:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have said that 'I don't know' hundreds of times - clearly, accurately, consistently, honestly - on this forum over the last ten years, and several times on this thread.
    A few posts ago you said, "My belief is that nobody knows what the origin of this universe is."

So you do believe something you don't know after all. You don't know that nobody knows what the origin of his universe is, yet you still believe it.
  3. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 04:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    [1] I don't know what the origin of this universe is (assuming it has one) [2] I believe you don't know either. [3] I believe nobody knows.

2 and 3 are beliefs you have about something you don't know. God could have created the universe. You could be wrong. Someone who believes he did could be right.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 04:31
    God could have created the universe. You could be wrong. Someone who believes he did could be right.
    Sure. Of course I could be wrong (and so could you). But you asked me about my beliefs. And I have told you.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 04:31
    A few posts ago you said, "My belief is that nobody knows what the origin of this universe is."

So you do believe something you don't know after all. You don't know that nobody knows what the origin of his universe is, yet you still believe it.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 05:302 edits
    The fact that a theory exists does not mean it is credible in the least or has any compelling evidence to support it.
    Irrelevant.

The fact that you can say something stupid about any post, doesn't make Kelly any less disingenuous.
  7. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 06:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    Sure. Of course I could be wrong (and so could you). But you asked me about my beliefs. And I have told you.
    You believe in something you don't know. So you can't use the excuse that you don't know for not believing something. Because clearly you do in some cases.
  8. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 06:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    So therefore you conclude that nobody knows? 🙄
  9. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 06:33
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Irrelevant.

The fact that you can say something stupid about any post, doesn't make Kelly any less disingenuous.
    😴
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 06:33
    You believe in something you don't know. So you can't use the excuse that you don't know for not believing something. Because clearly you do in some cases.
    This is convoluted, grasping claptrap.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 06:34
    So therefore you conclude that nobody knows? 🙄
    It's my belief that nobody knows. It's you belief that you do know: I don't share it.
  12. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 06:382 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    This is convoluted, grasping claptrap.
    Your excuse for not believing that God created the universe is that you don't know. Yet you do believe that nobody knows who created the universe, which is a belief based on something you don't know. So you are not being consistent. When it suits you, you believe something you don't know, but when it doesn't, you don't.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 06:401 edit
    Your excuse for not believing that God created the universe is that you don't know.
    My reason for not believing that your god figure created the universe is that the claim that you make that he did is implausible and unconvincing.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 06:41
    Yet you do believe that nobody knows who created the universe, which is a belief based on something you don't know.
    Nobody has convinced me that they know the origin of the universe.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '17 06:43
    When it suits you, you believe something you don't know, but when it doesn't, you don't.
    This is sophistry.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree