Bad to worse.......

Bad to worse.......

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
21 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
I just have to comment on the % stuff that some here always bring up and argue with and which era or century or whatever time was worst because of the "percentag"e of the world population at that time of any given war compared to other generations such as in the last hundred years up till now.
I think it's pathectic and sad that anyone would say that a ...[text shortened]... e? 160 million compared to 320 million in the future?
That's not worse? Sick minded fools.....
sorry, are we spoiling your 'make it fit to what you would like to believe' approach to the subject by using factual things like statistics and percentages? how dare we!!!

oh and it also smells of hypocrisy, how did you manage to come to the conclusion these days are the worst without applying a value to peoples happiness and misery?

oh and you have made up the majority of your post, nobody on either side of the debate has said or suggested what you claim.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Jul 14

Originally posted by Proper Knob
This has to be the biggest straw man argument I've ever read. To start with -

'I think it's pathectic and sad that anyone would say that any time of our history of humans being killed in war was not as bad as another.......'

Where has anyone said that in this thread?

And this -

'So for those who seem to justify these horrors as being ok and not worse then the time period before'

Where has anyone said that in this thread?
Lol. You really can't see that in the meaning of what some have said? You need to read all the post again.

Moves
21 Jul 14

Lol. You really can't see that in the meaning of what some have said? You need to read all the post again.
can you please point out where anybody has tried to 'justify these horrors' please?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
21 Jul 14
2 edits

As stellspalfie has said above, can you pointt to where anyone in this thread has tried 'justify these horrors as being okay'?

Cape Town

Moves
21 Jul 14

Who here thinks that driving has become more dangerous since the 50s?
Who here thinks that there are more traffic accidents now than in the 50s?
Is the situation with road traffic accidents going from bad to worse, or is it getting better?

rc

Moves
21 Jul 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
Who here thinks that driving has become more dangerous since the 50s?
Who here thinks that there are more traffic accidents now than in the 50s?
Is the situation with road traffic accidents going from bad to worse, or is it getting better?
What about the situation for the Palestinians, is that getting better since the 1950's, gee they must be living it up on that little strip in Gaza safe in the knowledge that with every Israeli bomb things are looking up.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
21 Jul 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
What about the situation for the Palestinians, is that getting better since the 1950's, gee they must be living it up on that little strip in Gaza safe in the knowledge that with every Israeli bomb things are looking up.
Yeah!
And at our local hospice there are people who were fine last year.
Things are definitely getting worse for them.

Proof that G75 must have it right!!!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Jul 14

As stellspalfie has said above, can you pointt to where anyone in this thread has tried 'justify these horrors as being okay'?
No one said that, I never said anyone said that, so the point is I never said anyone said that. Is that point now clear?

The point that seems to be missed is the tone, the attitude and the seemingly non caring theme that comes over from a few of you here whenever this subject is brought up. Instead of comments that would seem to be appropriate, like "yeah things are not good because miliions have indeed suffered in the past and are suffering now" or " maybe from my perspective it seems to be better, but yes with the news and other things such as the internet do in fact show many are suffering and it is a sad thing to see" or " it would be a wonderful thing for humanity if things were really getting better so that much of the suffering could be stopped by the governments".
You know something like that would be good to discuss. But no, nothing like that from anyone here. But in truth all you guys want to do is ignor the facts that anyone can find if you are really wanting to see, and stop arguing just to argue.
And on top of that no one here has come up with any proof that things are better....... Right?
Yeah a few things are better but as a whole man has really screwed up this planet to the point now that a dangerous tipping point is very close if not already happening that the planet connot survive as we know it.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
21 Jul 14

But in truth all you guys want to do is ignor the facts that anyone can find if you are really wanting to see, .
You need to show us those facts.

Because everything seems contrary to your premise at the moment.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
21 Jul 14

https://www.google.co.nz/webhp?gfe_rd=cr&ei=mxiNUrapJ8HC8geY44GIBw#q=things+can+only+get+better+youtube

F

Moves
22 Jul 14

But in truth all you guys want to do is ignor the facts that anyone can find if you are really wanting to see, and stop arguing just to argue.
And on top of that no one here has come up with any proof that things are better....... Right?
It is you who has to come up with facts that support the assertions you are making. You started the thread. You are making the claim.

F

Moves
22 Jul 14

[b]No one said that, I never said anyone said that, so the point is I never said anyone said that. Is that point now clear?/b]
So for those who seem to justify these horrors as being ok and not worse then the time period before, in the future when the earths population is saydouble of what it is now, it would be ok according to your arguments that if another world war happened and the resulting death toll would be double that of WWII, that is ok with you and not worse then WWII because of the population increase? 160 million compared to 320 million in the future?
That's not worse? Sick minded fools.....

No one said that, I never said anyone said that, so the point is I never said anyone said that. Is that point now clear?

But it turns out you DID say it. It's on page 9 of this thread, three posts up from the bottom.

Who is it you are claiming is 'justifying horrors'?

F

Moves
22 Jul 14

Yeah a few things are better but as a whole man has really screwed up this planet ...
Would you care to itemize some of the "few things [that] are better" according to you, so we can get a measure of where you really stand on this issue, which you chose to raise?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
22 Jul 14

Originally posted by FMF
Who made the calculation you are citing?
What difference does it make 'who' made the calculation?

Simple math. Run the numbers yourself.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Jul 14

Originally posted by FMF
Would you care to itemize some of the "few things [that] are better" according to you, so we can get a measure of where you really stand on this issue, which you chose to raise?
No I wouldn't. It is you and a couple others here who suggest that things are not worse.
So it should be you and the others who show things are not so bad and in fact are better.