Bad to worse.......

Bad to worse.......

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
22 Jul 14

Originally posted by galveston75
No I wouldn't. It is you and a couple others here who suggest that things are not worse.
So it should be you and the others who show things are not so bad and in fact are better.
But you started this thread. You are making a specific claim without substantiating it.

F

Moves
22 Jul 14

Originally posted by josephw
What difference does it make 'who' made the calculation?

Simple math. Run the numbers yourself.
Well, for instance, yesterday I asked my 10 year old son to do a sum for me and he got it wrong. I would not cite the result of his calculation. Another case ~ we've just had an election here and we await the final count and some supporters of the candidate who seems set to lose by about 8% with 98% of the results declared, have made a claim that unless he wins [and does so by what they calculate will be a 15% margin] then they will declare the election rigged. I would not cite the calculations of that candidate's supporters in that case. Who makes a calculation can make a big difference. Who made the calculation you cited?

Cape Town

Moves
22 Jul 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
What about the situation for the Palestinians, is that getting better since the 1950's, gee they must be living it up on that little strip in Gaza safe in the knowledge that with every Israeli bomb things are looking up.
Can you answer my traffic questions? Why did you deliberately dodge them?

Moves
22 Jul 14
1 edit

According to the Jehovah's Witness corporation itself, the numbers of Jehovah's witnesses who are actively "preaching" (the door knocking activity they call preaching) is increasing. I would say this is a sign of things getting worse, although if they are all as ineffective as robbie carrobie then the general populace has little to be concerned about.

rc

Moves
22 Jul 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
Can you answer my traffic questions? Why did you deliberately dodge them?
Can you answer my Palestinian questions, why did you deliberately dodge them. How have things got better and better for the Palestinians?

Cape Town

Moves
22 Jul 14

Can you answer my Palestinian questions, why did you deliberately dodge them. How have things got better and better for the Palestinians?
I don't know if things have gotten better for the Palestinians. Probably not. I certainly never claimed that they had if that's what you thought.
Now see if you can answer my traffic questions.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
22 Jul 14

Does that mean its the "Last Days" for the Palestinians?

P

Moves
22 Jul 14

The connection would be the subject thread and that is how things are in fact going from bad to worse.
It depends if you feel everything is bad or not. If you feel everything is bad, then things are going from bad to worse.

For myself, the world seems crazy on the outside, but on the inside greater good is yet to come.

Remember, it is all in God's hands. So no matter how difficult life seems, He is still there.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
22 Jul 14
1 edit

Here is an excellent talk on how things have changed over the past hundred years or so.

http://www.ted.com/talks/hans_rosling_at_state.html

If you go to his gapminder.org website, you can check on a whole host of parameters.

For those who haven't got time to look at this clip, the answer to the OP is that with the exception of the "bottom billion" in the world, things have got significantly better for the bulk of the world's population over the past generation or so.

Moves
22 Jul 14
1 edit

No one said that, I never said anyone said that, so the point is I never said anyone said that. Is that point now clear?

The point that seems to be missed is the tone, the attitude and the seemingly non caring theme that comes over from a few of you here whenever this subject is brought up. Instead of comments that would seem to be appropriate, like ...[text shortened]... pping point is very close if not already happening that the planet connot survive as we know it.
And on top of that no one here has come up with any proof that things are better....... Right?

less sexism.
less crime.
less racism.
less homophobia.
better technology.
better healthcare.
longer lives.
better human rights.
better social care.
better food.
less hunger.
less poverty.
less war.
better education.
better medicine.
better transport.
better communication.
better scientific understanding.
better sociological understanding.
better psychological understanding.
less organised religion.

just a few off the top of my head (some cross over, some need to be split, like technology as it has list long list of its own).

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Jul 14

Imam Quotes The Koran At The Vatican. Is It The Beginning of The End?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
22 Jul 14

Originally posted by FMF
Well, for instance, yesterday I asked my 10 year old son to do a sum for me and he got it wrong. I would not cite the result of his calculation. Another case ~ we've just had an election here and we await the final count and some supporters of the candidate who seems set to lose by about 8% with 98% of the results declared, have made a claim that unless he wins ...[text shortened]... hat case. Who makes a calculation can make a big difference. Who made the calculation you cited?
Obviously someone with greater math acumen than your 10 year old son.

It was years ago. I just don't recall 'who' it was, but I'm sure it was someone more honest than a politician.

Why are you having such a hard time with this?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
22 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Well, for instance, yesterday I asked my 10 year old son to do a sum for me and he got it wrong. I would not cite the result of his calculation. Another case ~ we've just had an election here and we await the final count and some supporters of the candidate who seems set to lose by about 8% with 98% of the results declared, have made a claim that unless he wins ...[text shortened]... hat case. Who makes a calculation can make a big difference. Who made the calculation you cited?
http://www.ldolphin.org/popul.html

You may find this interesting.

Moves
22 Jul 14

No I wouldn't. It is you and a couple others here who suggest that things are not worse.
So it should be you and the others who show things are not so bad and in fact are better.
lets make this a bit easier. as to prove these times are the best we are currently comparing now to the whole of time. so, why dont you tell us which century or period of time was the best to be alive in the last 2000 years and we will tell you why its better now.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Jul 14

Originally posted by stellspalfie
lets make this a bit easier. as to prove these times are the best we are currently comparing now to the whole of time. so, why dont you tell us which century or period of time was the best to be alive in the last 2000 years and we will tell you why its better now.
There are many things that are better now than in the past. However, today if we were to have another world war, there are many more nations that have nuclear weapons. That fact along with other weapons of mass destruction is likely to make such a war much worse than we have ever had before.