1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 09:50
    In a given situation, if you adhere to your understandings of your own morality, then you are being righteous. Sometimes this is hard to do, and the harder it is then the greater the righteousness that you exhibit.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 11:101 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    My question is if you are not connected, if you are acknowledging does it matter what you
    do?
    Only God can answer that question. The son who did the work wasn't connected.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 11:241 edit
    Well let me ask you this, if you do a good deed but not in the name of the Lord, nor do you
    give thanks to God is that the same thing?
    Did Jesus say anything about doing a good deed in the name of the Lord when the Good Samaritan helped the man? If it were a matter of great importance like you continue to make it then Jesus Christ would certainly have said something about it. He was responding to a question of what gives eternal life. Jesus said to love God and your neighbour as yourself... and this is the essence of all His teachings.

But arrogant Christians like you, prefer to re-write the teachings of Christ so that many who will be accepted by Christ, are labelled outcasts.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 12:05
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Did Jesus say anything about doing a good deed in the name of the Lord when the Good Samaritan helped the man? If it were a matter of great importance like you continue to make it then Jesus Christ would certainly have said something about it. He was responding to a question of what gives eternal life. Jesus said to love God and your neighbour as yourself. ...[text shortened]... rite the teachings of Christ so that many who will be accepted by Christ, are labelled outcasts.
    I quite happy with your answer, I agree that doing right will count as a good deed. The
    point isn't that they did good works, but will the good works be enough? Do you also
    accept the scripture that says believing in Jesus is a good work? Do you also accept the
    scripture that says if you do not believe on the Son your condemn already? Do you also
    accept the scriptures where Jesus condemn some who did good works in His name?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 12:474 edits
    I quite happy with your answer, I agree that doing right will count as a good deed. The
    point isn't that they did good works, but will the good works be enough? Do you also
    accept the scripture that says believing in Jesus is a good work? Do you also accept the
    scripture that says if you do not believe on the Son your condemn already? Do you also
    accept the scriptures where Jesus condemn some who did good works in His name?
    Here are the answers to your questions, which I have said many times already:

The point isn't that they did good works, but will the good works be enough?
    According to Jesus, it is enough and good enough for Him. Good enough for me as well

Do you also accept the scripture that says believing in Jesus is a good work?
    Believing with your mouth NO. Believing with your heart = following Christ's commandments YES... thats a good work

Do you also accept the scripture that says if you do not believe on the Son your condemn already?
    To believe on the Son is to believe in His teachings and following them otherwise your faith is dead. Therefore if you do not believe in the Son it means you are not doing good works and living righteously, hence you are condemned already

Do you also accept the scriptures where Jesus condemn some who did good works in His name?
    There is no such scripture

You continue to ignorantly quote this passage as proof that Jesus condemns good works:

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Matthew 7:22-23 KJV)

And I corrected you already but you continue to ignore the truth.

These people
    - ARE CLAIMING TO DO GOOD WORKS.
    - JESUS CALLS THEM WORKERS OF INIQUITY.
    - THEREFORE JESUS DID IN NO WAY CONDEMN GOOD WORKS.
    - JESUS CONDEMNS THEIR INIQUITY

Why are you so stupid?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 13:13
    Here are the answers to your questions, which I have said many times already:

The point isn't that they did good works, but will the good works be enough?
    [b] According to Jesus, it is enough and good enough for Him. Good enough for me as well

Do you also accept the scripture that says believing in Jesus is a good work?
    Believ ...[text shortened]... SUS DID IN NO WAY CONDEMN GOOD WORKS.

Why are you so stupid?
    I'm not asking you to repeat things we have gone over before, what I asked is all you need
    to concern yourself with.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 13:16
    I'm not asking you to repeat things we have gone over before, what I asked is all you need
    to concern yourself with.
    Did I not answer what you asked?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 13:27
    Did I not answer what you asked?
    Not really, according to Jesus good works is enough...where does he say that? That goes
    against the scripture that says we are not saved by good works? Believing in Jesus is
    a good work, and it actually is required which you seem to ignore since it is clearly spelled
    out those that do not are condemned already.

I'd point out to you about Jesus condemning those people who did good works, He did
    not deny they did those things, what He did deny was He knew them, and called them
    workers of iniquity.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 13:32
    Not really, according to Jesus good works is enough...where does he say that? That goes
    against the scripture that says we are not saved by good works? Believing in Jesus is
    a good work, and it actually is required which you seem to ignore since it is clearly spelled

I'd point out to you about Jesus condemn ...[text shortened]... they did those things, what He did deny was He knew them, and called them
    workers of iniquity.
    Jesus did not condemn anyone who did good works.

Jesus condemned people WHO SAID THAT THEY DID GOOD WORKS, .BUT WERE IN FACT WORKERS OF INIQUITY
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 13:50

I'd point out to you about Jesus condemn ...[text shortened]... they did those things, what He did deny was He knew them, and called them
    workers of iniquity.
    Good works is enough.

In Matt 25. Notice why some and welcomed into the Kingdom of God [good works]
    and why some are cast into outer darkness: [no good works]

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
    For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat:
    I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink:
    I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
    Naked, and ye clothed me:
    I was sick, and ye visited me:
    I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
    (Matthew 25:34-36 KJV)
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 14:06
    And I corrected you already but you continue to ignore the truth.

These people
    - ARE CLAIMING TO DO GOOD WORKS.
    - JESUS CALLS THEM WORKERS OF INIQUITY.
    - THEREFORE JESUS DID IN NO WAY CONDEMN GOOD WORKS.

Why are you so stupid?
    And do you think this hypocrisy of yours is good enough for Jesus as well?

You are judging "these people" by saying they are "claiming" they do good works.

You know nothing about them, yet you call them "mouth worshippers". You insult their faith, which may be more faith than you have.

How dare you judge others, and then claim you know their fate?

One might think that it is probably YOU that you should be concerned about.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 14:32

Jesus condemned people WHO SAID THAT THEY DID GOOD WORKS, .BUT WERE IN FACT WORKERS OF INIQUITY
    Yes, they did good works and look what they were called!
    If good works were enough they would have gotten in!
    Look at the things that were not denied by the Lord that they claimed they did!

" Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?"

Do you deny prophesy is good?
    Do you deny driving out demons is good?
    Do you deny performing miracles good?

It isn't the works that saves! We are NOT saved by works, but you'll see the works by
    our obedience there is a difference. You want to claim by our efforts we can get right
    with God while the scripture is clear it is by God we are saved.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 15:29
    Yes, they did good works and look what they were called!
    If good works were enough they would have gotten in!
    Look at the things that were not denied by the Lord that they claimed they did!

" Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?"

Do you deny prophesy is good?
    Do you deny dr ...[text shortened]... y our efforts we can get right
    with God while the scripture is clear it is by God we are saved.
    Wrong. Jesus called them WORKERS OF INIQUITY. Clearly you think your estimation of them is superior to Jesus.

There are Christians who claim to do good works but only Jesus knows if these works are in fact good.

You are wrong about making blanket statements that prophesying, driving out demons or doing miracles is good. You cannot judge that. Christ judged these people and they were WORKERS OF INIQUITY.

There are dozens of reasons why Christ called them that. Many Christians pastors do things for MONEY and for worldly gains hence their works are not good.
  14. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 15:42

Matthew 23:27-28, Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside, but on the inside are full of dead men’s bones and every impurity. In the same way, you appear to be righteous on the outside, but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.…

Doing good works gives you a righteous outside appearance, no?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 15:461 edit
    Wrong. Jesus called them WORKERS OF INIQUITY. Clearly you think your estimation of them is superior to Jesus.

There are Christians who claim to do good works but only Jesus knows if these works are in fact good.

You are wrong about making blanket statements that prophesying, driving out demons or doing miracles is good. You cannot judge that. Christ ...[text shortened]... any Christians pastors do things for MONEY and for worldly gains hence their works are not good.
    Yes He did, He called them workers of iniquity even though they were DID good works!
    I'm not superior to Jesus, that is what Jesus did, even though they did good works Jesus
    looked at them NOT the works they did.

They did those works in JESUS name, Jesus did not deny that they were done. So then
    we are left with something here, if good works can be done and they can still be cast
    away there is something more than works required. Which fits what the rest of the Bible
    says too, since we are not saved by our works least any of us boast.

I don't care what many Christian pastors do, that doesn't matter, what matters is scripture
    and what that says. I'm simply saying one thing in Christ we are saved, it isn't works, and
    everyone that doesn't believe in Him is condemn already.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree