1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 02:1013 edits
    Like usual people deceitfully take the words of Jesus out of context and pretend that they say something that they don't.

The words of Jesus while He walked the Earth can only be fully understood if they are considered within the context ALL the words attributed to Him while He walked the Earth.

At the very least, consider the entire passage in which they were said.

Matthew 7
    15“Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16“You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? 17“So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. 18“A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. 19“Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20“So then, you will know them by their fruits.

21“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22“Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23“And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’

It's pretty straightforward:
    A good tree produces only good fruit and CANNOT produce bad fruit.
    A bad tree produces only bad fruit and CANNOT produce good fruit.

A "good tree" produces only "good fruit". The "good tree" does not require further explanation.

A "bad tree" produces only "bad fruit". How can that be? Don't "bad trees" sometimes produce "good fruit"? This requires further explanation and Jesus provides it in Matthew 7:21-23.

In Matthew 7:21 Jesus explains "good fruit" which is doing the will of His Father. A "good tree" ONLY produces "good fruit". A "good tree" ONLY does the will of His Father.

In Matthew 7:22 Jesus raises the question He's sure will be asked by many: "What about all the "good fruit" that I produced?"

In Mathew 7:23 Jesus explains that since they also went against the will of His Father ( "practice lawlessness" ), He does not consider anything they did as "good fruit". He will tell them, "I never knew you. Get away from Me."

Hence a "bad tree" cannot produce "good fruit".

This is consistent with what Jesus said in Matthew 13:36-43 and Matthew 23: 27-28 and elsewhere. Read the words of Jesus while He walked the Earth IN CONTEXT in order to fully understand Him.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 11:02
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Of course good works are not condemned. The thing you don't want to acknowledge is that we are not saved by good works.

Ephesians 2:8, For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast.…
    I have never said we are saved by good woirks. If I have said that then please show me where. And the reason why I never say that is that the expression 'saved by' can take on many meanings. I always use the term 'get eternal life' or 'enter the Kingdom of God'

I have repeatedly said the following is very simple words:
    - All of mankind is saved by Jesus Christ
    - Those who are allowed to enter the Kingdom of God are not necessarily those who profess the have faith in or believe in Jesus Christ. Faith with your mouth does not save.
    - Doing good works and living righteously is required for eternal life as Jesus stated clearly in all of his preachings.
  3. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 11:10
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I have never said we are saved by good woirks. If I have said that then please show me where. And the reason why I never say that is that the expression 'saved by' can take on many meanings. I always use the term 'get eternal life' or 'enter the Kingdom of God'

I have repeatedly said the following is very simple words:
    - All of mankind is saved by Jesu ...[text shortened]... iving righteously is required for eternal life as Jesus stated clearly in all of his preachings.
    So how then are unbelievers saved if not by good works? Or do you now deny claiming that unbelievers can be saved?
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 11:151 edit
    So how then are unbelievers saved if not by good works? Or do you now deny claiming that unbelievers can be saved?
    Been down this road before and I wont be going there again. Your head is screwed up by church doctrine.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 11:16
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Good works are not condemned, but people who do not believe are.
    You do not understand what the word 'believe' means.
  6. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 11:39
    Been down this road before and I wont be going there again. Your head is screwed up by church doctrine.
    And the gospel according to Rajk is the only pure doctrine that is not screwed up. I see where this is going.
  7. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 11:39
    You do not understand what the word 'believe' means.
    And you are the only one that does?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 11:52
    And the gospel according to Rajk is the only pure doctrine that is not screwed up. I see where this is going.
    The doctrine of Christ is the only pure doctrine, and you have been influenced by the church to decry Jesus teachings and refer to them in a derogatory manner. Yet you claim to believe in Christ. This is classic mouth worship and you will reap the reward of those who engage in it.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 11:52
    And you are the only one that does?
    You clearly dont
  10. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 12:14
    The doctrine of Christ is the only pure doctrine, and you have been influenced by the church to decry Jesus teachings and refer to them in a derogatory manner. Yet you claim to believe in Christ. This is classic mouth worship and you will reap the reward of those who engage in it.
    Decry? What are you on about? When have I referred to the teachings of Christ in a derogatory manner?
  11. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 12:15
    You clearly dont
    And you know this how?
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 17:31
    I think Fetch is of the opinion that all you have to do is say I take Jesus as Lord that this will get you a ticket to heaven.

Of course, if all else is work, then isn't saying Jesus is Lord also work?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 17:39
    Decry? What are you on about? When have I referred to the teachings of Christ in a derogatory manner?
    Is 'works based salvation' a compliment?
  14. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 17:42
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I think Fetch is of the opinion that all you have to do is say I take Jesus as Lord that this will get you a ticket to heaven.

Of course, if all else is work, then isn't saying Jesus is Lord also work?
    What gave you that impression? I believe faith is the first step and obedience to the commands of Christ is the natural second step. Rajk seems to think that unbelievers who live an outwardly 'moral' life can be saved, even if they are full of dead bones on the inside.
  15. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    09 Dec '16 17:43
    Is 'works based salvation' a compliment?
    Works without faith is works based salvation that is what you preach. Jesus said repent and believe. That is the first step.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree